It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's Not Even Halloween Yet!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 09:10 PM
link   
MM your kids are beautiful.

I am near Atlanta this week and went into town today and was shocked to see the streets full of costumed children going into all the stores trick or treating. Brought back good memories of my childhood.

Dizzie

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Thank you, DD.

After today, I know why they're born so cute. It's so you don't do something harmful to them after a day like they had today!

My son's got a cold and he sleeps with a pacifier, so he's in a real jam because he can't use the binky and breathe through his mouth at the same time. And he's been restless and whiny and stubborn all day, as he's going into the terrible twos.

My daughter is having some anxiety about some stuff that happened this week and she was extremely wound up on chocolate, plus she's really starting to test those boundaries and likes pushing buttons.

They were extremely challenging today, to say the least. But like I said, that's why they are so cute when they're little.

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 12:25 AM
link   
BABY COW!!!

My son had that costume when he was about your sons age. It was the cutest and most memorable costume he has ever had. Not to mention I live in Minnesota where it is cold on Halloween and that costume was warm for him while he was trick or treating.

Actually, Halloween originated from the Pagan festival "Samhain" and was brought over here by Irish and Scottish immigrants. You can read about it here on wikipedia.

So yeah it is predominantly celebrated by Americans but it didn't originate here.

In my town, the local bars celebrate Halloween for the adults the weekend before Halloween. So needless to say I planned my daughters birthday on the wrong weekend, all my friends went to the bar instead!

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by mojo4sale

Id prefer it if we would celebrate our own cultural events with a bit more gusto rather than borrow another countries. Thats just me though.

I consider all English speaking countries discovered and/or founded by Great Britain a part of the same culture.

Not only a few hundred years ago, the ancestors of people living in Australia, USA, Canada, New Zealand, Falklands, and elsewhere were mostly living in the UK. So we're of the same tribe AFAI am concerned.

A bit nutty huh. We own the ends of the Earth, look at the 4 corners of a square map of the world sometime and you will see.

MM: your kids are so cute, you must be a looker. hah.

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Halloween really isn't American, it's Catholic. It's All Hallow's Eve, the night before All Saints' Day. It was celebrated in the UK before America was discovered.

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Actually it's another pagan holiday subsumed by the Catholic church to draw pagans into Jesus worship.

Linky

Runetang, you're a cheeky one.

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Cute kids MM.

Halloween has been getting bigger and bigger every year over here too. No one does trick or treating, but all the kindies and primary schools have parties. Also lots of the estates and blocks have club house type things and they all do things for the kids too.

Can't decide between Peter Pan and Spiderman for my little boy.

I'm gunna teach all the kids I see:

Trick or treat, smell my feet give me something good to eat!

That just rocks!!

MonKey

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

LMAO thats the first thing i noticed when i saw the picture.. disturbing..

anyways, nice pics MM.. i remember those days, barely, but i remember them.. dressing up, trick or treating, haunted houses.. ahh the memories

i guess i'll get to relive it one day when i have kids of my own

have fun!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join