It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video of Crop Circle Actually Being Made!?!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 05:31 PM
link   
This is a video I came across by a 21 year old college student named Patrick Wilson.

www.patrickwilson.com...
Video:
www.patrickwilson.com...
(if somebody can embed the video, I would greatly appreciate it)

Upon doing some further research, this is some information I found about the video above:

-- Jim Dilettoso, president of a state-of-the-art lab and supercomputer network designer with 20 years' experience in his field, confirmed on the Sightings television program and in several phone calls I had with him that he is confident a computer was not used. See my article on The CropCircle Connector for Jim's credentials and details of his findings. www.marque.demon.co.uk...
-- Laurel Click, special effects 'expert', said on the "Strange Universe" television program that she found nothing to suggest fraud. If it's a hoax, she said, it would have taken very sophisticated equipment, much money, and a large team of professionals a long time to produce.
-- Ralph McCarron, who creates special effects for a major California lab, stated on a "Strange Universe" update that after his freeze-frame studies and enhanced image analyses, he's convinced that it's actual footage. He noted that there was consistent camera-shake throughout the sequence, and that clinched it for him.
-- Jim Stevenson is employed by Jim Henson (of Muppets fame) workshops, Hollywood special effects producers. They were impressed by the 'authentic feel' of the footage. Jim, too, said that if it's hoaxed, it took a lot of sophisticated equipment, money, and time to create.
-- Patrick Wilson is a musician, and amateur computer/video operator. He enlarged the frames and carefully examined the Balls of Light (BOLs). He made a fascinating discovery [about the unusual shape of the BOLs under magnification], and shares his findings on his website: www.mistral.co.uk...

In the United Kingdom, the following people also found that the tape is 'clean':

-- Professor of Electronics Philip Gurr & P. Head, of Exeter University's video and television department, went 'on the record' and stated that they would be unable to fake the sequence even with their advanced equipment. They found no evidence to suggest that the tape had been tampered with. In their opinion, only the 'Avid' digital editing suites would be capable of such a product.

Check out the video and tell me what you think. I think it's an extremely interesting video to say the least.

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 05:44 PM
link   
It's a controversial video. Read this to understand why some believe it's a hoax.

www.cropcirclesecrets.org...

Only two things are clear; nobody agrees on anything and nothing is conclusive. Those who are convinced it is real look for conformation of their belief, as do those who feel it is a hoax. CCCS- USA coordinator, ilyes, has produced a report which states that of the three experts known to her who have viewed the video, none can find any evidence of tampering. On the other hand two of the experts we have been in touch with disagree. Until the original video surfaces, there is no definitive answer. Several people have been bothered that the video is on single frames while all standard video is shot onto film with two frames (this is why the video on the TV monitor flickers when you freeze frame, because you see the two frames). Mr. Huckvale identified two manufacturing errors: in the final stages of the crop circle construction sequence the shadow around the wall of the central circle drops in very late (I have to say that this troubled me also); also, he claims that just as the first two UFO spheres move into frame there are two frames where the spheres have not been dragged by the computer operator in the correct sequence, but were left on the bottom right of the screen. The NASA contractor was bothered by the sound track. In analyzing the sound, the wind had definite spikes which may indicate that the camera was being turned on and off. On the positive side, the camera was hand held and the "camera shake" remained consistent throughout.

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Jadette

Hey Jadette, thx for the opposing view. I must've missed this website when I was out looking.

It seems that yes, it is very controversial with experts being on both sides.

Thanks again.

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 06:34 PM
link   
I have to admit it's a very impressive video. Even those with their doubts are only saying 'doubts' not that they are discounting it.

I honestly don't know what to think. It somehow feels too manufactured. But then again, why should blurry, poorly filmed UFO videos seem more validated?

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigbert81
(if somebody can embed the video, I would greatly appreciate it)

The video is on Google video at this link.

I'll try embedding the video below:

Google Video Link

Originally posted by bigbert81
This is a video I came across by a 21 year old college student named Patrick Wilson.

The video is NOT "by a 21 year old college student named Patrick Wilson" - it is simply on his website.

I'll post below some of the details of this video from my database of infamous UFO videos:

The video at the link you gave is commonly referred to as the "Oliver’s Castle" video, which is one of the videos that crops [no pun intended] up on ATS, Youtube, Google Videos etc etc on a regular basis.

The video is generally (but not quite universally) regarded as a hoax by John Wabe of Bristol, England.

The relevant crop circle formation was found at Oliver's Castle, near Devizes, England on the morning of 11th August 1996.

A video was shown to various individuals at The Barge Inn late in the evening of 11th August 1996 by an individual introducing himself as "John Weyleigh". (Some of those involved claim the video they were shown was different from that subsequently shown on TV and now available on the Internet).

The video shown on TV was given by “John” to Colin Andrews at a meeting on 17th August 1996.

Colin Andrews has written about his investigation of the video (which included hiring a private detective) as well as referring to a filmed confession by John Wabe.

Given the key words of "John Wabe" and "Oliver's Castle", you should find plenty of views about this video on the Internet, including the material at the link below:
www.rense.com...

For a (very) detailed account of the background to the video, see also:
www.lovely.clara.net...

Relevant threads on ATS (roughly in order of interest) include the following:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Kind Regards,

Isaac Koi

[edit on 28-10-2007 by IsaacKoi]

new topics