It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Red Flag @ Nellis AFB (aka Area 51)

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by hiii_98

Air Force Proving Grounds

The location is 10 miles west of Zion National Forest's entrance. Its strange but Google Maps used to label this military facility as "US Air Force Proving Grounds". Now on Google Maps there is no label. Borders of the factility are no longer defined either. According to the locals, this facility was where they tested ejection seats.

Anyways, when you drive from La Verkin heading to Springdale (Zion National Forest), you will see the mesa. There are a bunch of microwave dish towers and some other emplacements along the rim of the mesa. You make a left on Mesa Road, which will take you directly to the entrance of this facility. This facility has similar signs as Area 51. Those signs say something like, "under electronic survelliance" and "passing this sign is a federal crime or something".

I have only driven to this facility once. As I drove back down from the mesa, I noticed two figures on top of the mesa standing on its edge. They were watching me drive down.

If you accept this mission, I wish you best of luck. Post any videos or photos you make during your trip. I would be very interested in knowing what you find.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by guppy

Hi Guppy,

Not sure what is happening there to-day but the following link provides a great history and pictures. If you notice in your Google shot near the first building there are several 'cockpits'.

www.airfields-freeman.com...

Will be passing through the area this summer so will make a detour.

Peace!

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by The Wave

Great find for the facility's history. Talking to the locals also revealed that the trailer that overhangs from the southern cliff used to be a restaurant. The locals say the facility is still active. Last year, locals saw 3 Apache gunships flying from the west to the facility. Even FAA says the facility is active:

Hurricane Mesa Airport - Info

Ejection seat testing is great for official channels. But what is really going on inside that mesa. Just knowing that a portapotty is used as an entrance sparks my curiosity. My friend who saw those 4 uniformed soldiers knew he was in deep poo-pee because he was flying within the facility's restricted flyzone.

Hey, we might bump into each other this summer when I make another trip around those 3 states -- Nevada, Arizona, and Utah.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by guppy

Hi Guppy,

Sorry to initially derail the thread but found your post interesting.

Back on topic, I'm currently living in Berlin and a friend here was a Tornado pilot in the Lufwaffe - verified as I have met the Defence minister through him whilst attending a miltary function. The pilot took part in one Red Flag excercise and was adamant about not crossing into 'The Box' of Area 51. Without solicitation he related the story of the pilot whose wingtip crossed the line whilst trying to evade a collison and on landing was immediately grounded.

I showed him the Nellis bombing range and Area 51 on Google Earth and whilst acknowledging the targets and dummy airfields, he also made the comment that we are only allowed to see what they want us to see.

Anyway - will be in same area (Arizona, Colarado, Utah, Nevada and little of California) at beginning of Sept - I'm easily recognised - totally bald, about 3' 6" and grey..... :-) :-)

Peace!

[edit on 17-2-2009 by The Wave]

[edit on 17-2-2009 by The Wave]

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by mtmaraca
Nellis AFB is not the same thing as Area 51. Nellis has a large range facility and of course not all of the planes taking off from Nellis will be headed for Groom Lake. I can't think of a reason why Red Flag would involve black programs or Area 51 or anything like that.

This is correct! It has nothing to do with Area 51 or Groom Lake stuff.

My father used to do red flag back in the days of the F86 and he told me that there were times when it was so hot that the planes would plow into the sand at the end of the runway because they couldn't get enough lift to get off the ground..... The funniest thing I have ever seen was taking my dad to see Top Gun, he sat in his seat with a make believe stick in his hand, leaning, doing it all like was live there again in his early days. He was 76 at the time...

[edit on 17-2-2009 by GrndLkNatv]

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by GrndLkNatv

That is a hilarious story about your dad and Top Gun. I've known a couple people, especially this hot babe, who joined the Air Force because of this movie. Sure was inspiring.

Does your dad have any more interesting stories about Red Flag? Flying from Nellis AFB? Or flying thru the test ranges?

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 09:31 AM
link   

No prob about the derail. It brought back memories of Hurricane Mesa Airport.

I'll make sure I keep an eye out for a 3'6" grey in the summer. I shall make the official greeting of "Nanu nanu!"

That really sucks about that Tornado Pilot being grounded for only a wing tip crossing the line. Not very encouraging when you fly across the pond just to get grounded on a technicality.

It does make you wonder about "The Box". Whatever we see is just the tip of the iceberg. How much more secure and secret can you get by being underground?

[edit on 18-2-2009 by guppy]

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by guppy

Hi Guppy - should have said 'a' pilot - wan't my pilot friend who was grounded - don't want to get the Luftwaffe a bad name!

Incidentally, he also told me that flying fighter jets is simple; joystick forward - 'Big house', joystick back - 'Little house!' :-)

Believe Area 51 has undersground 'facilities' but not convinced by national tunnel network et al.

Happy hunting.

Peace!

[edit on 18-2-2009 by The Wave]

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Happy hunting to you as well, Wave.

Nothing bad to say about the Luftwaffe. They flyboys sure know their stuff.

Fighter pilots are awesome. But I have more respect for combat chopper pilots. Those guys are the kings of multi-tasking. In combat, they have to be aware of the entire battlefield. They serve as support, sometimes spearhead, and always scout/recon. Chopper pilots require to pilot to give their gunner the optimal shot. Most of all, they do all this while flying the chopper at high speeds, low altitude. They must be aware of the enemy, trees, telephone and electrical lines. Truly kings of multi-tasking.

I honestly believe our gov't has huge underground bases across the globe. But I too am skeptical on a massive underground network, especially an underwater network starting from the Pacific to Nevada that is big enough for submarines to fit. I would not throw out of the possibility of a massive nation-sized underground network. Solid evidence is required.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by guppy

Won't de-rail again - re Red Flag again pilot told me the pattern (which I'm sure is known) is to fly east over Rachel and refuel then engage over the Nellis range, eithe on ground attack or in aerial combat depending on the excercise.

PS Agree re helicopters - they are amazing and difficult to fly. Watched a paramedic helicopter land in a a car park near my flat recently - trees and cars all around but the speed and presicion was incredible.

Re networks - beieve there are underground facilities but not linked - why trucks, Janets access roads....?

Peace!

<< 1  2   >>

join