It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Lost Book of Nostradamus, 9/11, and The End of the World!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by eagle32
but wait, I just watched 'The man who saw tomorrow' and it clearly indicates the following.

During 1994-1999 WW3 will be started

Some source have speculated that the War against humanity started with the 1993 WTC bombing and the 1995 Waco assault, as these event led to the current "restrictions" on civil rights

It will be the third anti-christ. a muslim with a blue turban who along with Russia launches an all out assault.

I remember in the 1980's when Khadafi(Lybia) was a menace with a blue turban

A nuclear attack on New York, I cant see this being 9.11 as it mentions hot winds that leave no person left alive in 'the new city' at 45 degrees.

Some source say that the core of the towers were hit with "mini nukes"

The war will last 27 years when Russia turns on Iran and joins USA and then there will be a thousand years of peace.

This one could be resolved fairly soon, perhaps the US will enlist the help of Russia because of the lack of adequate troops. Maybe the whole Russian/USA Putin"super nuke" is a smoke screen.

I guess that second coming, messiah and saviour thing isnt going to happen then.
[edit on 28/10/07 by eagle32]

This is the crux of the whole big reality scam. Nobody is going to work in the mines, if they think the world will end tomorrow. However, the endless speculation about which"carrot" we are really chasing keeps the workers distracted enough to carry on. What was that slogan..." Work is freedom"

[edit on 29-10-2007 by NWRHINO]

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by thelibra

But beyond that, I offer these few grains of salt.

1.) Dec 21st as a "significant date" in any year should not surprise anyone

2.) Any quatraine about a tower could be about almost any tower,

3.) "The New City" is almost always attributed to New York by Americans,

...and to rub that salt around, i offer these observations;

A) It's the shortest day & longest night, In the "Northern Hemisphere"

B) 'Towers' also called Minarets (between 1-4) are found at Mosques !

C) The New City, term was commonly used with the city of Constantinople, (formerly Byzantium), (presently Istanbul)...
~~~ Now IF Turkey along with Iraq assimilates into the soon to be Caliphate which springs from Iran/Persia,
all that would give new meanings & interpetation to the guideposts
which Nostradamus left us to ponder.

history & events aren't completely centered on the 'western' world or worldview (like you mention in describing NYC as 'new city')

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by sp00n1

Exactly, in my opinion, a true prophet is one who can tell you plainly what is going to happen with a date/time and the circumstances of the event...and, more importantly, that event actually occurs the way it was prophesized.

While I enjoy a good ear-tickling like everyone else, Nostradamus' predicitions are only found to describe some event AFTER it happens. Why can't anyone find a quatrain and say "Aha, this event will happen on this date/time". Why must you wait until the event happened and then claim how correct he was? Seems like backwards logic to me.

I think what is more important is how many cultures seem to point to 2012 as a time where there is a dramatic change as we pass into a new age.

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 09:36 AM
link   
I watched the show, and must say that I was unimpressed. I won't elaborate on the whys, as others here have voiced the faults for me well enough.

Prophecy is a lucrative business, and in case you didn't catch it, old Nostradamus died a fairly wealthy man. But it's a twofold thing; you make the prediction just vague enough to where it gets enough interest for the rich worriers to call you in to explain it better, and pay you extra for that. And if you time it right, you're close enough to the coming event that a sharp person can then make a good guess.

And just like padding your resume', you throw in a lot of really vague things for the far future. This insures that no one can catch you out in your own lifetime and call you on it, yet it gives you a body of work to publish, as did Nostradamus.

As to the 2012 thing. Well, it's an astronomy/astrology event that will happen at it's appointed time as the "heavens" turn, so it is completely natural that both Nostradamus and the Mayans would notice it and remark on it being significant. And it was far enough in the future for both to feel safe in making it the end point. After all, they had to end somewhere, and such an event that happens only every 13,000 years is a logical stopping point, especially when that event is well beyond your own life span.

Oh, and the one "prediction" that gave the jump start to Nostradamus' career was the jousting accident. But it's not to hard to see someone that engages in a violent and dangerous pastime as being in danger. And then if you word it just vague enough, you too can be a winner. ( "Sam, you're going to break your neck one of these days if you keep doing these extreme skateboard stunts." )

Now I'm not saying that no one, at no time, ever has a glimpse into the future. What I am saying is that from all the evidence that has ever been shown to be somewhat valid, it's an odd thing that comes out of the blue, and doesn't seem to be so "controlled" as to be a way to make a living from. It's more like the difference between finding a four leaf clover in a horse pasture, and raising a ten acre plot with nothing but four leaf clover.

But by all means, let us all try to change the way the world is before 2012 gets here. It needs changing, and if fear of doomsday is how we can get it done, then let's ride that horse into the ground!

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Watched it most the way - then fell asleep about 10:30. boring rehash. should have levle indicators- Nostra for Beginners, Intermediate & advanced. I could have turned down the sound and just checked out the drawings. Inteestin one of the pope with a sword coming out his mouth and impaling the lamb, while the serpent stands happily by. Will the Catholic Church be responsible for the death of the Messiah? Will they instead call him the devil, the Antichrist? Are they destine to befall the reputation the Jews have carried for the last 2000+ yrs.
Will this "Anti Christ' actually reveal the Unholy nature of thta beast and the other "ordained" religions???? wil the Pope condone the execution of the true Savior, to keep Power? Who will be the Anti Christ is a mater of perspective. Personally I find Organized Religion to be Heretics ( to God or Nature, it's irrelevant). I beleive theirs has been the reign of Satan- If they kill others to prove their right, they are heretics. so THEIR Savior is one I do not wish to suffer under (I've done that long enough). The Prophets were not wrong ( David, Moses, Jesus ,Mohammad..) Just those who have since connived to reap the glories befitting their sacrifics. in some sick twisted way I hope their right about Judgement Day- but wrong about the Who will be doing the Judging. they better hope It is truely divine and not vengeful either.

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I was curious if anyone watched the two shows that came on prior to the Lost Book show that came on at 9? Did they not say that Nostradamus had predictions dating all the way out to 3792, or something like that? I may have heard this wrong, but i thought this is what they said. I remember the comment "His predictions date all the way to 3792, so we have plenty of time to research the writings." I could be wrong on the date, but i do remember it being late into the 3000s.

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Haha - thanks for this post. I remember watching that Orsen Wells special on Nostradamus on HBO when I was a little kid. That movie sacred the b-jesus out of me and watching it now again I understand why. Man- they showed real dead bodies in one of those scenes! For whatever reason or whatever agenda that movie was put out I'm not sure but It does make you realize that Nostradamus predictions can be used for propaganda and twisted to fit many molds. I have been a Nostradamus buff for many years and Orsen Wells might be a big part of that reason. That said, I hope someone gets this new History Channel special up on Youtube because I don't have cable - I also want to add the warning - Realize the source - History channel maybe trying to push some propaganda or agenda and I think thats what people should really be watching for. I will be starting a separate thread on Nostradamus in the near future.

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by sp00n1

Nostradamus actually gave no true dates. Those were added in later by people who were not on the same "wave-link" you could say. The person that he was talking about will come out of the east wearing a blue turban. I think that that is a metaphor. I can't figure it out but NYC will be totally destroyed...not just a couple of buildings.

I argue Nostradamus with my Dad alot. I think there is some truth but not 100%

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Oh yeah, I love this film. Weather or not it is true..... It is still good production. I still believe that NYC will be totally destroyed.....

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 11:52 AM
link   
I recorded this and wanted to add something to it but I haven't read the thread yet. The tower is just a coincidence sorry but it doesn't even look like a building and there was only 1 tower that I saw. The other thing was that the passage.

Under the false guise of faith of the shaved heads may saboteurs shall be sown.

Now they put the emphasis on false guise of faith and saboteurs. Well none of the pictures they showed of Hussein or the terrorists had shaved heads. So I'm not seeing the connection if anything the faith of the shaved head is either going to be Buddhism which I believe atleast at first you must have no hair to be admitted or the Skinheads. I think people are looking too far into his stuff.

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by sandman441

I don't know.... you have to admit that he has predicted some stuff that actually happened. I think he might have been off by a few dates. I think there is a reasaon that Russia has been warning us not to attack Iran. I beleive there are a few different theories that could be going on today. I you think about it..... 1994 or 1993 was the first WTC bombing. kinda strange......

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by purple girl

Remeber, the church that killed to keep control was the Catholic church. My church (russian orthodoxy) never used fear and death as a way of gaining power. there is no need for power. if you are a true christian, the motto is live and let live. but never let your faith be shakin

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by sp00n1
Something that i have noticed as of late is that events around the world do seem to be accelerating. Everything feels more significant, and there seems to be this huge energy building up that's just waiting to release......

I thinks its just an accelerated flow of information not events, just a bunch of hype to scare people and sell commercial time to an already scared public who will buy into anything said on TV and never really look up or read anything for themselfs.

"OWNED"

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Nostradamus predictions really look good in the current events on the world stage at this time in history, scary stuff.

If I remembered correctly, the older Nostradamus shows hosted by Orsen Wells said the "New City" was not New York but Los Angeles Ca.

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Timmyboi23
reply to post by sandman441

I don't know.... you have to admit that he has predicted some stuff that actually happened. I think he might have been off by a few dates. I think there is a reasaon that Russia has been warning us not to attack Iran. I beleive there are a few different theories that could be going on today. I you think about it..... 1994 or 1993 was the first WTC bombing. kinda strange......

I have to read some more of his stuff. I basically heard of when I think in '99 and I know alot of that stuff wasn't right. But I think some of that stuff is just a coincidence. I know it's definately not the same thing but watching comedians from the mid to late 80's they are talking about immigration problems and the middle east. I had to look at the date of the program because this stuff is still relevant today. It's just weird I guess.

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 12:30 PM
link   
This was the WORST show ever. Just a bunch of the same boring stuff. Nothing new, Nothing exciting.

They don't even know if it's real. They have a couple of entries in the libraries journal referring to this book.

So, It "May" or "May Not" be the work of Nostradamous.

It figures. The old conspiracy line that tries to save face - "May or May not be".

More useless dribble. Which will of course be played out here on ATS until the end of time.

One more thing - funny how for 500 years he was noted for his stupid inane "quatraines" now all of a sudden he's an artist too!!!

Also, funny how the drawings resemble those of tarot cards.

I smell something funnny here....

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by CyberTruth
Haha - thanks for this post. I remember watching that Orsen Wells special on Nostradamus on HBO when I was a little kid. That movie sacred the b-jesus out of me and watching it now again I understand why. Man- they showed real dead bodies in one of those scenes! For whatever reason or whatever agenda that movie was put out I'm not sure but It does make you realize that Nostradamus predictions can be used for propaganda and twisted to fit many molds. I have been a Nostradamus buff for many years and Orsen Wells might be a big part of that reason. That said, I hope someone gets this new History Channel special up on Youtube because I don't have cable - I also want to add the warning - Realize the source - History channel maybe trying to push some propaganda or agenda and I think thats what people should really be watching for. I will be starting a separate thread on Nostradamus in the near future.

I remember watching that, also, and wondering if that was going to happen, the guy with the blue turbin. Watch the part that starts with, "In the year, 1999, and seven months", etc. I guess this would be a match for 9/11 in a way. I thought about this movie when 9/11 happened, and it was similar to what happened, except it was airplanes, instead of nukes! The "hot wind" and "the sky at 45 degrees" was accurate. Last night on "The History Channel", I'm not sure if their interpretations were accurate on the pictures, it's like they were guessing, and the pictures could mean so many things, etc.

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I caught part of this, not much different than any other Nostradamus show. To me it is all specious and speculative. I would have rather watched Negrodamus, Paul Mooney is much more entertaining.

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 02:47 PM
link   
revelations of the bible predicts fire from the sky in the sight of all men, 9-11 was seen around the world thanks to television.

It also talks about the makeup of governments described as "the beast" who follows the dragon and the woman on the dragon. In my mind the dragon is china and the woman is america. Two deceptive leadership nations who practice evil in the sight of the lord, or i.m.h.o-the lord is a quantum energy tied to everything that can flux himself into a cenciant being.

Nostradomus may have also seen the future. The earth and the human brain I think are made to work together for humanity, the energies we are supposed to know, have been perverted and used by greedy people, muting the potential for you to see through lies, or the veil of the future.
Following modern paths to their possible conclusions, or outright having the chasm open and seeing into time, which id like a chance at someday.

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I would just like to share a few comments about the Documentary video with Orsen Wells. I did not see the History Channel show
, Nostradamus has always been a interest of mine.

At the end of the documentary he states that the war is predicted to end when a meeting at the North pole between a surprising ally is found. I think the assumption that it is Russia is incorrect. I think is it Japan. Surprise! I say this because he goes on to mention the meeting of the "Eagle" and the "Sun". This leads me to believe Japan not Russia. Any comments?

Also. I was curious about the reference toward the blue turban wearing mystery man. My first thoughts was that of Iranian Ahmadinejad. But he does not wear a turban, the only leader to wear a constant blue turban is Dr. Manmohan Singh of India. Images

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join