It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Torture Complaint Filed Against Rumsfeld

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Torture Complaint Filed Against Rumsfeld

www.truthout.org

American and European rights groups filed a legal complaint in France accusing former U.S. Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld of responsibility for torture in Iraq and at Guantanamo Bay.

The complaint was filed with the Paris prosecutor's office as Rumsfeld arrived in France for a visit, according to the New York-based Center for Constitutional Rights, the Berlin-based European Center for Constitutional and Human Rights and two Paris-based groups, the International Federation of Human Rights and the League of Human Rights.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.nytimes.com

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Cool enough, but unfortunately another demonstration of symbolism and no matter the substance, and as long as the present order of the world exists, not a case that will lead anywhere. This is about the juristiction of the Criminal Court in The Haag. I think the neocon administration have made well understood anyone trying to hold it against them, not to mention the clique itself -alley or no-alley- will feell immediate consequences.

If justice existed in the dealings of man, things would be different, and until they come to that, this will only lead to more agression nations between. But the juristical system is the only standard to measure by, when decency in behavior and common sense in morals are so apart as they are.

My friend Willy from St Louis wouldn't agree with me in condamning the war, but the neocon clique we could agree on. About Rumsfeld he said:

"Look at him ...just like a Nazi !!!"

I think he just picked the wrong style in glasses.

The Topic, should Rumsfeld be kept accountable to the World, as he should to the American People?

www.truthout.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 09:35 AM
link   
To bump this thread, the story about how they tried to get Rumsfeld indicted in 2004 in Germany.

Abu Ghraib torture complaint names Rumsfeld

An international legal team has filed a criminal complaint against US Defence Secretary Donald Rumsfeld and other top US officials over the Abu Ghraib prisoner torture and abuse scandal in Iraq.

The New York-based Centre for Constitutional Rights (CCR) and Berlin's Republican Lawyers' Association have filed the complaint in Germany.

They say they and five Iraqi citizens mistreated by US soldiers are seeking a probe by German federal prosecutors of leading US policymakers.

The lawyers say that they have chosen Germany because of its Code of Crimes Against International Law, which was introduced in 2002.

The code grants German courts universal jurisdiction in cases involving war crimes or crimes against humanity.

It also makes military or civilian commanders who fail to prevent their subordinates from committing such acts liable.

"We filed these cases here because there is simply no other place to go," CCR vice president Peter Weiss said.

That's the essence in the dilemma of justice, if the crime is 'big', horrendous enough, there's no where to go.

"steal a little they'll throw you in jail, steal a lot they'll make you king"

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Funny how people like Saddam Hussein not only fails to get a fair trail but also gets executed, all while people like Rumsfeld, Cheney and Bush seems to be above the law.

The 9/11 commission was a complete white wash and extremely rigged to not give any conclusions leading back to the real criminals. These people are guilty of treason but will probably never face a court.

[edit on 27-10-2007 by Copernicus]

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I want to move to france. I have been thinking of leaving the us for a bit now france sounds great!

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I waterboarded Rummy last night. He was a tough nut to crack mind you. He said they needed to off Hussein during the comet sightings to fulfill prophesy.

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Sad how this criminals working for the elite in this world get away with crimes against humanity.

They get to play with humans lives at will and still walk with a smirk in their face and the feeling that they are invincible.

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Copernicus

Funny how people like Saddam Hussein not only fails to get a fair trail but also gets executed, all while people like Rumsfeld, Cheney and Bush seems to be above the law.

[edit on 27-10-2007 by Copernicus]
That's because they are the world's executioners.

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

Even the executer shall meet his executioner. One law they are not above, the Law of Karma, they shall meet their end in misery, suffering, begging for mercy. I.e. if they are humans. Sometimes I'm not sure.

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Here's another link to Rumsfeld in France. The source might be dubious, but I wouldn't fell safe in France if I were him.

Rumsfeld flees France fearing arrest

Under international law, authorities in France are obliged to open an investigation when a complaint is made while the alleged torturer is on French soil.

According to activists in France, who greeted Rumsfeld shouting "murderer" and "war criminal" at the breakfast meeting venue, US embassy officials remained tight-lipped about the former defense secretary's whereabouts citing "security reasons".

Anti-torture protesters in France believe that the defense secretary fled over the open border to Germany, where a war crimes case against Rumsfeld was dismissed by a federal court. But activist point out that under the Schengen agreement that ended border checkpoints across a large part of the European Union, French law enforcement agents are allowed to cross the border into Germany in pursuit of a fleeing fugitive.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Only tyrants from former French colonies can feel safe in France, like Papa Doc, Bokassa and many others did. Americans are not well looked upon - unless they are up against the ruling administration. Cannot excactly be said about Donald, despite he was sacked.

For the safety of Americans and their ability to move freely, the US has set out to conquer the world.

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 05:14 AM
link   
which begs the question why a humans right group hasnt filed charges int the US??? Or have they???? Guatanamo.....for xample.

However, I fear others here are simply right. For crimes this big, where do you go??? What do you do????

Einstien said upon handing the govt. the theory of relativity ' If you can't trust the govt. who can you trust? '

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Copernicus

That is because they are above the law. Actions speak louder than words. Accepting words as the truth in this current age will only lead to deception. It amazes me how if the government says something, so many accept it as the truth. It's a phenomenon.

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Let's take a closer look at Rummy.

Or Donald Henry Rumsfeld as his name answers.

He's 75 of age, so his merits are long as the day is evil... ?? ..or how is it you say?

His life seems to have been two thing only, business on boards and politics serving the red presidents since Eisenhover.

The controversy of running DoD is what his known for, but some will also know him for his role in negosiations with Saddam. No despot, hardly a tyrant back in those happy days of Ronald, where Donald had the job of go-between between Reagan and his special friend in Bagdad.

Some of us also think he arranged the transfer of technology and chemicals to produce gases to use in his Iranien campaign in the early 80s. Well, some of it he used in few Kurdish campaigns as well, with some people you can never be sure, so don't blame Don or Ron for that.

His private career was in pharmaceuticals, so you cannot really put a finger on him either, that he happened to be the brooker for Nutra Sweet, aspartam patented by the company of which he was CEO. Which again was bought by Monsanto.

That he just prior to the FDA approval had a successful career in the Ford administration you sure can't blame him.

Not to forget either, his role as GEO of ABB, Switzerland, who sold two light water nuclear reactors to North Korea, just some 10 months before he became Secretary of Defense.

I've heard he secretly waits and does his voodoo for a bird-flu outbreak..... he got shares in tamiflu vaccine too.
Already made him millions.

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by khunmoon
Here's another link to Rumsfeld in France. The source might be dubious, but I wouldn't fell safe in France if I were him.

Rumsfeld flees France fearing arrest

Under international law, authorities in France are obliged to open an investigation when a complaint is made while the alleged torturer is on French soil.

According to activists in France, who greeted Rumsfeld shouting "murderer" and "war criminal" at the breakfast meeting venue, US embassy officials remained tight-lipped about the former defense secretary's whereabouts citing "security reasons".

Anti-torture protesters in France believe that the defense secretary fled over the open border to Germany, where a war crimes case against Rumsfeld was dismissed by a federal court. But activist point out that under the Schengen agreement that ended border checkpoints across a large part of the European Union, French law enforcement agents are allowed to cross the border into Germany in pursuit of a fleeing fugitive.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Only tyrants from former French colonies can feel safe in France, like Papa Doc, Bokassa and many others did. Americans are not well looked upon - unless they are up against the ruling administration. Cannot excactly be said about Donald, despite he was sacked.

For the safety of Americans and their ability to move freely, the US has set out to conquer the world.

Damn now that's crazy, i imagine the guys who secretely waited for such a thing to happen: " Rummy is coming here, wake up!"
I don't think this will lead anywhere but at least that's a good try.
Plus, I can already see diplomatic tensions if he is arrested so i don't think that will happen anytime soon!

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by khunmoon

That is a perfect resume from any of the ones hoping to be part of the NWO elites.

You forgot his biggest accomplishment to privatize our military and allow for the private mercenaries to become indispensable and on government pay role.

After that he just resigned and looks like faded in the background but the truth is that he still very active.

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

I bet Hitler felt the same way, and look what he got!

These SOB's will get their due. Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but I believe that eventually the criminals currently running the US will be dealt with.

top topics

join