It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ebay & The CIA

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 07:56 AM
link   

ebay & The CIA

rinf.com

Online auctioneer eBay Inc. spent almost US$2-million lobbying various departments of the federal government in the past year, including an entity rarely named on federal disclosure forms: the Central Intelligence Agency.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 07:56 AM
link   
I am suspicious of the ties of Internet giants such as Google, Yahoo or ebay to Intelligence Agencies. This could be an important piece of underreported evidence for such ties.

rinf.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 08:03 AM
link   
The CIA is monitoring my purchases of an iPod-to-Cassette converter and an FD 24mm lens? Ohhh . . . who cares.
Google is the single most used research resource on this planet. Of course there are organizations out there monitoring it and using data mined from the site for many many purposes. Whether or not the CIA gains and uses data from Google to plan the upcoming NWO takeover of the U.S. or to suppress knowledge of alien colonization of the outer Solar System, it really doesn't effect me. Or most other people.

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Just read that link.
I had no idea that Ebay owned the internet phone company Skype.
I learn something new every day on ATS.

Apparently, they consulted with the CIA about their Skype subsidiary.

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by watch_the_rocks

So your take on this is "who cares" and "it doesnt effect me"? Talk about apathy.

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Exactly. I have a lack of interest in this.
You posted this on a discussion forum so that people could offer their views and opinions. Don't go jumping at me for doing just that.
One aspect of knowledge a governing body must have to rule effectively is knowing what the population is thinking and what its take on matters is. You can do this either by telling the population what to think, or by monitoring what the population thinks. This is just a modern way of the latter.
This is a very good topic for ATS. Good on you for posting it.

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by watch_the_rocks
You can do this either by telling the population what to think, or by monitoring what the population thinks.

I like this statement. It actually gets some of us surveillance-paranoids to do some thinking.

top topics

join