It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Solanum: Real or Fake?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Fake or not, I still have my zombie plan.

What's that? You don't have a zombie plan?

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 09:45 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   
you wanna reanimate the dead, go find an ancient Indian burial ground, and bury the body of your dead dog in it. But just remember what goes into the ground doesn't come back as the same fluffy that went into it. playing with the dead is not a good idea.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Nemox42

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   
I know a "zombie like" creature is possible. All youd have to do is block the saratonin receptors in the brain, and you have a mindless killing machine. Ive wondered if chemtrails could do such a thing, after long term exposure.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 07:57 AM
link   
A 28 Days style rage virus would be more plausible than a flesh eating reanimated corpse virus...

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by xhorrorgasmx

I can understand what your saying but think we already have cannibals.
Maybe the reannimation is not as good as they make it in the films, but think after dyind your body starts to decay including your brain.

So maybe the only thing thats working in the brain is giving them basic natural instincs.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Katori
Solanum is the name of the zombie-creating virus from the Zombie Survival Guide. It is entirely fictional, as that is a fictional book.

However:

That's not to say that zombies are fictional, or will always be fictional. That's not to say that a virus similar to solanum couldn't be mutating right now. And that's not to say that the Zombie Survial Guide doesn't give some pretty good tips on how to survive undead pandemic.

But as it stands, the ZSG is a work of fiction, and there are no known zombism-inducing viruses. Zombies will most likely always remain fictional. Still, the book is a good read
. As fiction.

Wrong name for the drug, it does kind of exist:

Scopolamine - percentage chance of zombifying a human

The CIA used it in MK ULTRA as well if that gives you any ideas.

I wonder if that is what they gave Sirhan Bishara Sirhan.

On March 3, 1969, in a Los Angeles courtroom, Sirhan said that he had killed Kennedy "with 20 years of malice aforethought," although he has maintained since being arrested that he has no memory of the crime.[8] The judge did not accept this confession and it was later withdrawn.

[edit on 19-1-2009 by Ex_MislTech]

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by theghosthorsman

in my opinion it is very possible for the virus solanum to be real... think of all the other viruses we haveand what they are capable of... From what i understand about how solanum works it is completely and biologically possible for this virus to exist

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   
well i think that this virus could be real SOMEDAY. but for now it is totally fictional. like take 28 days/weeks later, the only reason the zombies eat people is because the virus was started by angry monkeys the goverment was testing with (the virus is called rage incase you dont know). now take resident evil, this is a expirimental virus that accidentally started to spread. now if you combine the 2 doeasn't it seem plausable? i think so.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 06:11 PM
link   
well almost everyone who has posted this has successfully used little to no logic in their posts and then fallowed it by zombie stereotyps of mindless brain eaters... first off a zombie outbreak is more than likely soon to arrive, with the advances in medicine and science over the past decade its not too much of a stretch for some government funded scientist to try to find a way to bring a dead soldier back to life or even enhance the abilities of a living one. Second if a zombie infection is created it will more likely turn the host into an over agressive super-being whos only instincs are to kill and eat not a mindless rotting undeveloped man. Finally if zombies do come into existance they will most likely not be smething from a movie or videogame so stop assuming that when it happens you will be able to get your shotgun and do as you please, you will most likely be pissing your pants in a basement crying and wondering why you weren't lucky enough to die... the shotgun will only be fired once.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Check out a book titled The Serpent and the Rainbow by Wade Davis. Published by Simon and Schuster. ISBN 978-06848-39295. A movie of the same title was made loosely based on the book. Real interesting store about ethnobotanical creation of zombies. The book is non-fiction.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 02:23 AM
link   
reply to post by zombiesarepossible

If Zombism is real it would probabally relate most closely to the resident evil novels by S.D.Perry.
but what i beleive would be a mutation of rabies that causes the cell to repair itself, but on the same level requires a great deal of food to do this. rabies would cause the zombie to attack anything that moves or makes sound, and the need for fuel would make the zombie it its victim, or try to if it isnt living, cats, dogs, men, unicorns would all be affected. but if it doesnt recieve its fuel, it dies because rabies is slowly killing it and the cells cant repair themselves because they are receiving no fuel.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Everyone talks about a virus but what if it was more of a parasite that can cause 'zombieism'? There are some creatures that can influence their 'hosts'.

Like the snails in the following link..

Parasite Influence on Host Behaviour...

Parasites manipulate the behavior of intermediate hosts in such a way as to facilitate their being eaten by the parasite's final host. Another example is flukes of the genus Leuchochloridium whose intermediate hosts are snails and final hosts birds. The fluke invades a snail and migrates into the snail's horn below its eye stalk. Normal snails are light averse but infected snails seek light and thus remain exposed.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by JBurns

It's all about biology and science, my friend.

You're right, it is, and both tell us that a virus can't create an army of roving, mindless zombies.

BS

Zombie Mice

enough of this "highly unlikely" BS.

get off your high horses of decade old smugness and do some freaking research for once.

woah woah.. you're saying terrorists wouldn't want to get their hands on some nasty undead-pandemic stuff?

if something like that exists.. like it does... there's gonna be someone who wants to use it en masse.

fools.

=

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by theghosthorsman
but if there is a virus im just gonna call it Solanum for now till we get a real name oh and im gonna try to reanimate a body

Where are you going to get a body from?

And how are you going to reanimate it?

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   
ive read the book Zombie survival guide, and it makes it sound very realistic. Ive also done some research on the recorded attacks in the back of the book, and have found sites that tell the same, or similar stories about the outbreak, and dont even mention the name of the book or its author. So, who can say it is not real? Then again, who can say it is? My opinion is, that the book is so detailed and instructive that it might as well be real. well, actually, if these outbreaks really did happen, everyone would be told. Most of the more recent stories in the book about outbreaks say the government tried to cover up the truth, and succeeded. So how would Max Brooks know? hm... I'll have to give it some thought... Anyways, i have my zombie defense plan. Do you?

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   
i have a zombie defense plan too!

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by sir_chancealot

ive gots a zombie defense plan!

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by theghosthorsman

actually, if the virus cells somehow go into him threw a cut or something, he could've gotten infected. Have you read Max Brooks's The Zombie Survival Guide? If not, i suggest you do.

Do you have a zombie defense plan? If you dont have one, i suggest you make one quickly. A man on the news a few days ago was taken to a hospital a few miles away from me because some "maniac" BIT him. No news of zombies have been heard of yet, and it takes only ONE day for an infected person to become a zombie. (read The Zombie Survival Guide for more details.) Even though it happened a few DAYS ago, im still prepared. just in case.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join