It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comparing San Diego Fires to Katrina

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 01:24 PM
link   
The events that recently transpired in San Diego were differrent than that of Katrina. While it is true hurricane Katrina caused more physical damage than the San Diego Fires, the government seemed to be a bit more on the ball this time.

Is the government on the ball in San Diego simply because the local and state leaders of California are simply better at their job than those in Louisianna? Or is there something more sinister at work?

Keep in mind that San Diego is mostly Republican. It also more Caucasian than New Orleans. While California is now a Democratic state, it can and has swung Republican. (The current governor is a Republican.) The people of San Diego are also typically wealthier than the people of New Orleans. This being said, is it possible the government got its act together to save the property and lives of well to do, White Republicans?

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 11:50 AM
link   
If a fire is coming, you get out of the way. If a hurricane is coming you should do the same thing.

These are both local government issues. The repudiation of (D) Kathleen Blanco, and election of (R) Bobby Jindal in Louisiana shows that.

Sometimes it takes a disaster to clean things up, and Louisiana is moving in the right direction! Senator Mary Landrieu in next!

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 12:24 AM
link   
I hate when people compare the two.

While there are similarities, the two situations are quite different, and I'd argue Katrina was on a WHOLE different level. I mean even get into the economics, mainly is the reason for the different responses.

Califonia rich, Louisiana poor.

[edit on 14-11-2007 by quixotical]

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Come on, you apparently are not aware of WHY BOTH events happened. Massive global weather change, caused by the massive increase in solar flares, caused by the incoming star and planet X. This is only a prequil of all that is about to transpire around the world. The government will get better at responding for awhile, then become overwhelmed, because it will not stop, but greatly increase. The collective global temperatures have only risen a couple degrees, but the weather is changing considerably. I lived in the middle of the SD Firestorm, and we had 100mph winds hitting us. I had just cleared out the debris around my place, for a couple hundred feet. It made zero difference in 100mph winds. Nothing you can do but flee. Rebuild, and it happens again. But hopefully you are better prepared. Now, my place burned to the ground, and FEMA refused to give me a trailer, but my millionaire neighbor got two for his six children. They did give me some money which I used to buy a RV. I was trying to get the fridge to work on electricity, not propane, and started a fire. It burned. I hate fire. Didn't lose much, I already lost almost everything. I recently was offered a job up in Yosemite, but I declined as it was at entry level pay and would have COST me to go up there and work. So now I am considering Costa Rica...

new topics

top topics

join