It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

crazy story

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Yeah well my sister was tellin me this crazy storey that her friend from college had told her. It goes like this:

My sisters friend Sarah was a camp counselor at 'Camp Shalom' somewhere in Canada. It's a camp for inner city kids or poor kids. Sarah worked in the kitchen there and this one Sunday morning she was supposed to go to chapel, but she was feeling really awful but didn't know why. So she satyed in her cabin and prayed. At lunch she noticed everyone was just feeling awful and didn't know how to explain it.

That afternoon an extremely old woman arrived there by a taxi cab. No one knew who she was, and she explained that she just wanted to help out. Since it is a very laid back camp, they said she could help out in the kitchen. Sarah worked with her a few times and noticed that she was quite bossy but overall tolerable.

The next day they had this bible study for the counselors and the old lady came. She took out this extremely worn bible that had all these book markings and pages all highlighted. She got angry at the counselors and called them bad christians and told them they knew nothing of the bible. She claimed she had a friend who went to hell and came back to life three times. The counselors didn't really know how to deal with this so they tried they're best to ignore her.

Sarah went and talked to one of the head counselors and told the counselor that she thought the lady was crazy and that they should try and kick her out. After talking with the counselor she left the room they were in and the old lady walked up to her down the hall and started yelling, "I KNOW WHAT YOU SAID."

The next morning two girls from one of the cabins came running and screaming saying one of the girls had been thrown against a wall by nothing. The old lady was also making things only worse by screaming at people calling everyone "evil people." They kicked her out and she left in a taxi. They found in her room that she had left a chair and hay, yes hay. I guess the chair simbolized that she was always welcome back, so the counselors burned the chair and the hay. No one knows what the hay represented but after she left everyone felt as if a cloud had lifted and things went back to normal. I guess another weird thing that occured to Sarah was that the lesson for the kids that week was "spiritual Warfare."

Yeah thought I'd share that story, kinda creeped me out. Heres the website of the camp. www.countrysidecamp.com...

[Edited on 28-1-2004 by Reed]

posted on Jan, 28 2004 @ 11:52 PM
link   
weird....
sounds like the "old woman" was maybe a demon trying to lead people astray by telling them a false version of the Bible or something?

posted on Jan, 29 2004 @ 01:21 AM
link   
witch of some sort.... strangly enough I believe it, its spooky enough to be true...

posted on Jan, 29 2004 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Netchicken
witch of some sort.... strangly enough I believe it, its spooky enough to be true...

OMFG! quick, make a joke and it will just go away.

posted on Jan, 29 2004 @ 04:48 AM
link   
Wow. can't wait to hear the end of this one!

new topics

top topics

join