It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do I have headaches every morning for all day, when I wake up?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 06:26 PM
link   
The past few weeks now, I have been having headaches as soon as I wake up, and they last all day, until I take some Tylenol or something.

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 01:49 AM
link   
I dont know what to tell you.

It could be anything, you didn't give much background.

How about your age, height, weight, sex, any medical conditions you know of, any changes in medication you've made recently, any changes in diet you've made recently, etc. Oh yes, has your sleeping pattern changed? that can do it too.

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Of course I'd have to ask you a bunch of questions - medication changes, diet changes etc...

But try taking a good cal/mag/zink supliment. (If your craving chocolate more than usual, it's the magnesium (sp) that your missing causing the headaches (restriction of blood flow).

Most headaches are caused by stress and tention... another portion caused by the dialation of blood blood vessles = increase blood flow.

Alos, rebound headache are horrible. If you've been taking asperin, tylonal or any other pain relievers for something (even your headaches) it can make them worse/give you a headache.

If it isn't a rebound headach from pain killers of any kind, then the best way to get rid of a headache is a asperin/tylonal mix taken WITH caffine. If you have a perscription pain kiler, call the pharmasist and ask him if it's asperin or tylonal based and take it, then 2 hours later take the opossite of it's base.

Ex, say you have vicodine. It's a tylonal based drug. You would take your vicodine at noon. At 2 you would take asprin, then at 4 the vicodin again ect. Always take with caffine.

If no perscription meds - take 1 tylonal and 1 asperin WITH caffine every 2 hours. (REMEMBER - NEVER NEBVER NEVER take more than 200 mg of tylonal in a 24 hour period.) The goal is to get rid of the headach as quickly and effectively as possible and stop taking the meds. As soon as you take the meds, go to bed - sleeping lets you rest the mucles and let the blood begin to flow again.

Also - for females or males donating blood. When you loose too much blood in a short period of time, it can cause a horrible headache. Drink OJ and water - lots of it to creat more valume in the veins.

If the pain continues, see the doctor. (of course if you had other symptoms you would have told us right?)

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Im 20 years old, male, 6'1, 230lbs. Why take Tylenol mixed with aspirin with caffeine? And I eat alot of sweets, if you will call them that.

[edit on 28-10-2007 by jca2005]

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by jca2005
Im 20 years old, male, 6'1, 230lbs. Why take Tylenol mixed with aspirin with caffeine? And I eat alot of sweets, if you will call them that.

[edit on 28-10-2007 by jca2005]

Tylonal AND asperin - the combo are best for headach relief (vrs. just one or the other). And always take a pain med with cafine. The cafien makes the pain reliever more effective. As a matter of fact, I think the special pain relievers on the market just for headaches now contain the asperin/tylonal/cafine mix.

If you crave chocolate in particular it often means you are low in maganesium (sp). Some migrain sufferes can just take magnesium and not have near as many headaches. The headaches are a symptom of being too low in the mineral.

You strain your neck or back recently?
I assume you don't have high blood presure.

I had a hedache that wouldn't quit the other day... (having suffered with migrains off and on for years, I do all I can do to prevent.)
Anyway - I knew it was a stress/neck strain type thing... not that 'relaxing' did a bit of good. Nor did a 10mg valume. So... I did a little self hypnosis and poof - gone like magic.

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 12:44 PM
link   
do you have a good pillow with proper head support?
if not, that'll do it...
when you lay your head on the pillow, you kinda want you spine/neck to be in a straight line. most pillows are soft so you don't get that.

a couple weeks ago, my wife went and bought what i call the 'toilet seat'.

it's a neck support thing made of memory foam. put that dude around your neck and it keeps that line straight. i have not woke up with a headache since i started using it.
was like $5 at walgreens.

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I'm a totall moron on this subject because I never get headaches. ~knock on wood~

I thought of something. Somepeople get chronic migraine because their spine is bunched up at the base of the skull. Rotate your head alot and make sure your neck is not all tight. If you can pop your kneck without to much pulling, go for it. The headache might be from the tension in the upper neck area. Hence, needing a good pillow!

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Thanks guys. The pillow thing might be it. I do not have migraines, nor high blood pressure.

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 03:24 AM
link   
If you take a lot of caffiene it'll cause headaches. Its a withdrawal symptom, which would explain why they hit you in the morning. Besides that I'll tell you the same thing I tell anyone with just about any medical condition; Eat right and exercise regularly (especially running) and you'll more than likley be cured. Something like 90% of medical conditions presented could be relieved by these two simple steps. I know, I know, it seems like a pretty "duh" thing, but take a minute to think about your daily diet and routine. If it's not good, make it better...

join