It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Which one best describes you???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Check out this link --> www.winternet.com...

"The Flame Warriors", do any of these sound like you?

Some of them are really funny and could definitely apply to a few members here.

Thanks to Lysergic for the link, he originally posted it sometime last year.

Some examples :

"The Troller"

Troller is looking for a response...ANY response, and he will chum the waters with complaints, insults, compliments, and inflammatory tidbits hoping that someone...ANYONE, will take the bait. Generally quite harmless - practices a form of catch and release. Nonetheless, he can upset the delicate ecology of a discussion forum. Once a forum becomes aware of his presence, however, all feeding activity ceases and Troller must move on to more promising waters.

"The Nanny"

Nanny tirelessly monitors forum discussions and makes it his mission to see to it that everyone behaves. While he is quick to admonish for off-topic messages and petty squabbling, he is generally rather slow to anger. Nanny rarely wades into pitched battles, rather he simply pulls the plug on combatants. Often Nanny becomes the unwitting ally to the intrigues of Rat and Crybaby.

"The Grunter"

Grunter always reponds to discussion forum messages with a single word or a short phrase, and he NEVER edits quoted material . Profundus Maximus, Philosopher, Tireless Rebutter, and other verbose Warriors find Grunter a particularly exasperating opponent because he will answer their lengthy pontifications with a simple "Yeah!". "Get a life.", "Whatever", "I agree." "Wrong.", etc. While Grunter is not a strong Warrior, he is very elusive and difficult to engage in direct battle, and only by his extended silence is there any indication that he has been vanquished.

So..........which one are you?????

[Edited on 27-1-2004 by ProudAmerican]

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 08:37 PM
link   
I think this one is me.

Rebel Leader has an uncanny ability to upset the settled order of a discussion forum. Other Warriors may be excellent in mano a mano combat, but Rebel Leader's charisma, political instincts and verbal skills enable him to rally a collective assult that can overthrow the Royals and even silence Cyber Sisters. Depending on the issue Rebel Leader uses to advance his attack he may draw allies from almost any of the other Warrior classes, but he can usually count on Loopy in the early stages of the conflict and Sycophant once the revolution is well underway. Once the revolution has succeeded, however, Rebel Leader quickly loses interest in the cause. As is the case with false King-Fu Masters, the bones of soi-disant Rebel Leaders litter the battlefields.

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Just spoke to me.

As a forum participant Jekyll and Hyde always plays by the rules and is consistently cordial and helpful - a model netizen, until one day he comes completely uncorked and lashes out without warning. His unanticipated thunderbolts can temporarily rout even the sturdiest Warriors, and it often takes some time for his stunned opponents to mount a counter attack. Jekyll and Hyde's sudden behavioral change may result from a psychotic episode, PMS, a downturn in the market, a surprise visit by the in-laws - or a session of hard drinking...

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 08:47 PM
link   
This one: lol

In bygone days Ents roamed the internet regularly making knowledgeable contributions to established and purposeful forums, but in recent times they have grown quiet. Indeed, Ents are so rarely heard from these days that some Netizens believe they no longer exist. When aroused from dormancy, however, Ent is an extremely powerful and ferocious Warrior, all the more formidable because he is venerated by veteran Warriors who will instantly spring to his defense. Warriors who chop and burn an Ent in battle will not earn glory, but will instead incite the enmity of the entire forum.

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 09:05 PM
link   
I'm the Bong Warrior! Lol... Nice link dude, had seen it before, but had forgot about it. I think they even added some since last time I saw it.

Bong

Does the writer seems to babble on and on? Does he lurch from one non sequitur to another? Are you baffled by his obscure metaphors? Are there so many typos you think that maybe he was typing while wearing a catcher's mit? Can he really MEAN what he just said? What in the hell is this guy talking about, anyway? Is this guy smoking something? Well, yes...in fact he is, and placidly tethered in high orbit Bong remains far beyond the reach of the even the most powerful Warriors' weaponry.

top topics

join