It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wow, has anyone ever seen these?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Is this video on another site that doesn't require the DivX plug-in? For some reason my Flock doesn't want to let this plug-in install.

Can't see the video.

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 09:00 AM
link   
The picture that Crighton posted was Laguna Salinas. This is what I found on a site about flamingos:

"In southern Peru, Laguna de Salinas hosts several colonies of Andean, James and Chilean flamingos. But even though the lake has been part of a nature reserve for more than 20 years, the level of protection leaves much to be desired. A foreign company uses heavy machinery to drain the lake and mine borates, fragmenting the habitat with roads. Local people obtain salt by creating drying plots, reducing the lake's coverage; collect eggs from inflated inner tubes; and use flamingos for target practice during the hunting season. Refuse from nearby hamlets washes into the lake during the rainy season."

Like someone already said in this thread, the structures are the result of salt mining.

This is the site:

www.nwf.org...

It's the 7th paragraph from the bottom of the page.

[edit on 29-10-2007 by enigmania]

[edit on 29-10-2007 by enigmania]

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Impreza

These are crappy google images of water. not cities.

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 11:17 PM
link   
I was reading an Arthur Clarke short story about the visual language of the giant squid recently. The story went that a large underwater thermoelectric generator had been partially destroyed, so on and so on, at the end it's revealed to be a giant squid.

Anyways, Clarke described the generator as a series of pipes laid out on the sea-floor in rectangular patterns. There's plenty of documentation on some type of this technology, such as can be found here and here.

As far as I know no system of this type has been implemented on the scale seen in the (non-pixelated) Google pictures, so yeah, it probably is just a salt extraction system or something.

But hey, the synchronicity was interesting at the time.

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 01:37 AM
link   
i saw the same thing under the water of a bay in the Carribean but cant find it now - i think it was on the north coast of one of the islands.

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I believe those are just artifacts from jpeg/mpeg compression of raw images. I think if you went to the uncompressed sources you wouldn't see those things there.

They are just digital artifacts that show up whenever you have very slight gradations of color/brightness in an image.

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Not to say that there's nothing under the water in these shots, but I would suggest that it might be difficult to see with most of the imaging available on Google Earth, particularly in remote areas that have not had extensive aerial photography. Google Earth imagery is a compilation of sat images and a variety of available aerial images which typically result in a mosaic (as opposed to true pixelation) of images. In fact, most high altitude aerial photogrametric mapping clearly shows a mosaic pattern, but it may be more easily noticed in larger areas consisting of plain coloration as in open fields or over water. With all of these imaging techniques combined, there is a definite patchwork of images, all of which are of varying resolutions, some may be original digital images, others originally from film that has been digitized.

Again, this is not to say that there won't be some interesting things to see, and indeed there have been a lot of examples of impressive finds to be sure.

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by enigmania

a salt lake-----like lake titicaca near tiahuanaco a pre-colombian city on a plateau up in the andes mountains having salt beds and a chemical composition the same as the ocean far below.the president of the royal geographical society---leonard darwin 1910 surmised the only way both could now be where they are at was that the andes rose up from sea level taking them with the mountain.the city of tiahuanaco now is 12,500 feet above sea level .exertion up there can cause altitude sickness and heart attacks.to build a city up there using stones weighing 100 and 200 tons each at that height is impossible for human beings.

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 04:27 PM
link   
here we go again, 100 year old information and assumptions based on it

does this place get any better ?

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Impreza

if you google it again zoom out.
you'll notice what looks like a volcano to the right. there you'll see a nasa symbol over the top and you can see what looks like a huge cave entrance on the side facing the lake. you can still see the so called pixels amazing that there still there after zooming out. it could be a secret test facillity otherwise why would nasa have a block on a mountain top in ecuador?

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join