It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why crush down the towers?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Rigel

An excellent point.

However we won't draw similarities between George bush and hitler - other people have already done so.,

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by snoopy

This claim is based on one person out of the 10s of thousands of people who all would have been effected by this. One single person. And his claims are refuted by others who saw the lights on that night during the time he claims half a building was powered down. People still have their receipts from their trips to the observation deck that day as well, which also proves the guys claims of a power outage to be untrue. And again, there is no record of any of this except one single persons claim which he cannot back up with any kind of documentation and he can't in any way verify covered anything more than his floor. He even claims his co-workers can back up his claim, yet they don't.

This of course ignoring the fact that powering down one half of one building doesn't explain being able to wire the other building for explosives, and the many other absurdities that would be involved in this claim.

No, he interviews demolition experts with photos of the foundations beams "cut" in half on a 45 degree angle. You can find these photos on google of god sake.

www.piratenews.org...
Look at the beam right behind the firefighter, it's been melted, how did it melt, steal is NOT going to melt from buring debris, it's not hot enough, something melted that beam. C4 explodes at heat that surpasses the tolerance of steel.

www.september11news.com...
Look carefully at the angle of that beam.

www.piratenews.org...
More beams.

Demolitions at a 45 happen so the building can shift itself in a specific direction so the entire structure falls gracefully into a somewhat neat little pile.
www.attivissimo.net...

Yes of course debris will fly around, but the WTC were massive, they fell a little too well into the basement.

[edit on 28-10-2007 by Tomis_Nexis]

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 03:58 PM
link   
C-4? Wireless detonation? And all accomplished in 2 days? I guess if you really want your idea to be true, you can find any straw to grasp at and state it as fact. But allowing just 2 days to prep and set 2 of the worlds largest buildings for demolition is really stretching the limits of feasability. Even if the charges were C-4, the amounts needed would be staggering... You dont just secretly plant a play-do sized ball of C-4 in the corner and stick an antennae into it like in the movies. It would take many, many days just to distribute the explosives, be it TNT, C-4, whatever. And then you'd have to set and prime it, in mechanically weakened structurally critical locations, which would also take days and days...After you've prepped the structure. Wireless detonation would be quite a feat, also... especially with all the cell phone, radio and microwave transmissions that are a constant for everyday business in NYC. Quite a bit of interference there. As far as the $$$$$ paid for keeping a crew of demo guys quiet, I'm sure that a person could make a pretty profit by going public, too, if they were in it for money. And really, for what gain would all this convoluted plan be for? To go to war. Well, if that was the case, why not use nuc's and REALLY show the world whose their daddy? The whole idea of our government being cunning, organized and together enough to pull this off AND keep it secret is silly. The military/industrial complex can't manage to get rid of a two-bit dictator 80 miles off of our shore line (they tried) yet they can organize and synchronize, with terrorist hijackers, a secret attack on us, on our own soil, just so thay can go to war with Afganistan, and then Iraq. Does that make any kind os sense? The white house coudn't even manage to plant bugs in the watergate hotel without getting caught. Think about it! Stop with the nonsense.

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by jmsbois

Stop with this nonsence? Exactly, stop thinking your gov't is the innocent one. I've come to realize that the West has the same mentality as the East "it can't be us, it must be them because they are different."

Yeah, stop with this childish nonsense and grow up.

Amusing how the West accepts that other gov'ts around the world may or did genocide in there repective countries (not all countries but you know what I mean), but of course that can't happen in our home soil, because we're Americans. Nobody ever expects something like this to happen in there homelands. You think Iraqi's expect America to actually help them? Where's the help? America is known for winning wars and completely destroying a country, followed by cutting and running...kind of like you did to the Afgans and there battle with the Soviets.

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Look at the beam right behind the firefighter, it's been melted, how did it melt, steal is NOT going to melt from buring debris, it's not hot enough, something melted that beam. C4 explodes at heat that surpasses the tolerance of steel.

You are stupid or being dishonest - from the clothing worn by firemen
the picture was taken months after 9/11 when the remains of the
building was being dismantled. The steel columns were cut be torches
prior to removal by a crane. The firemen are there to spot for any
human remains as debris is removed.

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by thedman
You are stupid or being dishonest - from the clothing worn by firemen
the picture was taken months after 9/11 when the remains of the
building was being dismantled. The steel columns were cut be torches
prior to removal by a crane. The firemen are there to spot for any
human remains as debris is removed.

Now you're calling me stupid? I'm pretty sure you can't insult here. So I'll wait for an apology. Anyway Show me the proof to your allegations.

Americans, so patriotic they're blind.

Edit, well most Americans, there are intellects, just most of them aren't on this topic.

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Do you find it interesting that Israel warned America about the attacks? Or that Israel notified there establishments within the WTC to stay home on 9/11. Silverstein, what are the orgins of that name I ask you?

Umm, no, Israel did not warn anyone to stay home on that day. You are referring to the myth that 4,000 Israelis stayed home that day. Facts are, the Israeli foreign ministry had received phone calls from Israeli families stating that there were 4,000 of their family members in the area of New York City and Washington DC that they had not heard from on 9/11/01. Of course, over the next several days those families did hear from their loved ones. It wasnt 4,000 Israelis that worked in the towers....

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swampfox46_1999

Do you find it interesting that Israel warned America about the attacks? Or that Israel notified there establishments within the WTC to stay home on 9/11. Silverstein, what are the orgins of that name I ask you?

Umm, no, Israel did not warn anyone to stay home on that day. You are referring to the myth that 4,000 Israelis stayed home that day. Facts are, the Israeli foreign ministry had received phone calls from Israeli families stating that there were 4,000 of their family members in the area of New York City and Washington DC that they had not heard from on 9/11/01. Of course, over the next several days those families did hear from their loved ones. It wasnt 4,000 Israelis that worked in the towers....

Thanks for that. Do you know who/how that myth was created? And why? Or was just miscommunication?

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 04:56 PM
link   

America is known for winning wars and completely destroying a country, followed by cutting and running...kind of like you did to the Afgans and there battle with the Soviets.

Oh really? Try doing some research on the Marshall Plan.

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Thanks for that. Do you know who/how that myth was created? And why? Or was just miscommunication?

Why was it created? Makes for better radio ratings and book sales to people too lazy to verify things for themselves. There was no miscommunication, just a flat out misrepresentation of the facts....common among conspiracy theorists.

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 04:59 PM
link   
You can check this out too...

www.cooperativeresearch.org.../11=israel

A very nice timeline of the events up to 9/11. I didn't realize Israel did what was stated here.

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swampfox46_1999

Why was it created? Makes for better radio ratings and book sales to people too lazy to verify things for themselves. There was no miscommunication, just a flat out misrepresentation of the facts....common among conspiracy theorists.

I'll take that in a negative. I see it.

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Can you be a bit more specific about what Israel did? Because just on the first two pages I found several....misleading statements.

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Now you're calling me stupid? I'm pretty sure you can't insult here. So I'll wait for an apology. Anyway Show me the proof to your allegations.

Maybe didn't notice the date code on one of the pictures - March 24
which puts it 6 months after 9/11! Also the scene is the basement of
the WTC aftwer most of the debris has already been removed.

Below is link (from Italian site which was posted on ABOVE TOP SECRET)
showing workers cut steel at site and the many diagonal sliced columns
resulting from the cleanup work .

undicisettembre.blogspot.com... cut-through-steel.html

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I haven't posted on the site even though I've been snooping around for awhile (cool site by the way!).

I have a possible theory about WTC's too "clean" of a collapse.

What if there were a secret "building code" of sorts that required buildings in close proximity to other large buildings, such as in many urban areas, to be pre-wired for emergency demolition in the case of an out-of-control fire or terrorist act to prevent a leaning fall or domino effect.

The owners would want it secret.

(I ,for one, wouldn't want to go into a structure that I knew had a self-destruct button, even if there were a two key system or what-ever failsafe).

It would be necessary to mitigate damage to the rest of the urban area.

It would have to remain a secret to prevent panic of occupants in other similar situations.

Maybe when they saw that the towers were going to fall eventually anyway
they dropped them in order to prevent the destruction of 110 floors in whatever direction they fell in.

Sure the theory needs tweaking......opinions?

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I did not read through the entire thread. I'm just too lazy today so this may have been touched on and if so, my apologies.

As far as the people, you had to have a high body count to get the emotional response from the citizens. That emotional response is why the war ever started. There were VERY FEW opposed to war after 9/11. We wanted revenge.

Why the towers? First off, the towers were losing money. There was PLENTY of office space that had not been rented out. The WTC Towers were built from 1968 to 1972. A mixture of asbestos and cement was sprayed on as fireproofing material. But this was banned by the New York City Council in 1971. This caused them to stop the spraying, but not before hundreds of tons of the material had already been applied. The cost to remove the asbestos from the WTC towers could have run into the billions.

Larry Silverstein invested 14 million of his own money to purchase the towers in Jan of 2001 (which is the first time in history that the WTC complex became privately owned.) He reworked the insurance to include terrorist attacks and his policy included provisions that would allow him to rebuild the complex. After the towers fell, Larry Silverstein battled the insurance companies in court claiming that each plane that hit the towers constituted 2 separate terrorist attacks, therefor he should get twice as much money from the insurance policies. He won that case, in the end he made over 8 billion on a 14 million dollar investment. With the towers down, what is the cost of asbestos removal? Zero. That asbestos turned to powder along with the cement in that building and he can now rebuild the entire complex.

Pretty interesting set of "coincidences" don't you think?

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Why the towers? First off, the towers were losing money. There was PLENTY of office space that had not been rented out.

Oh really?

As Real Estate Director, a position Mrs. Nanninga has held since 1996, the occupancy rate at the trade center has risen from 78 percent to a healthy 98 percent, retail soared in the trade center's mall, and available office space in the Newark Legal Center has nearly been filled. Today, only about 250,000 of the 10.4 million square feet of office space in the trade center remains vacant. And the legal center has an occupancy rate of over 99 percent. "The challenge to me and the staff of the World Trade Center was to improve the service we provide to tenants, and to bolster our reputation in the marketplace," Mrs. Nanninga said. "We've been told by our tenants and the real estate industry that we have really turned this place around, and we are starting to believe it. But we continue to be very focused on our tenants' needs." Sales at the trade center's retail mall also have risen dramatically. In 1996, the mall's retail establishments averaged approximately $500 per square foot. Today, sales have doubled, and are expected to reach $900 per square foot by the end of this year, which is expected to make the trade center mall the third most profitable in the country. And major national retailers, such as Banana Republic, Coach and Godiva have opened stores in the trade center mall to cater to a daily audience of 40,000 employees and thousands of visitors. Many of these retailers indicate that their trade center stores are among their top sales producers in the country....

www.panynj.gov...

About 98% occupancy? Doesnt seem too empty to me......

He reworked the insurance to include terrorist attacks and his policy included provisions that would allow him to rebuild the complex.

So explain why insurers paid out 510 million after the 1993 bombing?

As a side note, Silverstein tried to get by with a lot less insurance coverage

In its court papers, Swiss Re shows how Silverstein first tried to buy just $1.5 billion in property damage and business-interruption coverage. When his lenders objected, he discussed buying a $5 billion policy. Ultimately, he settled on the $3.5 billion figure, which was less than the likely cost of rebuilding.

www.forbes.com...

Horrible when the facts come out isnt it?

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tomis_Nexis

No, he interviews demolition experts with photos of the foundations beams "cut" in half on a 45 degree angle. You can find these photos on google of god sake.

www.piratenews.org...

www.september11news.com...
Look carefully at the angle of that beam.

www.piratenews.org...
More beams.

Demolitions at a 45 happen so the building can shift itself in a specific direction so the entire structure falls gracefully into a somewhat neat little pile.
www.attivissimo.net...

Yes of course debris will fly around, but the WTC were massive, they fell a little too well into the basement.

No, those are welding marks on that beam, and it's cut at an angle so they can dictate which way it will fall rather than cut it straight and hope no one gets hit. This is very VERY common stuff, and very obvious. That's also not a firefighter, it's one of the clean up crewmen. They were there cutting beams.

It's this kind of nonsense that makes me mad because it goes beyond simple misunderstandings and becomes outright deception. Maybe not from you, but definitely from the tabloids you get this stuff from who have the resources to actuall research this correctly.

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 06:17 PM
link   
The more "Unthinkable' an action (word) is the more it is considered in , the more gutteral the response to it- stunned, amazed. Natural reaction to sudden shocks- fight or flight. So who'd a guessed we'd want to fight? Then we attempt to find a logical explanation- anything will do. Once that's resolved we can get back to our ordinary lives- ignoring the nagging unanswered questions.
Frankly I'm not convinced about the Bushco setting up 9/11- but lots of compelling circumstances to suggest it's at least possible. Regardless- Pin it on them anyway when the Charges of War Crimes and Treason are finally allowed to be levied against them. this Congress are not just enablers, they are co- conspirators. Could this be the thoughts the new bill is supposed to silence. The ones relating to our Constitutional Rights- well bring it on.
I encourage all to write the UN and ask them to charge the 'Architects' with War Crimes. Also request an envoy to monitor our '08 elections. It is quite apparent these fiends agenda has nothing to do with the protection of our Country and our laws, rights and freedoms.
Candidates who never brooch the subject, and dismiss the idea, are accomplices. Whether 9/11 was a gov't plot or not- our Gov't has been running amuck for over 35 yrs. Just about the time DICK, Rummy & Wolfie jumped in - Nixonites. this long black train has been rolling for many years, it's just picked up speed in the last 7. But I fear it hasa ways down track to the hell it is destine for. Ever heard that old urban legend about putting a peeny on the tracks causing derailment. May be it refers to the figurative as opposed to the literal. We need a good penny.

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Swampfox46_1999

umm yes really. From what I read on the source you provided, they are discussing the ENTIRE COMPLEX not the Twin Towers alone. The Twin Towers had plenty of available space available.

Most reports list occupancy by buildings 1,2,3,4,5,6,7, as well as the Mall. By what I understand buildings 3,4,5,6,7 and the mall were full. Towers 1 and 2 had the most available space as well as the higher rent. Most reports I have read indicate that plenty of people in 2001 were beginning to move towards downtown office space because it was much cheaper compared to lower Manhattan.

I had planned on linking everything, but to be honest it was becoming a hassle trying to filter out all the other stuff about the Towers you get from a Google search. I just don't have 4 hours to kill trying to find it. I am in the middle of moving, just on a "break" at the moment

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join