It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moses' Schizophrenia, Prophetic Craziness and the Overunity Spirit

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 12:14 PM
link   
If Moses existed as the Bible presents him, we can gently conclude that the founder of IHVHism was what contemporary psychiatry calls a schizophrene.

Hearing voices, engaging in oblivious actions, pretending and actually become the leader of a crowd of hundred of thousands. All this after a long period of social anomy itself induced by the traumatic experiences of murder, banishment and exile.

The entire complex also matches all symptoms of what is given as the most common mental pathology and no less problematic on the scale of madness according to the western standard - which more or less comes as a late product of the judeo-christian paradigm. Strange twist in how humanity conceives itself under the setting sun...

Gilles Deleuze and Felix Guattari showed that schizophrenia could be taken as the lacanian A object of contemporary culture, or better said sort of a negative singularity of common paradigm, - the figure of the most freaky, for so dangerous to the point of inducing to full extense the isolation of the person from the social network, actually subversive mindtrap threatening the spirit of the common standard citizen. Also do they claim that modern world is ruled out of the radical reject of any kind of schizophrenic skills. Meanwhile described they schizophrenia as some mega-state of mind shifting the subject's status to the one of a sort of overunity machine - personal viewpoint there - which offer to generate new forms of noospherical material - to use there of some theilhardish notion.

Back to the Moses' case, the fact that some schizophrenia could be linked his profile can easily be extended to all biblical prophets including Yeshua.

Other chamanic, post-mandean or meta-egyptians priesthood if not ultrabrahmanical aspects shall not be negliged for so, sure. But the question of schizophrenia taken as one dimension of hebraïc prophetism opens many perspectives from within the standard western paradigm.

"Don' be a schizophrene" discretly put forth the Moral System... that put forth you not to be a schizophrene... A chaman. An Abraham.

Bush claims to hear voices ? Let's admit we all do. And so revendicate.

[edit on 28-10-2007 by Rigel]

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rigel
The entire complex matches all symptoms of what is given as the most common mental pathology and no less problematic on the scale of madness.

OR ....

He was a brilliant leader who knew exactly what to say (claim visions of God) in order to bring the highly religious people together under his rule. The 10 commandments are straight from the commandments of 'The Lord of Righteousness' in Egypt (of which Moses would have learned). The 40 years 'lost' in the desert were time enough for the Jews to procreate 2 generations and build an Army (which Moses would have known). This would mean Moses was a brilliant politician and brilliant war leader.

OR ...

He was a true visionary of the Divine.

OR ...

He was crazy as you say.

MY GUESS - he was a brilliant politician and war leader.
Which means we both could be correct.

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 12:36 PM
link   
No contradiction. All this can be consequences of the same state of mind, taken as craziness by modern ethics.

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I didn't believe in Jesus till I got off of a bus in SF back in the 60s. A hippy came up to me and asked if I had some bread I could give him. I did and he turned it into wine pretty quick.

Seriously, you are going to have Pat Robertson on you so fast it'll seem like yesterday.
Calling every figure in the Bible a string of nut cases.

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Not to mention the possibility he never existed as a person, being just the allegory of a mass immigration deeply organized and scheduled by both egyptians and hebrews, the story of Moses being written by the scribes of Josias. The Hyksos explanation, in one word.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Rigel

Rigel:

I found your thread the most precise example of a person that talk to much about things that it does not know at all or only in a so small portion, your hypothesis is really impressively bold.

Schizophrenia is a type of mental illness that weak the will of the person, its attacks happen without having the patient control over them, usualy paired with motionless or purposeless agitation. It is true that many schizophrenics have allucinations but also it is true that when they became in critical state everybody can see clearly that they are out of control.

These type of allucinations are usually related with traumatic experiences lived in some previous epoch, in which the disorder started, so are not the type of pleasant visions described in the bible, not a calm dialog between God and a prophet, like the ones of Daniel, or the dreams of Joseph or St John, but something entirely different that happen during a personal panic crisis being awake.

Could an schizophrenic have a visions of David like the ones described in Salm 91 or Salm 98 or Salm 23? Not at all any physician can assure to you. The salms of david are not only vissions but one of the the must highest samples of poetry of the antiquity.

For this reason many schizophrenic requires isolation since it is so common that they became violent, during their allucinations they have fierce argumentations or even fights with their imaginary adversaries or conflicts.

If the vissions of the prophets were all a chain of schizophrenic experiences never nobody could go to any part following them, it was impossible the successful trip of Abraham from Ur, in Iraq, to Palestine, or the exodus of the hebrews across the Sinai toward Palestine. How thousands of people were going to follow a visible mad man ? somebody with clear signs to be insane?

By other side terrible events predicted in the Bible like the destruction of Sodoma and Gomorra, also announced in vissions have been confirmed by archaelolgists as well as the existence of the walls of Jerico that Jeshua destroyed with the aid of God or the great flood of Noah, recently documented by Geologists, Archaelogists, and historians in connection with the broken of the Bosphorus straight to allow the pass of giant amounts of water from the Egeus to the Black sea.

There are many things that does not match with your theory, that looks to be the most schizophrenic I ever listen about the mysteries of The bible. I suggest you to return to the Psychiatry faculty if you have really studied this Science to give such a diagnostics or consult your own Therapeut about these terrible doubts.

by the way one of the most efficient ways to prevent the suffering of mental illness like this one we are talking about is precisely to have a strong religious beliefs. This is since Schizophrenia is by definition the progressive lose of all the psicological defenses of the individual, the patient feels that some external evil forces control his life, that are permanently stressing him, creating resistance or arguing with him in his head.

There are many causes of this problem, one could be the the cumulative pressure of the problems of life and the absense of something that give hope and others organics or from the personal style of life, related with the lack of capacity to restore the normal emotional balance, natural state of tranquility of the mind.

The people that does not learn how to relax in any way, to create innner peace, the ones that depend a lot of the surrounded circumstances are so vulnerable to this type of mental illness. In this way we can see that Atheism is not precisely a good option, at least not very healthy for mind, as famous cases like the one of Friedrich Nietzsche can show( pls chk:www.bemyastrologer.com...)

Other famous cases of Schizophrenia among atheists in the History were Joseph Stalin & Adolf Hitler.

Pls chk:

schizophreniabulletin.oxfordjournals.org...
web.uccs.edu...
www.pearsoned.co.uk...

thanks to open this thread to allow me to clarify this so important point, Of course for the skepticals of the extrasensorial perception.

I suggest you to don't speculate more about this topic, that it is clear you don't know deeply and if you want to know more about the actual meaning of Predictions, the work of serious professional psychic and about me chk my threads at:
www.belowtopsecret.com...

The Angel of lightness

[edit on 5/20/2008 by The angel of light]

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by The angel of light

Methinks

You're

A

Gentle

Sheepy

Child