It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wiretaps by the government

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Since 9/11 has anyone else had a hint your phone may be being tapped by some government agency for no (logical) reason? If so, how can you tell? Also, is it possible to know if they are intercepting emails and other internet activities?

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 10:24 AM
link   
i think they have some kind of system where certain words are checked for in emails etc...and if found are sent to some central computer for further investigation, i really don't know for sure

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 09:23 PM
link   
If you're phonecalls are being monitored, you'll probably never notice. Your telephone wire isn't tapped into anymore since most calls are handled digitally now. The government just has to make a copy of the data or analyze it in realtime.

To get an idea of what sorts of intercept capabilities exist at the level of the phone network, look over this:

www.cyber-rights.org...

Many people have argued that a mass intercept program is impractical because of data throughput and storage requirements. I don't know if these arguments take into account the liklihood that intelligence agencies have technologies like quantum computers and holographic data storage at their disposal:

superconductorweek.com...

Moreover, most analyses of computing power are based on numerical calculations. In actuality, it's somewhat arbitrary to treat computers as fancy calculators. They're logic machines just as much as they're arithmetic machines. I imagine there's a whole world of novel computing strategies out there:

mathworld.wolfram.com...

[edit on 27-10-2007 by America Jones]

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 09:36 PM
link   
My toaster makes strange blips and blurps in the morn. Sometimes my toast comes out with the image of Cheney and Bush. The ignomanity!

new topics

top topics

join