It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help! I have a white background on ATS and all other websites

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 07:18 AM
link   
What did i do?

Is there a setting i can go into and fix this? I've tried about everything and nothing works!!!

Its driving me

Please, someone help me get my colors back!!!!

Thank you!!!

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 07:22 AM
link   
if it is something that has just happened recently, then try the old 'i.t. fix' of restarting your pc. sometimes this will work quicker than figuring out what went wrong. if that doesn't work, post again

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 07:26 AM
link   
On the top left hand corner of your ATS page is the following...

CUSTOMIZE: DARK/LIGHT

What does yours say?

I hope it's as simple an explanation as this.

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by masqua

dgtempe said it is happening on other websites also so it's not the light/dark ats setting causing it. that's why i suggested the restart first

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Thank you guys, but i've tried all the above and its not working

I guess i'll keep playing with this and see what happens, but thank you very much!

Justy, i'll go ahead and shut it down completely and see what happens. Thank you!!!

[edit on 27-10-2007 by dgtempe]

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 07:34 AM
link   
I had a problem recently where all ATS pages were rendered as just blank white pages (other sites worked fine). But a simple restart seemed to fix the problem.

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

what browser and operating system are you using? it helps to know and also makes sure this isn't a one line post!

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 08:02 AM
link   
I have Windows XP and i got out on AOL dial up
It all started when i tried NetZero and i hated it, that's whenit all went blank. I erased netzero and then installed AOL (dont like it either but its something) and it stayed the same. blank.
BTW., i just restarted it and it was the same

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

aol and netzero are service providers.

browsers are something like 'internet explorer' or 'firefox' (recommended)
which browser do you use to surf?

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Sorry.

I have Internet Explorer.

That's what i use to get around on. Sorry, i'm not very computer savy and i appreciate your help!

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

ok - first, dump internet explorer and get firefox as it is waaaaay better and very customisable ( www.mozilla.com )

if your not that brave, then on internet explorer, click on ....

tools
internet options
general
colours ..... if you had normal windows colours then click the tickbox if it isn't already. otherwise, look above and click on the boxes to choose your own.

hope that's helpful

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Thanks Justyc,

I'm downloading Firefox right now (may take forever) but i will try it and see what happens.

Again, thank you all for all your help!

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

when it's set up, go to ...

tools
options
content ... and you can customise the colours there.

if you want a list of really really cool firefox add-ons to get to make surfing easier and more fun then let me know

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 09:11 AM
link   
aol and netzero both provide "customized" versions of internet explorer.

switching back and forth most likely made ie all foobar. unfortunately ie can not be uninstalled completely from windows, but it can be reinstalled or upgraded.

if you have not updated to ie7 yet, you might as well do it. it's bloattastic and bugtified like any other piece of billyware, but it should fix the problem. if you've already updated, you can uninstall and reinstall the update.

or uninstall it and let it revert to ie6. that might work too.

of course just switching to firefox will hide the problem, but it's still broken. and ie is useful for pages that are ms friendly.

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by griznakk
of course just switching to firefox will hide the problem, but it's still broken. and ie is useful for pages that are ms friendly.

ahh but once you take the plunge and spend a little time getting used to firefox and how amazing it is you will NEVER go back to using internet explorer (which is all the bad points you mentioned and more) unless you want to tell it's users what they must click on to change settings as i did. i dont think ive opened internet explorer for over 3 years now!

i would also use opera as a secondary browser before i would touch internet explorer again.

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 09:32 AM
link   
I mean there's some sites that are ms friendly and everything else unfriendly. activex laden code and other pieces that ms has gotten sued over but are still used. plus firefox still processes css differently so if someone has written a site without considering how firefox would display it it could be all forked up.

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Yes!!!

I've got my color back!!!!!
Oh thank you thank you, thank you!!!

Justyc, i followed your impecable instructions and it worked!!!!!

Thank you so much and yes, if you have time i'd love to see what neat things i can do with this!!!

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 02:59 AM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

glad it's working again for you.

go to this page and search for and install the following recommended add-ons.... you can spend ages looking at all the others there but these are my definitely 'must have' list...

adblock plus (also needs 'adblock filterset g updater installed) - blocks ads
flashgot - good downloader especially when used with 'flashget'
paste and go 2 - saves time when pasting an url in the address bar
fasterfox - good tweaker
sessionsaver ( get the installer from here ) - will set whatever you choose to open auto with firefox
tab mix plus - great for when you have a few tabs open
who is this person - excellent right click search tool

other useful ones are...

bugmenot - bypass site logins
conquery - good right click search extension
opanda iexif - view picture exif info
resizr - make jpgs bigger
torrent finder toolbar - limit it to a few selected sites or it's a nightmare
video downloader
foxlingo - if you need pages translated in another language

let me know if you need any help with firefox

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 08:49 AM
link   
I've already gotten some of them as you suggested, and Boy!!! There's a whole new world out there!!!!
I love the one you can get random websites and save them!!!!
This is the most productive post i ever wrote! Thank you!!!

I'm like a little kid in a candy store!

top topics

join