It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If an asteroid hits the earth tomorrow, how would you spend your last day?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I got asked that very same question today in one of my emails, except the person wanted to know how we'd spend our last hour.

Here's the scenerio:

You've just found out that the earth will be hit by an asteroid 24 hours from now.

One day. That's all we have.

Would you grab your loved ones and head to nearby caves, old bunkers, etc? Would you have time to run?

Knowing that freeways/highways and major routes would be swamped with vehicles, would you chance other routes?

Would you stay put, do nothing and resign yourself to the situation?

How would YOU choose to spend your time?

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 06:10 PM
link   
*Bump*

I'll start off by saying that if this was the case, I'd probably want to be with Family/Friends.

Who wants to croak alone?

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 06:14 PM
link   
I would spend my last day on earth just like I have spent the last few hundred days on earth, being with my friends facing death with a smile, probably in a truck, with the music up so loud you would swear you were floating.

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 06:21 PM
link   
I would spend it with the man I love, getting completely wasted, and having great sex.That would be all I would need...well cranking the music would be Sweet too.

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 06:31 PM
link   
have a threesome with 2 Fit birds

(that was a joke)

honestly, i don't know
spend it with family and then think to my self
the asteroid will most likely be completely destroyed by our toxic atmosphere

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 06:40 PM
link   
I would spend part of the day praying for forgivness of my sins then like
AccessDenied get hammered and make hot monkey love with my SO until the comet impact blew us away. If I could last that long.

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 06:52 PM
link   
So far, we have people:

* Cranking the bejeebers outta their music.

* Being with Loved ones and friends

* Making love

* Praying

What else would YOU do if you only had 24 hours left on earth?

[edit on 26-10-2007 by TheDuckster]

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Don't forget I prayed for forgivness of my sins.

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

I included that hon.

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 10:00 PM
link   
If I had 24 hours to spend.

I would spend it wisely.

"Not a soul on earth could deflect the astroid"

Mass religious hysteria, government breakdown.

I personally, would want a sense of composure.

If I knew that we were to have our lives ended within a 'blink of an eye', I would want to spend my time: Living out my life, the way I thought it would be:

"The best of the best."

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 10:06 PM
link   
I would get my children, grandkids, and friends and try to dig a hole somewhere in the side of a hill. Would also try to keep everyone calm and unafraid.

I already pray several times a day and would try to be be in a state of prayer till the end.

I think I would rather not know it was my last day.

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 10:06 PM
link   
I would get my children, grandkids, and friends and try to dig a hole somewhere in the side of a hill. Would also try to keep everyone calm and unafraid.

I already pray several times a day and would try to be be in a state of prayer till the end.

I think I would rather not know it was my last day.

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by dizziedame

NOBODY WANTS TO KNOW IF IT'S OUR 'LAST DAY'.

Nobody wants to know.

That's 'what I would think'.

I wouldn't want to know.

If I did know, to be honest?

How could I honestly spend my last hours on earth...knowing

If somehow, the knowledge was privy to me, I would wish to God, that I could turn back time....and NOT KNOW.

DENY IGNORANCE?

I would think at this time, it wouldn't matter.

When it came down to the 'crunch', I would be more happier knowing that I had people WHO'D LOVE ME and those who I'd love and respect be around me in my final moments.

What do YOU say?

[edit on 26-10-2007 by TheDuckster]

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Im with dizziedame on this one. I would collect my family and start digging a hole and then stuff it with provisions, hopefully enough to last a month or so.

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I can't really say what I'd do, because I'll get put on some watch list, but it involves an aircraft and wherever Bush and Cheney are.

But if I can't do that, I'd go to Chicago, get on the roof of the Sears Tower, and face whichever direction the asteroid is going to hit so I can see the view.

I wouldn't be sad either. I'd be happy and laughing.

Yeah, I'm screwed up. I don't care.

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I would definitely try to seek a shelter and bring the people I care about.

If I could, I would just ask people randomly if they knew any good hiding spots, or I could also just look it up on the internet and hopefully find something worth saving my life.

But these days, we know if an asteroid or comet is going to hit us, definitely if it's big enough to kill all organisms or humans in the world.

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 06:43 AM
link   
I would seek to find like anyone else if there is available safety or shelter and if not I would carry on as always without upsetting the kids. I certainly wouldn't go to work. I'd spend the last day closest to the ones I hold dear.

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by TheDuckster

Well TheDuckster, first of all, I don’t think that will ever happened, not because it is not possible, but because it will [I hope I am correct on this one] not be allowed to happen.

But if despite my expectation it will happen, I will end this live together surrounded by all my love ones.
And the only positive thought I will have then, is, that it will end for the time being all the terrible, inhumanely suffering on this beautiful planet.

[edit on 28/10/07 by spacevisitor]

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 12:24 PM
link   
It just occurred to me that when I first hear of the immanent comet collision, I should probably run down to the 7-11 and try and beat the crowds. Stock up real good on jerky, slimjims, pringles and a couple 6's of Corona.

Before I start praying for forgiveness of my sins and the hot monkey love.

After all what good is a great global catastrophe without the proper snacks?

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Id say goodbye to my family, get together with my girlfriend and party like there was no tomorrow...oh, wait..

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join