It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Big Weekend!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Allright! The last weekend before Halloween!
Saturday we're going to carve a pumpkin to get a practice round before the night before Halloween's annual pumpkin slashing.

Sunday we're taking my son and his nephew to Sesame Place! It's pretty cool. This Sunday the Park closes down to the general public. Only special needs children and their families are permitted. Like Willie Wonka, you need to have a golden ticket to get in.
Well my little Oompa Loompa is bouncing off the walls. I'm posting this because he just called me at work on my cell. Yes he has mastered the art of the phone.

"Daddy? Is it Sunday yet?"

"Nope. Not yet Buddy."

"Are we still going to go see Elmo?"

"You bet we are!"

"Yay! Are you coming home soon Daddy."

"In a little while Dude."

"Hurry up. I miss you."

"I'll be home in a little while Buddy."

"Will it be Sunday when you get home?"

"Nope."

"Why not? I want it to be Sunday"

"Tomorrow we have to go to the Superstore right?"

"Yes?"

"So what day do we go to the Superstore?"

"Saturday."

"So that means that tomorrow is Saturday, right?"

"Uh-huh."

"Well then Little Dude, the NEXT day is Sunday."

"Oh."

"well hurry home anyway."

"I'll be home as soon as I can Buddy."

"Bye bye daddy, I love you."

"Love ya right back buddy."

I know I'll be asked non stop for the next 48 hours about Sunday. Should be a great time. I'll fill you all in after the trip!

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 03:28 PM
link   
All I will say is if I was a kid again...I would want You for a dad...
My friend you are the Coolest.

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 03:29 PM
link   
My computer apparently wanted you to know that too.
Hence the double post...

[edit on 26-10-2007 by AccessDenied]

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Dude I'm so with you on this one!

Part of my boy's homework was to make a carry bag for their candy at the Halloween party his school is having. So the wife, my son and I all sat on the floor cutting out Pumpkin shapes and sticking face bits on them. My son put the faces together, some strange combinations, but cool all the same!! Then we stuck, taped and stappled them all together to make a basket kind of thing. Yay!

I'm thinking we did a good job. Not so. My boy gets all up set. "I don't like it Daddy" and I'm like. "But it's really good. Why don't you like it?" Here we go the power of the three year old memory!

"You said I can have a real pumpkin Daddy. I don't like this one Daddy. It's paper. You get me a real pumpkin? OKay!"

Busted! I did, your right! we'll go to the shops and get one.

So far the only ones I can find are the size of my boys head or smaller, gunna keep looking over the weekend or just get a small one on sunday if we have to.

Have a great weekend.

Monkey

[edit on 26/10/07 by ChiKeyMonKey]

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Big weekend for sure!

Reminds me that I should view Life with the eyes of a child, waiting in delighted anticipation for future events, guided by wisdom when I'm in error, but always grounded in Love.

The posts take me back to Halloweens when my sons were little and to the grim reaper robe I made with a large piece of black cloth for my older son. The cape went through several annual reincarnations, becoming a vampire cape, an alien outfit, a ninja warrior outfit, and then finally cut into pieces of varying sizes to accessorize other costumes.

Sounds like you'll have a fun time with the boys, lom!

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 09:04 AM
link   
So yesterday was the big day!
Yep, we got up early - I think he got up around 5:00 am.

Anybody who's a Warner Brothers, Looney Toons fan might remember:

"I wanna Easter Egg, I wanna Easter Egg, I wanna Easter Egg..........."

Well I felt like I was livin' it and stuff.

"Can we go yet, can we go yet, can we go yet..........."

So we get ready, and drive to my sister in laws house to pick up my nephew.

So we get there, and have the daunting task of pulling the car seat out of her car and putting it in my car. Jeezus. Snaps, buckles, clips, belts........
OK, the darn thing took me 15 minutes just to get out of her car. Now I have to put it in my car. Oh joy. Why can't I just super glue the darn thing to the seat?
My wife is just sitting there with her hands on her hips looking at me with 'that look' that I've come to see quite often.

OK, so I get it in.

We pack all the stuff. I don't think Edmund Hillary packed as much gear when he ascended Everest.

Jackets, changes of clothes, an entire orchards worth of juicy juices, enough milk that there's one cow that's downright exhausted.......

"Ready little Dudes?"

"Yeah!"

"Yeah!"

"Allright let's go!"

"Yay!"

"Yay!"

So we buckle everyone in, and get moving.

"Uncle lombozo, I'm hungry."

"Me too Daddy. I'm hungry."

So we head to the Diner. After feasting on grilled cheeses and hot dogs we finally start our hour long journey to Sesame Place. Yeah!

We're on the road, and 10 minutes into our trip:

"Uncle lombozo, I have to poop."

'serenity now, serenity now!'

So I start looking for some place that has a public restroom. Suddenly I hear."

"What are you doing? You're not going to pull into a dirty rest stop are you. You are such an idiot."

'SERENITY NOW!'

So I find a place where satan, errrrm my wife, deemed appropriate. Allright, we get all done with the business at hand, and get back in the car. Off we go.

"Daddy, I'm thirsty."

Oh great, the cooler is in the back.

"Allright little Dude I have to pull over."

"You're not going to pull over on the side of the road are you. What are you thinking."

Mind you we are on I95, there is nowhere to pull into. I'm thinking to myself 'Hmmmmmm, I wonder how hard it would be to get into suicide bomber school.'

OK, so we get to the park. and sit in line to park in the lot. 20 minutes later we finally get to the booth.

"$25.00 please."

"WHAT!"

"You're in the preferred lot Sir."

"Well where is the loser lot?"

"Will you just pay him, I'm not waiting anymore. Use your head."

'SERENITY NOW!'

We go into the park, and the very first thing there is a roller coaster. I LOVE roller coasters!

So we sit in the line for a half an hour. My nephew is not very good at waiting. Several tantrums later we finally get onto the coaster. My wife with my nephew, and me with my son. Off we go!
The kids were screaming with delight. It was awesome. When the rided ended we had to coax the kids off. They wanted to go again.

"Allright little dudes, let's go see the rest of the park."

So we're walking around. I had mentioned that the park was open for special needs children and their families. I feel so unbelievably lucky. There are kids in wheelchairs, little bald children, and we know what that means. Kids whose limbs are 'twisted' up. Kids who are absolutely oblivious to their surroundings.

"Li'l lombozo. Come here. I need a hug."

So we went and saw the Sesame Street show. It was really cool. The Count stole the show.

After a couple hours of walking around and buying baubles, we line up to see the Sesame Street parade. Tell you what. This park does it right. All the kids were giggling and laughing with joy. It was spectacular. The characters ran up and down the street and interacted with all the kids. Floats, enormous balloons, dancers. Cool stuff.

So by now I have two sleepy little indians on my hands. Time to go home.

We go and drop off my nephew.

"Thank you uncle lombozo."

"You're welcome little Buddy."

We get home, unpack and get settled.

"Daddy can we watch Elmo?"

"Sure thing."

I make popcorn, and we pop in his favorite Elmo tape.
5 minutes later he's asleep in my lap.

All is good with the world. Lord, thank you for reaching down and touching me.

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 09:10 AM
link   
here is the thing that i think is cool about you lombo.

the way you talk to your kids man.

callin em little dude and buddy and stuff like that.

i so the same thing with my son. he is 11.

i don't think i ever call him by his name...

he calls me up and if it is not from his phone, i answer and the first thing i hear is something 'hey vanilla face'(from borat)

then i reply with a 'whats up homie or whats up duder or any variation of.

it's really cool cause it's like a thing we have together...
it's just our thing..

i get that same vibe from you...thats cool

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Boondock78

Thanks, I appreciate that.
Yep, we call each other a variety of things. Does it get any cooler?

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 07:33 PM
link   
"God, grant me the serenity that Lombozo has!"

Sesame Place sounded fun!

You have the gift of understanding what is important in Life. Some people will never know what is important, or know too late.

With Fall here and holiday season, what's next for little Dude and Dad?

top topics

join