It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We live in a Zero Tolerance Society

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Redge777

Some where along the way people decided they must destroy paradise in order to save it.

It's just nuts to think it's ok to chain and padlock doors to keep the kids in and others out. Good idea I suppose until there is a fire.

Is our society so fearful? it must be. Sad really

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by LDragonFire

Just like David Icke wrote about in Children of the Matrix and The Biggest Secret.

OBEY, DO NOT QUESTION AUTHORITY, WORK HARD, MULTIPLY AND PRODUCE, MONEY IS YOUR GOD, COMSUME.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 11:41 PM
link   
In stead of starting a new thread Im going to post this here.

I recently got cell phones for all my kids, and they goto public school. Its the schools policy that these phones be shut off and not seen while on school property, this goes for all electronic devices. If these phones are seen they can be confiscated and kept till the end of the school year, unless a parent comes to collect them plus the student would get a detention.

I think this is not right at all, students should be able to keep there phones on and on vibrate and they should be able to use them between classes or at lunch.

I got them the phones for security reasons, and with all the school shootings it's apparent to me they can't protect my kids. Im a parent and I should have the right to contact my kids when I want to or need too. Steps can be taken to keep any disruption from occurring.

Why do government institutions feel the need to hinder technology?

what say you?

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 12:30 AM
link   
a reply to: LDragonFire
Question are you commenting on zero tolerance in general or zero tolerance in law enforcement your quotes seem to indicate you are commenting on policing but your post comments otherwise.

I am only just starting to learn what this bull# is about in regards to law enforcement because i was victim of some over zealous security and & cops in a certain state of Australia will go into much further. I had to travel to a hick state in Australia to realise some cops abuse their powers big time especially in conservative and right wing states(not somewhere i want to revisit)
I assume misdemeanour's like Disorderly conduct & other such stupid minor offence codes are a direct result of Zero Tolerance policing!

edit on 12-6-2014 by 74joff because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 12:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Redemptionseeker

we are lucky here in Australia, our schools dont have metal detectors and xrays at school. or anything like them. There'd be hell to pay if they tried. but then, our govt has effectively removed guns from normal society....another matter - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

First of all the poster given the quotes I assume the poster is mainly talking zero tolerance policing not your stupid juvenile subculture.

Now down to business your speaking a "crock" of crap. Where do you live what state? I have travelled to most states in Australia and only nsw is not fully draconian although it not perfect it is leagues ahead of QLD & VIC and light years form places like WA NT SA in terms of civil liberties for citizens.
Coppers enforce zero tolerance in some states QLD, WA literally in NSW people will not tolerate it plus the population is too big in sydney for example for them to start picking on pple for minor offences not so in other states!.

Also try travelling on your own between different states see how much attention you attract cops dont trust drifters or outsiders they pick on those pple.I know i was one.

edit on 12-6-2014 by 74joff because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Yes things have changed. My dad is a Vietnam vet - he was in school back in the 60's I think. He used to bring a huge 12 inch long knife to school to use in shop class - he worked on radios and stuff and would cut wires and remove flat head screws with it. I guess one time one of his class-mates was so happy about going hunting with his dad that he brought in some of the shotgun shells that his dad gave him and was counting them out on his desk during study hall. What did the teacher do? "Johnny, put those damn things away." "Yes, teacher!" No one got in trouble. That's what it was like back then - a whole lot more relaxed and free. I can't imagine how much trouble you would get in for doing something like that today. SWAT would be there - you would be a terrorist on the news and would probably spend your early adulthood in prison.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 10:27 AM
link   
They also taught marksmanship back when he was in school. The gym at his school had an indoor target range where students would learn to shoot rifles. I was surprised to hear that because of how much things have changed in just one generation. When I was in 6th grade (early 90's) we did archery in gym, and I brought in my own bow to shoot with. I don't know if schools even do that today, since bows and arrows are considered weapons so probably not.

When my dad was in school they also had a senior lounge where if the high school seniors were caught up on their homework and had good grades, they could spend their study hall in the lounge instead. They could smoke in there, and did. It was technically against the rules, but as long as you didn't draw attention to yourself or cause any problems, the teachers would look the other way. It was a completely different culture than what we have today. It makes me think about what I missed growing up when I did.

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Winds of change are blowing in a good way:
LAUSD Ends Controversal Zero Tolerance Policy

www.youtube.com...'___'Q&list=UU1yBKRuGpC1tSM73A0ZjYjQ
www.youtube.com...'___'Q

From the Youtube

"The nation’s second largest school district will stop criminalizing students for low-level offenses as part of wider reforms relating to controversial zero-tolerance policies, officials from the Los Angeles Unified School District announced Tuesday.

Under previous policies, students would face arrest or citations for nonviolent violations including possessing alcohol or marijuana on campus. Now, such students will be sent to the principle’s office or be given mandatory counseling.

Activists welcomed the decision, saying it will help stem the so-called school-to-prison pipeline that they argue unfairly targets minorities. The ‘school-to-prison pipeline’ refers to a nationwide system of policies that push students out of school and into the juvenile criminal justice systems for minor offenses such as goofing off in class or showing up late.” *

This needs to spread. Right now it needs to spread.
edit on 24-8-2014 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join