It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Military Shortwave Frequencies

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Hey Ya'll.

Look here for a listing of the top 100 used military shortwave frequencies.

I have run off a copy and am storing it with my shortwave and other survival gear/items.

I'm sure frequencies change from time to time, but it would be handy to have this in case TEOTWAWKI happens.

II say 'in case' it happens ... but I probably should say 'WHEN' it happens.)

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Flagged & starred, thanks for useful info.....

One question, what is a good, powerful HAM radio? I have a little piece of merda kaito, and I want something that receives and broadcasts.

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 11:01 PM
link   
All ham radios broadcast. Otherwise, they are just receivers and you don't need a license to operate it.

As for a radio, it's a Ford-Chevy thing with Mercedes prices. You can find good deals on Ebay or buy new ones for thousands. Eham.com has hundreds of reviews for every ham radio made and many other radios too numerous to list.

Every ham has his own preference for radios, so to say this is better or that one radio is the best will create some conversation in some circles. Do your research for name brand radios and what you really want to do. Then you can start to narrow down the list to what you can afford.

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Good topic, but that link doesn't seem like much use to me as I'm in the UK.

Made a mental note now though, gonna look for UK equivalents.

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 12:14 AM
link   
I really like smart women 'hinky'. Are you married? Your posts generally are over my knowledge base but I do my homework. You rock girl.

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Now_Then
Good topic, but that link doesn't seem like much use to me as I'm in the UK.

Made a mental note now though, gonna look for UK equivalents.

Did ya even read it? There is UK and Canadian mil at the bottom of the list.

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Being an X commo guy, anything notable being discussed on military radios or freqs generally (not always the rule) is either on single sideband, digital or satellite encrypted so unless you can decrypt or have tables trying to monitor any military channels is going to be tough, especially if its for some purpose of gaining any kind of useable information!

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by phinubian
Being an X commo guy, anything notable being discussed on military radios or freqs generally (not always the rule) is either on single sideband, digital or satellite encrypted so unless you can decrypt or have tables trying to monitor any military channels is going to be tough, especially if its for some purpose of gaining any kind of useable information!

I wasn't going to mention that part. You can still catch HF-GCS in the open for EAM, Mainsail, and Skyking messages. You have no idea what they mean but they are broadcast in the open on 11175 and 8992 is the secondary freq. The occasional phone patch comes across on this system also under the Mainsail call sign.

As for other HF military broadcast, you'll need a computer with your radio and programs like Hoka 300-32 or Skysweeper. You'll run into digital modes under STANAG modems and other digitalized encryption. You can decode the raw data stream but you will still not know what is being said as it is still encrypted.

This fairly well covers military side of HF. There are VHF and UHF applications for military communication such as aircraft that is both open and digital modes. Digital side has all kinds of neat programs that do stuff. If a guy was interested, search WACARS and ACARS.

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

thanks for the frequencies -----nosey me always was interested in radio even if what they usually talk about is beyond comprehension however every now and then these military communicators forget to use protocals they are supposed to stick to and instead during emergencies let us all know that there is a serious problem------for us -if you are a watcher.

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Flagged and tagged. Thanks, FF.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Thanks a lot.

Will try some here in Europe.

Kind Regards.

Willy

new topics

top topics