It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats with working weekends???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 05:13 AM
link   
I can say there is everything wrong with it!!

The pay is better but working on both days of the weekend just flips me out. It stuffs my whole routine up!

There should be a law against it!!

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 05:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Thurisaz

i work both days
since i am a student

and pay isnt any better compared to what people get paid next door to us (20%+ more) and up to 80% more on sundays

if people dont want to work on sundays they should do what others do and just be contracted for Mon-Fri

[edit on 28-10-2007 by bodrul]

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 05:54 AM
link   
i used to enjoy having to work on saturdays but thats just cause i could pull a monday off.
i was the only one at the shop that got a two day weekend. i just chilled on monday.

one of my last jobs, oddly enough i was working late and i was just in a mood and i was on the forklift.i decided i wanted coffee so i drove the forklift about 2 blocks to the store to get a coffee.
when i got back i was told to go home.

thats the last weekend i worked.

i didn't do it to get fired but it went pretty well

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Actually I think working on the weekend day(s) might actually be better, as long as you get the equal number of weekdays off. If you've got the weekday(s) off, it's far easier to run errands and stuff since everything is open. Plus leisurely areas are usually better since less people are using them.

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 11:16 AM
link   
You wouldn't believe the hours some people work over here. Most people in Hong Kong do 6 days it's crazy stuff and there isn't even a minimum wage.

I like having time off during the week, I can walk through a shopping center without wanting to start picking people up and throwing them!

MonKey

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Some places have to have people work the week ends. Personally I like having my days off during the week. I can make appointments for when it's convenient for me and when I go shopping I don't have to contend with a bunch of people.

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 03:31 PM
link   
i work monday through friday now but i used to work on a random schedule.. it always seemed like i was getting the weekend shifts

at first it bugged me, working weekend nights, but then i grew on me and i started asking for people to switch with me if they were working weekends and i wasn't

i liked being off on the weekdays for reasons like ChiKey mentioned

also having the house to myself is nice..:w:

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 10:59 PM
link   
actually there is laws against it. in most states

That being the one in 7 law, you can only work 6 days out of one week (except in the dairy industry)

Problem is labor laws in the united states are so weak right now for workers that companies can pretty much do whatever they want... even against unions

where I work we have a mandatory signup for two weekends a month and a week ago I had to work 19 days straight. Ended up clocking in 40 hours of overtime over a 2 week pay period

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 11:48 PM
link   
I put in 22 hours on Saturdays and Sundays alone! I hate it.
Not to mention the rest of the week:bnghd:

I was meant to be rich, i dont know who has my money, though

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
I was meant to be rich, i dont know who has my money, though

You too! We really need to track these people down. I mean, when I lived in Seattle, I saw Bill Gates go by, and I was like, "That's MY CAR!!!!"

Personally, I like working weekends, because I just got off of work maybe 30 minutes ago, and I now have Mon-Wed to spend that money in empty malls while you all are at work!

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Boondock78
i decided i wanted coffee so i drove the forklift about 2 blocks to the store to get a coffee.
when i got back i was told to go home.

thats the last weekend i worked.

thats funny. If I want a coffee I just go into the tea room... unless I want a cuppachino, then I would have to go out for that, but no forklifts where I work. bugga!

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by djohnsto77

I generally only work Saturdays but extra workload so Sunday is thrown in. The money is good but nearly killed me getting up early on a Sunday.

I will have Wednesday & Thursday off so can at least go out and do things while the shops are open. So yes, there is always an upside to it!!

Just couldn't think of one first thing on Sunday morning lol

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 09:45 AM
link   
I had a great job for 11 years that I'd work Monday & Tuesday 12 -14 hour shifts, then the same on Thursday & Friday.

Having the weekends off was fantastic, but having the Wednesday off was a bonus because I could do any business, make doctor or dental appointments, etc... All without interfering with my work schedule.

posted on Oct, 30 2007 @ 03:17 AM
link   
As Loverboy once said "Everybody's workin' for the weekend."

And thats when I usually work as well.
I am an assistant chef at a country club and we usually get weddings on fridays and saturdays.

top topics

join