It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What crashed at Roswell? Please explain your answer.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Alright, now I know there's *other* Roswell threads out there. Nevertheless, it's been awhile since we've talked about Roswell, and usually we just focus on a detail about the incident, not about the whole thing. And before you jump on me with "why don't you do your research!?!" or whatever, just remember that Roswell has sparked a lot of debate. Just about everyone agrees that SOMETHING crashed at Roswell, but just what that something was is the subject of intense controversy. Was it Project Mogul? How about an ET craft? How about a flying saucer reverse engineered from Nazi technology which was, in turn, reverse engineered from a flying saucer made by inhabitants of the Inner Earth? How about something even weirder that I haven't even thought of or heard of yet?

Well, this is your chance to make your case and debate the various theories out there. Personally, I'm leaning towards the ET craft theory, but I think all opinions need to be read and debated.

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Well i can tell you that it wasn't a plane.

As for the military testing a 'top-secret balloon', that just stinks as an explanation when it had all the survelliance equipment it needed at the time.

EDIT: I like to reverse-logic when it comes to aliens.

[edit on 27-10-2007 by Throbber]

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Throbber

My main problem with the Project Mogul explanation is that the DoD didn't come forward with it until the 1990s, and furthermore, the described debris field doesn't in any way square with what a crashed Mogul balloon would've looked like.

But we are still left with the question, what was it that *did* crash? I'm disinclined to think it was "one of ours", if it's "one of ours", what the heck are we using it for? Oh, and don't even bring up helium-3, that's been debunked.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Opinions in the ordere of how strong I believe in them:

1. The crash of an unknown aircraft of advanced origin (Why? Because that was the initial report. Because thats what witnesses said. Because of the obvious "trying to change the story" by the press). Of which origin? Maybe extraterrestrial, extradimensional...or maybe even nazi-aircraft, which I find a more far-out explanation that ETs).

2. A staged psy-ops event marking the beginning of the UFO-era as a sociological experiment as conducted by spooks (Why? Because the UFO-Stories changed over time, adapting to mass-culture. Because lots of knowledge and data can be derived by socially toying with mass-belief).

3. A weather balloon (Why? Because thats what the airforce said it was. Because of identifiable debris lying around) or foreign aircraft or one of our own aircraft.

4. All other explanations dont carry any weight for me (yet). Lets see if this thread brings up anything new.

[edit on 27-10-2007 by Skyfloating]

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Funny how headline news stories were later debunked as weather balloons. Just like the armatta of silver discs over Washington in 1952. I don't think anyone in their heart disbelieves we have had contact and cover up. 'In God we trust'.

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Way too many old timers coming up with the same story. Something out of this world crashed in two areas, and turned that nuke-base upside down long ago.
These guys were the top-shelf, and a funky balloon tricking these guys is an insult to who they were.

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by lyingunderoath

Do you think we know where it came from?

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 09:16 PM
link   
It was a UFO. It was covered up because it was deemed divisive during those uncertain times. WW2 was still fresh & the cold war was coming on. Conservative top brass was worried how religious America would hold together since nothing is explicitly stated in judaeo-christian beliefs about extraterrestrials. It was about keeping United States of America united. It really was national security.

It was only later that technological/military superiority became considerations; "second to none." Then the industrial military sector commandeered the whole affair and it has not let go since.

Yes, they have attempted to both bring down & communicate with these beings because they realized, no matter if they're a million years more advanced than us, this is our turf and they are [color=RED]TOO far away from home to be a significant threat.

[edit on 27-10-2007 by reject]

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by reject

If our government *has* attacked aliens, they are more brash and foolish than even I have previously imagined. What makes you think this might be the case?

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 09:48 PM
link   
The only thing I am 100% sure on is that the government is lying about it. They changed their stories too many times, and their stories don't make sense.

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by uberarcanist

Are you kidding? I don't know if that was a serious question but I'll answer anyway.

There's at least one case of a jet fighter that went missing after engaging a UFO in US airspace over one of its lakes; probably Lake Michigan.

There's also THIS.

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 11:40 PM
link   
I'm going with Dan Burisch's explanation. They were visitors from a future timeline. For further info, download the interviews over at Project Camelot.

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by RiotComing

Dan Burisch has all sorts of credibility problems that speak for themselves, so unfortunately I'm disinclined to believe that.

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Something. Theres a lot of noise about it. Hows that?

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Who you callin' 'old timer' peach fuzz. I'm only 44 and I read alot. Pshh.

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Well only because you're buying into what the 'cool crowd' in ufology circles have to say. Sometimes you've just got to throw aside the popular agenda and assess what he has to say from a neutral standpoint. Don't you think the reason people put him down is because he may just have things of importance to disclose? With truth in hand, he's a dangerous man to the factions who don't want this to come out. Majestic is divided, you must understand.

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 04:48 AM
link   

Hi Uberarancist.

I belive it was a balloon of some sort, doing some sort of classified work. probably spying on the Russians. If you look at Mac Brazil's original description of the materials he found- balsa wood, tin foil and rubber- it's hard to conclude anything else (clearly an alien spaceship wouldn't be made out of these kinds of materials!)

We must remember that the 'flying saucer' craze had only just started, and people didn't associate these craft with alien beings but with the Russians in the early days.

I have read a lot about Roswell- The Roswell Incident by Berlitz and Crash at Corona. I find both books dubious more so the so called witnesses. In order to fit a crashed UFO scenario, much of the testomony from Major J. Marcel and Brazil has to be altered (i.e it has to have happened somewhere near the 3rd July to tally with the Wilmots UFO report) etc.

So, I don't think there were any ETs or ET craft at Roswell. Many of the recent witnesses also seem to have a stake in the Roswell story.

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 04:53 AM
link   
I'm going to go with alien spacecraft, although I will say I think it was a spacecraft from within our own Solar System. Alternately perhaps an automated probe of some kind. As Roswell was the only nuclear capable base on the planet at the time, I'd think the LAST thing they would want there was publicity. It would have to be literally the most amazing story ever for them to put that out on the wire.....

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by uberarcanist
reply to post by reject

If our government *has* attacked aliens, they are more brash and foolish than even I have previously imagined. What makes you think this might be the case?

Warships Shot Down UFO

U.S. warships patrolling Persian gulf shot down a UFO during a battle with Saddam Hussein's troops during Operation Desert Storm. Now a Top Secret mission to recover the UFO debris is underway. The U.S. Navy downed a UFO on January 24, 1991, according to a classified report detailing allied cooperation in the war to liberate Kuwait.it was detected by radar for nearly 30 seconds and was flying in an erratic manner. The order to down the aircraft was given when it buzzed several American ships, including the USS Wisconsin, USS England and USS O'brien and two british frigates, the HMS Battleaxe and HMS Jupiter. All vessels in the area fired on the alien spacecraft, which was described by officers as a chromium plated air-craft which emitted a high pitched piercing sound unlike conventional jets. The UFO was most likely downed by a tomahawk cruise missile, although every ship in the u.s. task force deployed in the Persian gulf emptied its conventional armaments to destroy it.
Source

There have been a handfull of incidences where UFO's have been fired on as a matter of public record (if you want to call it that...public....laughable) .

I read a report somewhere (of course I cannot find the source right now) but it reported that, the Roswell crash was a direct result of radar contact, that did indeed cause the crash of the UFO. Radar was a new technology and being tested through different phases. The report concluded that the radar contact directly caused the craft to become unstable, and subsequently, caused the crash we are discussing.

There are many other reports of the Russian military openly engaging UFO's and may have succeeded on occasion, but for the most part suffered heavy losses...google it I'm tired.

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 07:30 AM
link   
I think it was something from us. Maybe a balloon, maybe and ealry model UAV, who knows. The initial description of the debris does not indicate what I could think of when envisioning an alien shipwreck would look like.

I think the initial reaction and headline was a product of mass hysteria, and yes, even people in the military are human and suffer from it. People were seeing UFO's in their cereal bowls every morning that year for crying out loud, the whole society had gone crazy enough to worry the goverment about UFO's. This was due to the phone lines being clogged when an "event" erupted and people panicked. The goverment was worried that the enemy (soviets) could use this communication breakdown opportunity against us somehow. That's their primary reason for getting involved.

I am sure the guy who ordered the erroneous, and hysterical press release saw a UFO in his cereal bowl that morning too. Not being privy to eyes only classified projects coming from around his own area, he assumed that it was nothing from his area that went down and made the flying leap of absurdity which began this whole Roswell incident.

The Army didn't change or cover up anything (other than a run of the mill classified flight project, which is nothing extraordinary) however they were embarrassed that one of their own would be such a fool and wanted to correct it right away, less they add to the hysteria that the population (yes, even within the armed forces) was experiencing.

The only thing that I don't understand is why people assume that the military is some sort of perfect machine, that a single person is not capable of doing something stupid, something human, something the entire population was doing without it contributing to some sort of huge conspiracy. The military is not immune from being human.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join