It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ah, to live in Canada!!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Tomis_Nexis

I cannot argue with you there....and it is supposed to snow here tomorrow, too bad my 24 is half gone.

I got enough left to watch my NASCAR race though!

[edit on 27-10-2007 by AccessDenied]

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

By far the greatest name in NASCAR history is.....Dick Trickle! hell ya.

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Yes that ranks in NASCAR history like Dick Butkiss does to football.
My Fav..Jimmie Johnson...but this belongs in the NASCAR thread...

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 04:28 PM
link   
We keep going off topic, I blame the :w: mostly on my part, ha!

All right, back on topic, we need the cold...the air is fresher, and cleaner, almost like clensing the smog. But I don't think you need -40 for it to happen or four feet of snow.

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Please don't say 40 below.....I don't want to think about it.
You know the snow would be great if it was packy snow, but it's always the powdery crap that is good for nothin'. NO SNOWMEN...

So what part of the great white north are you in?
I'm about halfway between Thunder bay and Toronto.

[edit on 27-10-2007 by AccessDenied]

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Right in Toronto. And packing snow sucks, can't even make a simple snowball...throwing packing snow...it just goes back in your face.

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Wow..you live in Metro TO?
Scary place for this small town girl.I have not been there in years.Spent a couple of months on the street there.Wound up at the shelter on Gerard St.
Then came home.
Winter there on the street..wow.
Slept in the Bay street terminal, the Eatons Center, Various apartment buildings, Froze my ass off.Subway vents are not as warm as they are made out to be either.
But that was 20 years ago.I'm sure much has changed since then.Last time I was there, 19 years ago...Honeymoon at the Delta Chelsea.

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by AccessDenied

Wow..you live in Metro TO?
Scary place for this small town girl.I have not been there in years.Spent a couple of months on the street there.Wound up at the shelter on Gerard St.
Then came home.
Winter there on the street..wow.
Slept in the Bay street terminal, the Eatons Center, Various apartment buildings, Froze my ass off.Subway vents are not as warm as they are made out to be either.
But that was 20 years ago.I'm sure much has changed since then.Last time I was there, 19 years ago...Honeymoon at the Delta Chelsea.

The city isn't bad at all, the problem is the people from the suburbs who come down on the weekend, I don't know why they act they way the act but my god are they ever odd people. Has much changed in the last 20 years? Hmm, yonge st is still under construction, the CN Tower is still a boring place, the skydome changed names, uh....the leafs will never win the cup
, it's not so bad in the city, aside from traffic.....or...city traffic in 3 feet of snow, fun fun fun.

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Equinox99

I am planning to start a healthy herbal tea business in Canada and I am already successful in the U.S. with my business. Any suggestions of which province or provinces to exspand into first with this one of a kind product I sell and distribute in the U.S. I can officially do business in Canada and can soon do business in Japan, Europe and Mexico. Rik

[edit on 28-10-2007 by rikriley]

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by rikriley

Ontario.Definitely.

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Thanks I will probably start with Torondo, a very cosmopolitan city. The distribution center is just out of Salt Lake City, Utah. Saskatuwan, Alberta and B.C. would be closer to the warehouse. I sell the Ziga herbal tea drink as fast as I recieve the cans. Our modo drink life in. www.drinklifein.com or go to www.myziga.com/lifetree

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Im surprized you guys didnt mention snowboarding/skiing as part of the wicked winters we get here.

nothing beats suiting up and flying down the hill at 20 clicks an hour with a face full of ice and a stomach full of beer.

I cant wait till the season starts. I already got my pass to Blue Mountain.

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by InSpiteOf

Well in winter, I have Seasonal Affective Disorder. I completely shut down.
I'm solar powered.
Sometimes I just spend the whole day in bed...or do not leave the house for days.
Winter is when I do my most reading.And this year..I'll be writing as well.
I'm not one for outdoor winter sports.

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 05:41 PM
link   

damn im sorry to hear that.

I used to hate winter because i was bored, then i took up snowboarding and winter improved. Then i took up drinking and all seasons improved, afterwards i combined the two and winter started to kick ass.

I dont know too much about your specific disorder, so forgive my ignorance with this question, is there no way you can get outdoors and enjoy the day?

[edit on 29-10-2007 by InSpiteOf]

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by InSpiteOf

On the days when it is sunny..I'll go for a walk.I live about 3 miles away from a shopping center.So I'll go there.The flourescent lighting there helps.
I try to concentrate on spring.I'm usually Ok till December. It is January through April that is Harsh for me.
I'm used to it...my family is used to it.We just work around it.

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by rikriley

I am planning to start a healthy herbal tea business in Canada and I am already successful in the U.S. with my business. Any suggestions of which province or provinces to exspand into first with this one of a kind product I sell and distribute in the U.S. I can officially do business in Canada and can soon do business in Japan, Europe and Mexico. Rik

[edit on 28-10-2007 by rikriley]

Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal. 3 Largest cities, Toronto is the business hub of Canada, so there is a good start. Place and product.

[edit on 29-10-2007 by Tomis_Nexis]

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 12:26 PM
link   
AccessDenied you are so my favorite writer. I am Canadian, well actually I am a reformed American that became a Canadian because we all know that everyone else in the world has a brain one third the size of Canadians, I know cause "It's Science."

:w:

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Jeez, you guys think you've got it bad? Around Newfoundland we've got roughly 4 feet already. Plus, we don't get deer collisions, we get moose collisions. 6' at the shoulder and will turn your car into a flat soda can.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join