It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Kabbalah of Star Wars

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Skyfloating,

Intresting thread and premise. I understand about the Kaballah. I have a copy of the Kaballah in a Blue binding. I dont recall the publishing date but it must be over 50/60 years olde. I seldom ever bother to read it as it is difficult to read and also very disturbing to me. Full of pages of charts and such.

As to its connection to the movies and especially the Star Wars series I agree. This fingerprint is often in movies and concealed or hidden amongst all the special effects.

To most people these movies are simple entertainment. They do not ever want to think further.

I can spot some of this in movies like:

Star Wars,
Star Trek
The Matrix series
Dune series.
Underworld.
2001 as Space Odyssey
2010 Odyssey

And others of which names escape me at the moment.

What you are talking about is duality. This is not necessarily a Hebrew principle but a function of Eastern Religions. Eastern Religions and Philosophy covers alot of ground.
I submit to you that George Lucas is not Hebrew per se but into Eastern Religions...of which Hebrew is only a part.

This particular Duality you describe..the Kaballah connection..is White magick verses dark or Black Magic..not good and evil per se. This is Star Wars. If you know the occult fingerprint you can see it ...most people define it as the struggle of good and evil. It is white magick verses Black Magick. White Evil verses Black Evil. It is not good verses evil. So many people are stuck on this good verses evil track that they cannot see the other track hiding just under the surface.
If you know the fingerprint you can see this in Star Trek too.
This stuff is just so marvelously presented and marketed that most people dont get it beyond the immediate instant gratification mixed with popcorn and candy/sodas.

I will remind you that if you know the history of the Hebrews in captivity you know that they came into problems here with mixing other doctrines with the Law of Moses ..often superimposing this doctrine and practice as if it was the Law of Moses when it was not. They were doing this even before the captivity but here in captivity in Babylon the practice took over big time. This doctrine today is in the form of the Talmud and the Kaballah. THey were never supposed to do this. This is the history. It is just not talked about much ..most have no reason to ever know or understand this. THese doctrines come from non Hebrew sources and were spread about from these hebrews who came into contact with them.
The question to be asked is who or what is the name of the god or gods of these talmudic or kaballistic dogmas.

This is what I have learned in my studys. You seem to be asking some good questions. Not what one gets from most of the posters on ATS/BTS.
This trail you are going down goes very very far. If you think it through to its religious origins you can see this fingerprint all over the media and the politics for which this whorish media constantly shills. It is all over the place...even in merchandizing, just hidden below the surface of what it presents itself to be. It has even infiltrated our public education system. This should be obvious by some of the posts here in this thread and other places on ATS/BTS.

Well done Skyfloating. Keep up the good work and the studying. YOu are not far off the mark..keep going.

By the way Skyfloating..you will get alot of flack from most peoples of the "Humanistic " type thinking. Dont let this discourage you ..keep going. This just tells you that you are on the right path.

Orangetom

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 06:32 AM
link   
You guys who drown the kabbalistic influence within a kind of multimythologic bouillabaisse know knothing of what is going on with real Kabbala.

First, if it's given as a jewish tradition, nothing's less sure that it actually relates to any properly hebraïcal tradition. I mean kabbalah could be as well interlaced with chaldean numerology and astrology, egyptian high priesthood knowledge as well as alkhemya, sumerian cults and legends, brahmanic entheogen wisdom if not theosophic knowledge.

Second, who knows the five or six main tendancies of mysticism around the world sees that kabbala refers to some universal, ultrasubjective epistemè opening more or less directly the doors of hyperconsciousness while transcending most of religious relativism. In a way the ultimate spiritual practice transmitted from the most ancient paradigm as perfected by the centuries that passed through.

The Force, more than any Qi or Wenga, not only beeing straightly depicted in the tree of life itself under the very specie of a Fulgurant Flash that goes through the ten sephirots, is also thematized in the Treaty of Palaces as some state of mind, or rather its results, grounded in the deep, reverencial awe that opens the priest (every jew is supposed to be a priest, and so the kabbalist) up to the worlds of wisdom.

The initiation to kabbala principles ultimately offers to interact with reality itself, which can become some wide symbolic projection of the psykhè itself in a generative way that must be mastered by the wise man's mind.

If you look at the entire SW saga from the very view point of the not less central Luckob Skywalkowsky, all others caracters appears somewhat to be like spherically dispatched all other his proper consciousness.

All that said, a discreet although loud kabbalistical symbology can be given as a diacritic clue of what is to be undestood under the very purpose of the entire multilogy.

Think about it dudes.

[edit on 29-10-2007 by Rigel]

[edit on 29-10-2007 by Rigel]

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by shadow_D
Really enjoyable thread, looking to read more.. Oh and I think that far away system and planet were named "Mustafar System," please excuse the spelling for you star wars experts.

Yes...it was the "Mustafar System". Mustafa is, after Mohammend and Abdullah-Variations I think the third most common arabic first name in countries like turkey, palestine, iran, iraq. Thanks!

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by incoherentconsistancy

The premise of the thread is: "There is a deeper third level to the movie, beyond the obvious".

Many of the responses I get refer to the obvious first and second levels.

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by orangetom1999

I can spot some of this in movies like:

Star Wars,
Star Trek
The Matrix series
Dune series.
Underworld.
2001 as Space Odyssey
2010 Odyssey

Great overall post Orangetom. Thanks. Of course these movies contain first and second level symbolism. Some even third level (NOT OBVIOUS) symbolism. There are some movies in which the symbolism is so deeply hidden and embedded that hardly anyone will notice it.

The question to be asked is who or what is the name of the god or gods of these talmudic or kaballistic dogmas.

Who were they...what do you suspect?

.even in merchandizing, just hidden below the surface of what it presents itself to be. It has even infiltrated our public education system. This should be obvious by some of the posts here in this thread and other places on ATS/BTS.

Oh yes. Going beyond the superficial and obvious. Yes.

By the way Skyfloating..you will get alot of flack from most peoples of the "Humanistic " type thinking. Dont let this discourage you ..keep going. This just tells you that you are on the right path.

The type of people who oppose looking deeper the most are christians and atheists...two sides of a militantly limited coin.

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by omnicron

If more people took it seriously and walked away from the movies with a little thought, I believe the world would be a better place.

They're not just movies for kids to say "Wow! That's cool!" Next time you watch, try to understand what's being conveyed. It's an epic struggle between good and evil, right and wrong, democracy and tyranny. It shows how power can corrupt. How dictatorships rise to power. How "right" doesn't always triumph over "wrong". It's not just a bunch of eye-candy sword battles and lazer light shows. It had a purpose when it was concieve and that purpose (contrary to modern day cinematics) was not cash and merchandising. If it were for that purpose only, the final 3 episodes would have been out a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away.

I've been a fan of Star Wars for over 25 years. So I can understand how one feels when they "know" their Star Wars. But, others need to understand that Lucas didn't sit down and say, "OK, good and evil. This comes from that. This is his name. After that, this happens." These were very well research and thought out films. The concepts of physics and mythology played a great role. The overall story took from a number of religions, philosophies and mythologies.

Unless you're Geroge Lucas, or can reference direct footage of Geroge Lucas, your un-qualified to speculate finite statements such as "No. Your wrong."

And unless, we can get Lucas here to confirm, all these speculations on names will be left un-answered. But, it sure is fun to speculate in the mean-time.

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by tyranny22

Excellent contribution. None of us can say what the innermost thoughts of a director/script-writer are, but we can watch a movie with a bit more attention. And the more attention we offer, the more is uncovered.

In most cases movies dont have any deeper levels and the director/writer did not build in any deeper meaning. This doesnt seem to be the case with star wars though. If it were then...as you pointed out...the remaining three episodes would already be finished.

Taking 20 years to complete the new episodes one would assume its more than just a light-sword-fight.

posted on Oct, 30 2007 @ 02:52 AM
link   
Skyfloating.

Thanks for your reply.

I had not actually thought of it in the perspective of which you present ...different levels but It does apply if you know what it means to advance by degrees in the wisdom of this world.

In this type of religion or philosophy one learns or advances by degrees or promotion if one is deemed suitable. Often messages are left for people in this type of religion...often openly..in programming on television or radio...definitely in periodicals. Messages definitely to those innitiated in these mysterys and how to spot them. This I believe is the third level of which you speak.
I have seen this done by Louis Farrakahn, In the opening scenes of the country music awards, By Tom Selleck in his television program Magnum PI, By Frank Sinatra in a public speech before he died.
THese are often coded speechs or symbols known to only those schooled in the patterns. Of courses movies do this alot in certain plots or symbols. Some directors more than others.

In these types of religions or philosophys ..wisdom is often refered to as light These are also sometimes called the wisdom religions.

remember..philosophy...philo-love sophy-wisdom. Love of wisdom!!

THe god or gods of these religions or philosophys is the god of light..the light bearer or light bringer. Not difficult to know once you know the pattern.

By the way. I am a christian and dont often get a long with fellow christians as I dont agree with much of thier ways or organizations. Most of them havent a clue to this stuff and think it is just more entertainment.

Keep up the good work.
Orangetom

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Skyfloating

I am a Christian. And I actually share your view on Star Wars. The average Christian wishes to know as little as possible, for they believe they then have less to account for on Judgment Day (and those who do not believe in it, please do not comment, I know it shall be, if you don't, be at peace).

But the one thing that early on told me, that Star Wars is not all it seems to be, is their parting words: "The force be with you."

Straight out of Wicca.

And of course, Wicca deals with power. The Force is power.

The Wiccan mother goddess is in all, it surrounds all, and all exists because of it. Then listen to Yoda's explanation of The Force, to Luke in The Empire Strikes Back.

I used to be a great Star Wars fan.

And that part about "trust your instincts" in A New Hope? Where Luke destroys the first Death Star? To me, this equals to "do it your way (your inner knowledge/inner being shall guide you)". Which again comes to "there is no one right way to practice the Art (Wicca)."

Come to think of it now, Star Wars and Harry Potter seem to be pretty much on equal terms when it comes to promoting witchcraft.

[edit on 3-11-2007 by J.Smit]

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 02:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Azazelus

Do you know who Azazel is?

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 05:02 AM
link   
reply to post by J.Smit

Thanks for the contribution. Its interesting that we both see the same thing from two different sides of the fence

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Yawn!! Early morning here. Just got off work and checked this site.

I just wanted to say for the hard core Star Wars fans amongst us....that ...

I am very tired tonight ..the "Force is not with me" "There is a weakness in the force!"

Orangetom

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 07:27 PM
link   
ok so ive just recently been reading israel regardie's "the tree of life" and im pretty decent at star wars trivia so i thought id through in my 2 cents. someone made the comment "Names we have yet to decipher: R2D2". well this one i know. apparently they would call for "reel 2 dialogue 2" in post prod. back in the day so they used the term r2d2 as a name... also you can watch American Graffiti and in the beginning one of the hot rods has r2d2 on the license plate.

thats all i got. i was originally searching for a link between the qlipoth and the w. in george w. bush's name...weird i know but thats how i found you guys. great thread btw!

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 01:27 AM
link   
I read most of the posts on here and I didn't find what I thought was the most obvious information. Star Wars seems like Luciferian doctrine 101. Anakin (Christ) was born of an immaculate birth. The woman who plays his mother, ALSO PLAYED JESUS' MOTHER in another film for crying out loud. The midiclorine, or Midiclorine, are a symbiotic Entity giving power aligning a man with the will of the force, also known as the Spirit of God in other doctrine. If the force has a will, then it is a person, the Force instead of the force. I think, therefore I am. If it is a person, then calling it the Father is perfectly reasonable.

I mean seriously, if we, for discussion's sake, take the Bible story on its face, assume it is Heaven's perspective, and then reverse it to obtain Lucifer's perspective, we have Star Wars, pure and Luciferian. I'm not saying its right or wrong. That's for you to judge. All I'm saying is that if an entity like Lucifer did exist, and his enemy, Christ, had the Bible perspective on history/future, then it is very easy to see how Lucifer would have the Star Wars perspective on history/future. It is a dream come true for the entity known as Lucifer: The beloved One, Christ, who was supposed to be the chosen one is destroyed by Lucifer, the 'true' chosen One. Heck, just calling the Midiclorine a nuetral entity, or one with Lucifer's agenda, would be a strong perversion of the Bible account of it for Lucifer's benefit, especially if the Bible version is true, because that would make God's Spirit, the source of power, who is supposed to be aligned with the Father's Will, in agreement with Lucifer, making the Father agree with Lucifer.

If the Bible account is true, Lucifer is the enemy, wanting his own way, and he is sentenced to death after a period of clarifying on earth is completed. I know if I was in his shoes I'd have dreams of how that would all play out where I didn't die, and I didn't lose to my arch-rival Christ, and my rival was revealed for the jerk he 'truly' is, and I am seen for the all powerful beautiful master of justice and logic, pardoned for any 'sins', where the Father apologizes to me for being wrong, where I get my own way and have the Father run the show how I see fit. Just seems....human. Ha.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 04:13 AM
link   
Every word that we speak is a sound pattern, each sound pattern that we emit corresponds to an energy signature, in that sense, there is a similarity between different words, as they carry similar signatures.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Linky has a Star Wars Tree of Life

My tuppence using the astrological correspondances rather than numerology and guessing at hidden names.. Characters fit certain archetypes I think. No opinion if this is hidden, or if Lucas meant this. One use of the tree of life I liked was it is like a filing cabinet for archetypes. This was done for fun.......not sure where the droids fit though!

Luke is at the centre- the Sun- the Solar Hero going on a quest.
Those he meets working down the tree.

Neptune- the force
Uranus- Yoda
Saturn- The Emperor
Pluto- The Death Star
Jupiter- Obi Wan Kenobi
Mars- Darth Vader
Venus- Leia
Mercury- Han Solo
The Moon- Chewbacca
The Earth/Malkuth- a Galaxy far far away........the is the stage the drama is played on

edit on 14-7-2012 by dialog because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 02:30 AM
link   
I agree that Star Wars has a deeper meaning, after I watched it I started connecting it to Eastern religions and not Kabbalah. The "Force" for example is the Tao. Padme could be a reference to the chant used in Buddhism "om mani padme". Ana in Hebrew means "favored grace" Kin in Japanese means "golden" so Anakin could be a mixer of Japanese and Hebrew to mean "Favored Grace of the Golden". In Japan gold symbolizes royalty, so Anakin could be the favored of the King who could be the Tao since he had a large amount of metachlorians thus he was stronger with the "Force" or the Tao. I do agree as well that there is connections with Kabbalah.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Skyfloating

This is very interesting, I am not well versed in Kabbalah, but am a highly interested student. Considering that many Jews control the media entertainment industry, I wouldn't be surprised that Star Wars has a grand connection with a strong message to be shared. I look forward to watching the film again and associate it with the Tree of Life.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join