It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aliens Are Real-Naturally! So Why The Fuss And Skepticism About UFO’s?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Even people endowed with a little logic and common sense, would conclude that Aliens must be a reality. If so, what’s the big deal about the presence of alien UFOs here? Skeptics/debunkers go out of their way to trash the very thought of an alien presence here or in the Solar System. Evidence is what they want. I agree to a certain extent, but in the absence of hard core evidence like a government disclosure or an alien walking into a TV studio and showing up on the 9 O’clock news, we would have to rely on human logic to arrive at the truth.

Now let’s check out the basis of facts that would ultimately lead us to the truth – that aliens are as real as the nose on your face and have or are visiting the Solar System and needless to say, the Earth since probably a million years or more.

So here goes:

The Universe

HST: Galaxies in a small slice of the universe.
Courtesy: STScI

The Universe is so huge in fact that we’ll have to play around with scales so one can get a better idea.

Let's imagine that the entire universe that we have seen in all the worlds’ telescopes, all the galaxies, all trillion of them, extending out 13 billion light years in every direction is shrunk down to the size of a golf ball.

If we do a volume calculation, the actual universe contains 10 to the power 60 of those golf balls! Wow, I guess we didn't shrink things down far enough, but this will have to do. So how big a volume would 10 to the power 60 golf balls fill up? Try a sphere 850 light years across! So imagine a mass of golf balls that big, and each one of those golf balls contains all the stars and galaxies that we can see through our telescopes!!
www.futurehi.net...

That’s not all!!

Now let’s try it with speed. Ready? Imagine traveling so fast that you can go from on end of the galaxy to the other in just one second. At this speed the entire galaxy would be in reach before you can say the word "go", and wham, you're there! At this speed, you could travel to the nearest galaxy Andromeda in 22 seconds flat. And you could cross from one end of the visible universe to the other in 72 hours.

So, lets speed up our warp vehicles again, so that we can travel a quintillion light years every second. At such a speed we could cross the known universe 100 million times in one second.

So, how long would it take to cross from one side of the universe to the other?
…………….3.7 BILLION YEARS!!!………………
www.futurehi.net...

If that’s the size of the universe, then what are the odds of intelligent life there?

Intelligent Life in the Universe

For arguments sake, lets imagine that primitive life happens once in the lifetime of a trillion galaxies, and out of those only one in a trillion ever evolves out of its womb planet into a space-faring civilization. In this example then we are still left with an astounding 10 to the par 75 advanced societies –more alien cultures than the number of atoms composing planet Earth!

Again, for some perspective on such a gargantuan number, there are more advanced civilizations partying it up around the galaxies than there are atoms in every single grain of sand on all the beaches and deserts in the world, and then some!
www.futurehi.net...

So now we have a universe that could be teeming with millions of technologically advanced civilizations.

Unbelievable?

Now what do you think these advanced civilizations could have achieved technologically? As scientist Dr Michio Kaku contends, there could be many civilization Types. According to him, a type III civilization would be capable of bending space and time at will! So, could the more advanced have anything to do with the development of those fascinating Pulsars’ and ‘Quasars’? Could they be moving planetary bodies? Could they be harnessing the energy of white dwarfs and neutron stars, which they themselves have created? Could they be altering the fabric of the space-time continuum? Could they be moving through space-time and other dimensions? Would they be having a physical form? Could they have become units of pure energy?

Which Type of civilization are we? Well, yet to reach Type 1, as a Type I civilization is a truly planetary one, which has mastered most forms of planetary energy.

HST: The Eye Of God, (above), and halo of light around a star in the Milky Way.
Cosmic engineering?
Courtesy: Flicker.com and NASA, ESA,
C.R. O'Dell (Vanderbilt University), M. Meixner
and P. McCullough STScI

Astronomer John Barrows of the University of Sussex writes, “Suppose that we extend the classification upwards. Members of these hypothetical civilizations of Type IV, V, VI, ... and so on, would be able to manipulate the structures in the universe on larger and larger scales, encompassing groups of galaxies, clusters, and superclusters of galaxies.” Civilizations beyond Type III may have enough energy to escape our dying universe via holes in space.
www.mkaku.org...

The skeptics will holler, “This is all claptrap science fiction". Well, did our grand parents think man would ever be able to fly, let alone journey to the moon in their lifetimes? And that was just a hundred years ago. Here we’re talking in terms of millions or even billions of years of technological evolution!

Some may say all this is hypothetical. But considering the age and immense magnitude of the universe, anything is possible. Evolution to higher life forms over a period of millions of years is a certainty and a natural consequence of the very manifestation of life.

But some would argue that this evolution probably works within natural boundaries and disappears into oblivion after reaching a certain level, the cycle starting all over again. Probably. But all said, the bottom line is that we are not alone! Considering the age and vastness of the universe logic screams that aliens and UFOs are a reality!

As I said, Aliens are real - naturally! So why the fuss and skepticism about UFO’s?

Cheers!

groups.yahoo.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.mkaku.org...

[edit on 27-10-2007 by mikesingh]

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Mike, it seems that some of the pics you posted aren't allowed to be hotlinked.
Anyway, the pics are these ones:

Source:
projectsanctuary.com...

Source:
projectsanctuary.com...

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Very large numbers no matter how large they are, are still only an expression of probability, not reality. An alien having a beer with me, just one, wouldnt be a probability, it would be a reality.

One could argue that using the size of the universe as a benchmark could provide an argument to the opposite, meaning that the distances are SO great that transport here from out there would be extremely unthinkably difficult and IF life is out ther that it cant make it here without dreaming up some very glossy scifi transport systems to get here.

I think the potential for life out there is very, very high but I have never seen it here, personally. It is illogical to accept the probability over the reality. Live long and prosper...

And why do you automatically assume a connection between aliens with a UFO? There is nothing in the descriptor UFO that indicates it is alien in origin, it is simply an object in the sky that cant be identified. Man is smart enough to create things that fly that we cant identify and also dumb enough to not be able to identify things in the sky that are pretty dang mundane.

[edit on 27-10-2007 by Lost_Mind]

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by mikesingh

The fact that it is possible (or even very likely) that there are other life forms on the universe does not make it real.

Yes, it is possible, but why do you say that it must be a reality? Just because it would make life more interesting?

I do not have a problem with the possibility of the existence of other life forms on the universe, or even the possibility of the existence of intelligent life forms on the universe, but I do have a problem with people who say that just because it is possible then it must be true.

As for the presence of intelligent extra-terrestrial beings in the Solar system, that is far less likely than their existence in the universe. Not only must they exist, they must have the means of traveling through space, they also must travel to this star system. With the huge numbers you posted, it would be something like you travelling to Costa da Caparica (a beach near where I live) and pick up exactly the same sand grain that I last held on my hand.

It is possible that I die in the next 10 minutes, but only time will tell if that would be a reality or not. In the same way, I think that only time will tell if there really is life outside this planet.

PS: if I do not post anymore you can assume that I really died, but you do not have the means to really know it.

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lost_Mind
One could argue that using the size of the universe as a benchmark could provide an argument to the opposite, meaning that the distances are SO great that transport here from out there would be extremely unthinkably difficult and IF life is out ther that it cant make it here without dreaming up some very glossy scifi transport systems to get here.

Originally posted by ArMaP

As for the presence of intelligent extra-terrestrial beings in the Solar system, that is far less likely than their existence in the universe. Not only must they exist, they must have the means of traveling through space, they also must travel to this star system.

Well guys, that's exactly the point! Do we know at this juncture, where our technology would be one million years hence? Teleportation? Hyper luminal transportation? Time travel? Sci-fi today. Reality tomorrow!

So in a million years, traveling to another star, say a thousand par secs from here would be like a walk in the park! So what's the big deal if aliens from advanced civilizations have or are visiting the Solar System? After all they could be using esoteric technology that's way beyond our comprehension. Like a worm trying to understand the theory of relativity!

PS: if I do not post anymore you can assume that I really died, but you do not have the means to really know it.

Firstly, you not posting on ATS?? The odds are heavily stacked against it!!

Secondly, if by chance you decided to not post, then there's a 50-50 chance that you're dead!!

Thirdly, don't ever think of dying just yet! Otherwise who the devil's gonna give those expert opinions?? Just like them recruitment ads that shout from the billboards, WE NEED YOU!!

Cheers!

[edit on 27-10-2007 by mikesingh]

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Several hundreds years ago we were at this point

then, after some hundreds years we reached this other result:

and now we're discussing about MFD, anti-matter and other stuff which couldn't be imagined by mankind, before.

Yes, maybe the technologic evolution reached all this results by himselfs, but i have some doubts about it: too many are the secrets around the development of new aircrafts, even CIVIL ones, and many steps of this evolution are still UNEXPLAINED
I'm not making otrageous claimings, but i'd like to know HOW exactly we reached some results: still waiting to see the original studies which have been used in order to develope the stealth, or the first microchip, and MANY other things.

ArMaP, people like you is precious for debates like the ones of ATS: try to do some efforts in order to not die now

[edit on 27/10/2007 by internos]

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by internos

Hi Internos! The pics were got from here... projectsanctuary.com...
where it says 'Free images of the starry skies and outer space'. Now I didn't find anywhere that the pics can't be hot linked!

Anyways, thanks for the links!

Cheers!

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 09:33 AM
link   

The Probability of me winning the lottery is possible but in reality it's just a chance. I may never win it even if I lived to be 1000 years old. It's a big universe out there Mike and the possibilty of intelligent life forms being in it is real. I hate to think that we're the only ones here because that would be a big waste of space. All those galaxies in the hubble ultra deep field pictuce is amazing to look at and ponder life being in every one of them and our Milky Way. The Geneva Observatory in Switzerland found a planet orbiting a sun like ours called 51 Pegasi but is there life on it? I want to believe as much as anyone else that we're not alone and that there's intelligent life everywhere in our universe. I also sometimes wonder if there's intelligent life on this planet

Just kidding. But is there proof that we're not alone? There's an overwhelming amount of speculation but not one single solid evidence of alien life. An unidentified flying object(UFO) is what it is until it becomes a indentified flying object (IFO). A UFO doen't mean it's alien's flying around in their spaceships.

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Solarskye
But is there proof that we're not alone? There's an overwhelming amount of speculation but not one single solid evidence of alien life. An unidentified flying object(UFO) is what it is until it becomes a indentified flying object (IFO). A UFO doen't mean it's alien's flying around in their spaceships.

Agreed Solarskye! UFOs could be those ubiquitous toys made by black projects or even by the Germans during the later stages of WWII. But what I meant here were Alien UFOs, and that's why I prefaced the word UFO by 'Alien' in my opening post!!

Originally posted by internos

Yes, maybe the technological evolution reached all this results by himself, but i have some doubts about it: too many secrets around the development of new aircrafts, even CIVIL ones, and many steps of this evolution are still UNEXPLAINED.
I'm not making outrageous claims, but i'd like to know HOW exactly we reached some results: still waiting to see the original studies which have been used in order to develop the stealth, or the first microchip, and MANY other things.

Good point! We're moving pretty fast, aren't we?

This was in North Carolina, 17 December 1903.

And this in 1989, just 86 years later!

Courtesy: Aerospaceweb

So in a little over half a century, we graduated from the first heavier than air flight to a stealth bomber that several investigators have speculated that it features some method of anti gravity propulsion.

So the question is: how has this been achieved in such a short timespan? And then we are talking of technology a million years hence! Who can really imagine what it would be like?

Cheers!

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikesingh
Well guys, that's exactly the point! Do we know at this juncture, where our technology would be one million years hence? Teleportation? Hyper luminal transportation? Time travel? Sci-fi today. Reality tomorrow!
Yes, but that does not mean that Aliens are real, and that is what you wrote in the title.

Firstly, you not posting on ATS?? The odds are heavily stacked against it!!
I guess you're right, I think that I could be dead and still keep on posting on ATS.

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Many inventions are just the result of the evolution of other inventions, like the microchip is the natural evolution of the transistor.

Other inventions, like airplanes, appear only after many years (or even centuries) of failed attempts because they were working based on wrong ideas. Leonardo daVinci may have made many advanced (for his time) things, but he could not make a flying machine because he did not understood (and apparently nobody did until the 18th or 19th century) the mechanics behind flight. Also, there wasn't any real good power source to make airplanes until the end of the 19th century.

That is a good example of how many people though many years can try many ways of achieving something and fail because they have started based on wrong assumptions.

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP

Many inventions are just the result of the evolution of other inventions, like the microchip is the natural evolution of the transistor.

Other inventions, like airplanes, appear only after many years (or even centuries) of failed attempts because they were working based on wrong ideas. Leonardo daVinci may have made many advanced (for his time) things, but he could not make a flying machine because he did not understood (and apparently nobody did until the 18th or 19th century) the mechanics behind flight. Also, there wasn't any real good power source to make airplanes until the end of the 19th century.

That is a good example of how many people though many years can try many ways of achieving something and fail because they have started based on wrong assumptions.
ArmMaP, thank you for making your point in a civil manner as always:
what i wonder is HOW exactly we reached some results, why some projects have been covered by secret despite they were civil ones: what i wonder is how we get a microchip starting from a transistor: you're right, that has been the first step, but are you sure that the steps between these two technologies has been fully explained? Do you know some accounts about it? Official sources i mean ALL the steps? Do you know exactly the processes who allowed mankind to obtain these results? Since i'm sure that you know the differences between a transistor and a microchip, i'm sure that you know all the steps necessary to fill in this gap. These steps are the one to which i'm interested to.

[edit on 27/10/2007 by internos]

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 02:29 PM
link   

The microchip can be seen as a natural evolution of the transistor but not of the type of transistor from the photo you posted.

That transistor is a point-contact transistor. They were the first transistor but were soon replaced by bipolar junction transistors because these are cheaper to make and are more rugged.

The way bipolar junction transistors are made, "stamped" on a silicon chip, can be seen as the first step for the micro-chip.

People who have made their own printed circuit boards know that seeing a transistor made that way hints to the possibility of using the same system to make a complete board, we just need a way of making resistors and capacitors on the silicon.

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Internos, was your post trying to propel us to conclude is that there is no way possible stupid humans could have made the leap to the microchip without possible advanced alien intervention? Wrong, it's development is far from magic, and can be followed if you care to. Just because someone doesn't understand the technology, that does not mean that others do not. On the contrary, I know someone who can down a cupful of sand and crap a Pentium chip.

If that is not the intention of your post, can you clarify it for me...I am not grasping what you are trying to say.

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 03:59 PM
link   
In the absence of hardcore evidence of aliens, it's probably best to adopt a "wait and see" attitude until such evidence becomes available. Because when it comes to aliens, which are admittedly not recognized as part of our day-to-day experience, why should we settle for anything less? We may rely on circumstantial evidence when it comes to determining who stole from the cookie jar. We know that cookies and jars and the crumbs on little Mikey's face are real. But we can't really do the same with aliens.

As I've said before, convince me that UFOs are not ghosts or the souls of human beings, manifesting themselves in shapes that sometimes appear as flying saucers of glowing balls of colorful light. Are you enough of an expert on ghosts to tell me that ghosts can't behave that way? Or are you just drawing on common mythology, which is notoriously dubious?

In the same way, are you letting common mythology and your expectations lead you to a "conclusion" that isn't necessarily accurate? It could easily happen.

That's why it might be better to wait until absolute, hardcore, undeniable and unimpeachable proof becomes available. What's the hurry, anyway? If aliens do show up, it's likely to be far too calamitous to be a good thing in any way.

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Why the fuss and skepticism?

Simple: All the absolutely absurd claims and so far jump to conclusions its the physical eqivalent of trying to jump from Los Angeles to Hawaii without getting wet.

Ironically, none of your threads mikesingh has caused me to become more interested in the UFO phenomena. Its only caused me to become more skeptic.

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I honestly like Mike's threads, he's consistant with finding out the truth about alien life, whether it be on mars or the moon etc... Keep up the good work Mike
Just remember though that for something so big that's gonna change the world and the way we live and think will take undeniable, abolute fact and proof for most people to believe an alien intelligent life exist.

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 06:06 PM
link   
excellent post!

convincing & enlightening!

we're definitely not alone in the universe (see my signature) but our own ignorance and maybe 'fear' of other beings besides us often makes us blind!

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 06:07 PM
link   

This for sure is going to be interesting what will be like in 86 years, then!

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 06:20 PM
link   
A child isnt born a skeptic. It isnt even born intellectualizing or requiring evidence.

Its only amazed and open minded at the possibilities. It has no need to walk around all day putting down and wronging enthusiastic, awed, amazed, curious, investigating spirits who continually reach out into the unknown.

Only after a life of hardship and hardcore-schooling on an extremely limited view of things does a person start thinking "seen it all", "know it all". And with that inertia and boredom creep in. Followed by a cynical view of enthusiasm and pioneer-spirit. "Yeah, who cares." "Provide evidence". "Theres nothing out there man. Forget it." "Stop dreaming". "Stop looking for stuff you cant see". "I only believe in what I can see".

Many of our brightest minds at universities started out full of passion and curiosity....and after disappointments and hardships and rigid enforcement of consensus-views and peer pressure, have given in to the same type of mental sleep of "naw...its not true. theres no evidence. blah, blah." A record once singing of dreams turned into a broken record repetitive.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join