It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secrets of ATS

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 12:03 PM
link   
The screen name of that poster is also rather "spot on" for that type of job. After all, this is a hard sell, and so must be as tough a job as the name implies.

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by NGC2736
OK, now that you've pointed these things out, I'm peeved. Here I've been doing for free what others are being enlisted and probably paid money for? What an outrage!

Why, you got money for that excellent Dogon-piece, didnt you?

Btw: Someone is submitting a counter-story to it, dont be fooled by the Dogon-Debunk.

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by NGC2736

I hadnt even noticed the name. what a perfect match to a government disinformer.

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by hinky
It's not me....

I sensed the girl on the pic isnt you. Otherwise Id have added you to my friends list a long time ago.

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Throbber
I may be aware of one or two members whom are part of a special interest group, yes.

I dont require names...but you could at least expand on the idea a bit. Interest groups toward what topics?

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating

Why, you got money for that excellent Dogon-piece, didnt you?

Btw: Someone is submitting a counter-story to it, dont be fooled by the Dogon-Debunk.

They printed it in the newsletter anyway. I haven't actually seen the green for it yet, but I expect that takes a while, so I'm not rushing them any. And thanks for the compliment on the article. I put it out there to start debate on a subject that has been ignored or marginalized, and boy did it ever do that!

The counter-story should be a worthwhile read, and I look forward to it, either in the newsletter or as a thread here on ATS. I took a couple of personal hits on the article, but that just proves it was worth doing.

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
"It takes one to know one"

* There are cooperative posting-groups who answer to each others threads to keep them alive and push a certain subject.

In a sense this is true. We have members that hang out in the aircraft forum and push threads that they enjoy and follow up on. They may not even make it to any other forums cause they don't care for them

* There are posters who secretly respond to their own threads under another I.D. and IP adress (something that cant be prevented as anyone can log-in from another location).

The mod in a forum can check the IP address of anyone posting there. When a member is found to have more than one account they are asked to pick one and stick with it. Though it's possible to have two different IP address' it would seem like a lot of bother to go to such measures for a chat board.

* The staff employs posters or existing members to fullfill certain tasks. While these appear as normal members to us, they have a specific directive from the staff. Examples: "Cause entertainment by posting outrageous claims". "Cause quality by posting well researched threads". "Cause hype by posting insults". "Cause civility by calming two opposing sides down". "Use the avatar of a good looking woman to attract more users".

Causing quality by posting well researched threads is asked of every member, not just certain individuals.

Still, I can honestly say I've been here many years and not once has anyone asked me to post anything. Not even when I was a mod.

* Spooks and government agents actively participate in order to steer disucssion in certain directions (this couldnt be prevented, could it?).

It can't be ruled out. Thats all I'll say about that.

As for the idea of there being secret forums, I suppose thats true as well. The mods have a forum that is limited to them. The supers have forums that only they can see and the staff have forums just for themselves as well. Thats just a part of running the board and really isn't that secret. The main rule there is what is discussed there, stays there. Not even I would break that rule, then, now or ever.

I hope this clears things up a bit.

wupy

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by mrwupy

That was comprehensive and informative. Thanks

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Well, all I can say is that Ive noticed a handful of people who's whole purpose on this site seems to be to try and discredit people and start arguments. The same names keep popping up in all kinds of threads. Its not difficult to recognize them since they are here so much.

I just find it interesting that some people on this board are spending all this time here without showing any interest in any alternative theories.

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Copernicus

Thats very true and very noticeable. A few months ago I did an experiment and followed the behaviour of such a poster. What I noticed is that everytime "topic X" came up somewhere, he was RIGHT THERE, within minutes, debunking it.

Now that wouldnt be too amazing, but the strange thing was is that is the ONLY thing he did. He did not open threads. He did not participate in other topics. He did not participate in discussion. Is sole purpose was to debunk "topic X".

Lets be respectful enough not to name names here, but that sort of behaviour IS observable ocassionally. And mysterious it is.

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I know you guys are out there. Come forward with more evidence

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Copernicus

I've noticed two names that pop up simultaneously in regards to anything related "Iran." Also, it's easy to spot the losers who rely on themselves for comprehensive "feedback" and edification. I've seen a lot of the latter on anything regarding ufology. But, hey... Loose lips sink ships. I like ruining the spirit of not only one person but also his/her alter ego in one fell swoop.

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by hinky
A few nights ago, I found a forum I never saw before. I was tired and it was late. I hit the board button to see if a new forum had been listed but it wasn't there. I hit the back button and the 404 page came up.

I know what I saw. There are hidden forums on this site, but not for the admin type usage. Even this place ...

That's too funny. Kinda like getting trapped in a forum worm hole. Did you record the exact time and place it happened. Maybe we can all experience it

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Sky, myself and a few others have discussed your ideas a while back. I am sure many people have pondered it. Never would have thought I would see it get posted and live, lol.

There are all sorts of small groups who talk behind the scenes and coordinate their posts on certain subjects. I do not subscribe that this is always due to some nefarious plans or anything. Sometimes it is nothing more than sharing information that comes up later in a thread, or pursuing discussion on an off-topic idea that got brought into a thread. Other times it is probably to discuss a response or a planned response. I once U2U'd a reply to a trusted friend to see if I was off kilter a bit in my assessment of the thread before posting it. I got good advice, changed my reply a bit and posted it. Does that make me part of a special interest group? I don't know. But one thing is for certain, there are some serious special interest groups on ATS, who push their agenda through willingly nefarious actions.

I am sure there are certain members and cliques that are in favor with the mods also.

Plus, every one needs to keep in mind that this place is a for-profit business.

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 09:29 PM
link   
I have seen requests for people to be paid to post on forums. I haven't checked out what the requesters are asking for in the way of posts but I would suspect it is to ramp up the post numbers on their own forums or client forums. If it is to lead threads in certain directions then one would have to believe it would be done by a more specialized or trusted group or a band of members.

Has anyone investigated these posters for hire requests?

Given to level of forum that ATS is, it most likely draws every type of posting activity know to the internet.

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Wow; I think about this sometimes.

Who is disinfo? Is this disinfo? Do they want me to wonder if this is disinfo? Do they want me to wonder if my confusion is in their best interest? Or if I do that would it only be disinfo-

Wait... I'm missing the point...

Or am I?

...?

Don't forget the big picture.

Nyorai

[edit on 28/10/2007 by Nyorai]

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Hmm... are they on to me???

Im sorry, thats how i had to start this. Some of the ideas that you put forth aren't so crazy, like people responding to thier own threads, others, are kinda out there. Like, the mods giving points to people to post certain things and such... but if that is the case:

Dear Mods, i would like to apply, for a small sum of 100K ATS points, i will deny that i am working for you... hahaha...

The truth is, that any any given time, there are at least 10x the number of unregistared people viewing the ATS board, then there are ATS members. One of the mods posted a while back about some of the 'stranger' IP adress that would show up on our boards, people from all sorts of goverment places, we could not tell if they were just ordinary people working within, say, the Depatment of Defence, or it was a high offical from the DoD that was looking at this site, all we knew was that someone inside the DoD was looking at the site. That much is known.

Mabye there are dis-info agents on here, i wouldn't be suprised, but the truth is, when someone comes to these boards trying to sell us garbage, we just say it stinks and move on. Thats the way these boards work, the perfect blend of free speach and free will, as long as you aren't advocating drug use, you got nothing to worry about.

As for that thing with the hidden fourms, that happen to me once, i was reading a thread, and while i was reading it it was moved to the Trash can, and so when i pressed the reply, thread not found. Got me worried for a min, but it was just the way things work here. Dave and Rabbit talked about these 'secret' fourms in one of their ATSMix Shows. There are not that secrect, expect for the one about giving out the marching orders to the pawns of the ATS board... opps... probly shouldn't have said that.

And for IP adress, i think i have accessed this site from about 10 IP adress over the years. From my parents house, a couple of my aprtments, a coupe of libries, a few nieghbors wireless connections (shhh!) and more. Nothing crazy about that is there, i wonder if there is a record of this... ill just check those non-existing secret fourms about it...

Also, to the OP, about having Cable still working, and you internet still working, but not being able to access the internet... that happens to me some times too, strange but there are some resonable explinations.

Good looking out, and keep your eyes pelled or is it peeled... i wish i could spell.

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 12:23 AM
link   
I'm just here to show my attractive Avatar, I thought she was so cute, I just had to marry her, that and to keep the "Red Menace" at bay, as all good Marines should...( is there even a red menace left anymore? ) I guess I should update my bad guy list, who is it this week anyhow, I always have trouble keeping up with the current "enemy" of the state...
Oh I see it's the "common"man of the state this week, Hmmm self hatred not sure about that one, I'm fairly new only been around a few months posting but have been reading for a couple years. I really can't say I've seen any patterns, but then I wasn't looking for them either, now I will be.................(no I didn't get paid to show my avatar...yet, but I can still have hope)

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Well, anything is possible.....as everyone knows

Ive been called (more then once) a disinfo agent.
I didnt even know what that was until someone told me in a U2U. I found that funny. Me. LMAO. I myself just accidently stumbled upon this board while looking for a picture.

As far as "hidden forums". Well, I have run private boards before (nothing like this :lol
and we (the Admin and Mods) did have private/hidden forums so we could discuss board issues (trolls, fighting, etc etc) w/out having it out in the open. I find this to be normal with ANY message board no matter what the message board is for.

Oh, and people posing as more then 1 person and even responding to their own posts. Yep....that happens on ALL message boards. LMAO. So, im sure it happens here.

As far as "government agents" posting here. Sure, why not? Its a public place, and they surf the net too
Believe it or not...they are people too and like to chat with others

And with all that said. Even little me, managed to gain a FOE.
If "he/she" only got to know me....too bad

[edit on 29-10-2007 by greeneyedleo]

KTK

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Government paid trolls seems far fetched, but when you notice patterns in certain people on the one topic all the time it makes you go hmmmmmm.

The mode of operandi always involves not 1 but 2 sometimes 3 people. One will always come of harsher than the others. Bare in mind to the posts are always full of scientific mumbo jumbo to sway folks. They also take the core of the issue and float around it while debating with another spook OT, filling the thread with poo so people lose interest in the original argument.

Watch closer and you will spot the same patterns, from the same people.

If I was their NSA bosses I would fire their arses for doing such a crap job.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join