It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secrets of ATS

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 08:06 AM
link   
"It takes one to know one"

ATS is the No.1 website on alternative/CT/UFO subjects. Its google rankings are at the very top when you type in any related subject. It is read by millions of people...probably even tens of millions. As such it has an impact on society.

In being mindful of possible secrets and behind-the-scenes stuff, it is not far-fetched to speculate on the following possibilities:

* There are cooperative posting-groups who answer to each others threads to keep them alive and push a certain subject.

* There are posters who secretly respond to their own threads under another I.D. and IP adress (something that cant be prevented as anyone can log-in from another location).

* The staff employs posters or existing members to fullfill certain tasks. While these appear as normal members to us, they have a specific directive from the staff. Examples: "Cause entertainment by posting outrageous claims". "Cause quality by posting well researched threads". "Cause hype by posting insults". "Cause civility by calming two opposing sides down". "Use the avatar of a good looking woman to attract more users".

* Spooks and government agents actively participate in order to steer disucssion in certain directions (this couldnt be prevented, could it?).

Of course this is all speculative, but the possibility is real, isnt it?

I entitled this thread "It takes one to know one" because people who think a lot about cover-ups, cabals and conspiracies (CCC) are usually the ones who would be able to pull of stunts like that themselves.

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 08:50 AM
link   
In my humble opinion you are spending to much time on ATS, which make you more and more paranoïd consistently with what i propose to call the ATS syndroma, or delusional, assymptotic, exponential feeling of being a conspiracy victim.

Some posts in this thread might help :

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Yes, I read that post you linked to already.

As I have plenty of enjoyable business to take care of online, I often have ATS opened up at the same time.

Opening threads has the purpose of exchanging ideas and exploring alternative thought-lines.

Far from paranoid delusions

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Interesting theory ya got there SF.

My point count has increased almost 10k in the last two days, all as a result of the "assignments" from my ATS keepers. So, I suppose your theory does have a bit of basis in truth.

Of course, I kid.

While I disagree with the entirety of your thread, I do think it's interesting and look forward to the discussion it creates.

Good job,
Jasn

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating

* The staff employs posters or existing members to fullfill certain tasks. While these appear as normal members to us, they have a specific directive from the staff. Examples: "Cause entertainment by posting outrageous claims". "Cause quality by posting well researched threads". "Cause hype by posting insults". "Cause civility by calming two opposing sides down". "Use the avatar of a good looking woman to attract more users".

Wow!!
How in the name of Saturn's moons do you know all this? That's a Top Secret, Eyes Only directive to the mods!! Or are you a mod masquerading as a guy (or gal) called Skyfloating?

Whatever, I'm heading for the bar. You figure all that out!

Cheers!

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by SimiusDei

you SD, are an entirely different case. you open more threads and discussions than even I can follow. something I applaud though.

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 10:01 AM
link   
A few nights ago, I found a forum I never saw before. I was tired and it was late. I hit the board button to see if a new forum had been listed but it wasn't there. I hit the back button and the 404 page came up.

I know what I saw. There are hidden forums on this site, but not for the admin type usage. Even this place ...

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 10:20 AM
link   

"It takes one to know one"

* Spooks and government agents actively participate in order to steer disucssion in certain directions (this couldnt be prevented, could it?).
Of course this is all speculative, but the possibility is real, isnt it?

I think this one is more a reality then a possibility, and absolute no one couldn’t possibly prevent it either.

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by hinky

hinky, allow an off-topic question: Everytime I see your Avatar I wonder what it is. What is it?

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by spacevisitor

What were the instances you thought someone might be a disinformer especially here to derail? I have never seen an obvious case of this, but I can imagine it happens sometimes.

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 10:32 AM
link   
None of those 'secret's had no been considered, although i thank you for pointing them out.

The internet is a fairly linear place provided you're not cracking into people's personal information - and ultimately it's actually expected for people to try and strengthen their theories or ideals by employing the abilities of others.

Special interest groups come in all shapes and sizes, my friend.

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Throbber
Special interest groups come in all shapes and sizes, my friend.

they sure do. any you are aware of at ATS?

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

I may be aware of one or two members whom are part of a special interest group, yes.

But i don't know that for sure.

A little advice; Don't worry about internet agencies working for the man or otherwise, all it will do is cause flame-wars.

If your arguement is flawless, there is nothing to worry about on the internet - we can see what you type, and we can see what the other guy is typing.

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 11:08 AM
link   

hahaha, I'm nothing if not prolific.

I blame it all on my insomnia.....especially the really really crappy threads of mine. I get into that 3rd day with no sleep and all kind of garbage comes streaming out.

People seem to enjoy discussing my garbage though, so I guess it's all good.

Your posts and threads always catch my interest, by the way. Thanks for being around.

Jasn

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 11:10 AM
link   

It's a high frequency radio facsimile used by Station JMH as a test pattern for broadcast quality of reception. This is from the Japanese National Weather Service broadcasting, from Tokyo, to maritime vessels under their jurisdiction for ocean coverage in the Pacific. I snagged this one day and use it as my avatar. Not bad at 6207 miles of open air transmission and it was confirmed.

It's not me....

Now back to the thread.

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by hinky

Nice! I always wondered what your avatar was myself, don't know why I never thought to just ask.

Silly me.

I would be lost around here without SF, SoT, AccessDenied and Steve-o to keep me in line.

Jasn

Edit to add: One of those sleepless mornings, left the "out" out of "without" which kinda ruined the whole message of the sentence.

[edit on 28-10-2007 by SimiusDei]

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 11:14 AM
link   

"Cause entertainment by posting outrageous claims".

Actually when reading that sentence 2 names immediatly came to mind

They not only cause entertainment but also threads that are very long attracting all sorts of people to ATS, this in turn boosts revenue:

More people = the chance of more Ads being viewed/clicked

They are allowed to post the most outrageous claims and get away with it where others are not.

holographic and alien visiters come to mind....

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 11:22 AM
link   
OK, now that you've pointed these things out, I'm peeved. Here I've been doing for free what others are being enlisted and probably paid money for? What an outrage!

Boy is SO and Springer gonna' hear about this.

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 11:35 AM
link   

reply to post by spacevisitor

What were the instances you thought someone might be a disinformer especially here to derail? I have never seen an obvious case of this, but I can imagine it happens sometimes.

Well, in my opinion is this the first one, www.abovetopsecret.com... I get the idea of a disinformer.
9/11: A Boeing 757 Struck the Pentagon

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by spacevisitor
Well, in my opinion is this the first one, www.abovetopsecret.com... I get the idea of a disinformer.

Thats interesting. I dont want this thread to be about flame wars and accusing people, just gentle speculation and inquisitive chit chat.

The first thing I saw when opening that thread was an incredibly well researched, documented and put together opening post. Someone spent a lot of time there. And I thought "Well, thats not a government official, its just a good researcher"

But then...

but then...

then I looked at what other threads the guy opened and somehow they all relate to supporting the Bush administrations point of view...not even the Republican-side but specifically the Bush administration.

Interesting. We can only wonder.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join