It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bandit, my kitty

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 11:55 AM
link   

sadly today my kitty who appeared in the Halloween pet competition had to be put down today

He was diagnosed with feline aids and this past 2 weeks his aids turned in to full blown aids,

We have tried over the past 2 weeks to save his life with the vets, But sadly today his scan showed he had gone past any help.

We have for the past week lived each days like his last. I took him outside to run in the grass and he has been held much of the days, and at night I have had to hold him through them to keep him happy,

I'm going to miss him so much, he was one of my first kitties that I rescued.

R.I.P Bandit,

To other pet owners its really worth looking up Cat aids as it can lay doorment for several years,

[edit on 26-10-2007 by asala]

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Asala, my condolences. I don't really know what to say.
I know that you made the last days as comfortable as possible.
You have a great heart.
Sorry for your loss.

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I didn't even know there was such a thing as feline AIDS!

Sorry to hear it asala.

Peace

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I am soooo sorry Asala, brought tears to my eyes my friend...

I have a beautiful baby named Bandit as well...
A rescue kitty like all of mine and I can not imagine the heartbreak I would feel losing her....

I am truly sorry for your loss....

Semper

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Thanks for your kind words, I just needed to get it out, I feel such at a loss at the moment as its only been a few hours, I guess i thought just maybe something at the last moment would turn up to save him,

Also want to thank Dohboy for coming with me and holdng Bandit today,

[edit on 26-10-2007 by asala]

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I'm sorry As, that's just so sad.

I would be completely heartbroken if I lost either of my cats.

I'm just so sorry.

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by asala

Awww Sis.. Im sooo sorry, that is so terrible
You must be feeling awful right now, pets are a part of the family also . Losing a pet can be like losing a loved one.
*Hugs*

--Min

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Oh Asala
I'm so sorry. It's always hard to let them go, but not if they are suffering. I have an extra kitty if you want him...he keeps messing up my kitchen, and bathroom rugs...he's a playful little guy!

Hugs* I'm sorry!

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 12:54 PM
link   
That's so sad. I know from your previous posts how much you loved that cat. Sorry for your loss.

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I'm sorry, Asala. It's always a hard thing to lose a pet. Especially one's that you adopt. You do know that they are adopting you right? From one cat lover, and dog lover, to another a big hug and an I'm so sorry.

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Oh Asala I'm so sorry for your loss. I have a kitty named Bandit too. She's a grumpy 17 year old rescue that I love to pieces. Hugs to you.

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Thoughts are with you asala. We rescue cats as well. Currently we have three, down from 6 earlier this year. One found a new home, and two past away on us.
The first one to pass on was our Girl "Daisy". She was a stray we took in and had for 13 years.(I'm tearing up now..been a few months but still).
I really miss her.She was the best most well behaved cat.She picked us for a family, and that is the way we always felt about her.
It gets easier with time, just keep the memories alive, and always keep the pictures close at hand.

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I'm sorry to hear about your cat Asala. Its terrible having to put a long time pet down.

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 04:01 AM
link   
Asala I am sorry to hear about your loss. As a cat lover I have seen more then my fair share of beloved cats get run over or just disappear So I know how you are feeling about now.

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 04:07 AM
link   
I'm really sorry about your loss.

I know it's very sad when we lose our pets.

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 11:32 AM
link   
I really am sorry to hear about you losing your cat Bandit, Its like losing a family member when a beloved pet dies.
I had to have my dog Bishop put down due to cancer a few years ago and its very heart breaking and can take a lot out of you.
My thoughts are with you and if theres anything I can do please let me know.

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Sorry for his loss, he was a brave lil guys it sounds.
My kitty family and I will say a prayer.

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 09:43 PM
link   
I am so sorry for your loss. I have had to put a few animals down and it is the hardest thing to have to do, I feel for you. The loss of an animal that gives so much love is hard. Thanks for heads up on feline aids, I have 8 cats and will have them checked when they go to vet this coming weekend. Again my condolences on your loss, Bandit look like he was a sweetheart.

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 06:16 AM
link   
thank you all so much for your kind words, Really has ment alot to me,

Now a few days have passed im looking at the facts that he would have been in so much pain if he would have lived today,

My Blind cat bubbles is very quiet at the moment and keeps meaowing randomly, So we think she is missing him already,

But again thank you all.. I really was a mess and needed the support,
Hugs all,

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 09:34 AM
link   
asala, having three cats today and made the decision in the past over one of our old boys, it's the hardest decision to make but to me the ultimate honour we can pay a member of our family.

And yes, our cats and the rest of the animals, big and small are family members.

asala, hang in there and think of all the great times with bandit

new topics

top topics

join