It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Charitable vet makes strides, inspires others.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Charitable vet makes strides, inspires others.

www.msnbc.msn.com

Called back to active duty in the U.S. Army after 12 years, Deierlein served as an officer in Iraq — even though he didn’t have to serve at all. His obligation to the military actually had ended years before the Army called him up and threatened him with jail time if he failed to report for duty. While in Iraq, he started a charity to help Baghdad’s neediest children. He also was shot by a sniper and left with injuries that will affect him for the rest of his life.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.msnbc.msn.com
www.msnbc.msn.com

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 09:29 PM
link   
I wanted to share this with ATS because I think it’s fair to show the good our soldiers are doing in trying to make a solid difference in Iraq. Tom Deierlein was an advertising Exec and gave it up to serve. This man was done with his hitch and what the military did in getting him back made me angry, but the guy took the high road and went back in as an officer. What he has done since makes me even more proud to have also served in the US Army. He was wounded as well but his spirit has gotten stronger. The third link is about his being hit at the hands of a sniper. My hats off to this man!

Also check out the many links for the “Charity Begins at War” series" MSNBC did. It is very inspirational and shows that our soldiers are far from the monsters many make them out to be.

I did search for this topic but didn’t see it had been posted.

Thank you

www.msnbc.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Very honorable of him to do what he did, one of the things that we forget when "at war" is the repercussions that will have on the Innocent, that never asked to be caught in the middle, the children.

I have been reading on reports from the The UN Assistance Mission for Iraq (UNAMI), Iraq poor quality conditions and lack of basic needs is creating the proliferation of diseases that has been eradicated in the US but is devastating the children population in Iraq.

www.uniraq.org...

We need more people like him to help, the children are the ones that holds the future of the Iraqi nation but their sustenance and lives are in jeopardy.

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Marg, lol I guess we are the only ones who like this kind of good publicity for our soldiers and for humanity in general.

Take care

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Thanks Geemony, This is a good thread. I like to see the positive aspects to the quagmire over there. It refreshes my sense of pride in humanity!

Cuhail

top topics

join