It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran dismisses the chance of a US strike

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Iran dismisses the chance of a US strike

news.yahoo.com

TEHRAN, Iran - The head of Iran's elite Revolutionary Guards dismissed the possibility of a U.S. military action against Iran and warned that his forces would respond with an "even more decisive" strike if attacked, an Iranian news agency reported Friday.

--------------------------------------

Asked about the possibility of an American strike on Iran, Jafari told reporters late Thursday that, "These words are just exaggerations, and I don't consider them a threat," the news agency ISNA reported.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Poke the bear, poke the bear. I admire their stance on this matter. Airstrikes alone, IMO, would pretty much trip 'em up for a few years and they still laugh in the face of danger!

Of course I remember Saddam saying things like this too.

Gotta poke the bear.

Cuhail

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Cuhail

then again what did Saddam have?

a couple thousand tanks (most just rust buckets) from the cold war, lion of Babylons

a crippled air force with lack of training due to no fly zones in their own country. so they decided to bury their fleet.

a disorganized army which fled in the sight of danger

defectors from high ranking military officials giving away everything,

Iraq and Iran are two different playing fields

those who think Iraq is like Iran (God Help them)

[edit on 26-10-2007 by bodrul]

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 11:15 AM
link   
This is the part that really stands out to me:

The sanctions have heightened resentment of the United States among some in the public. But they are also fueling criticism among Iranian politicians that President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad is mismanaging the crisis with hard-line stances that worsen the standoff with the West.

news.yahoo

I have heard that Ahmadinejad isn't very popular with anyone. His collegues within the Iranian Parlmt. are backing away and the ayatollas are slowly stopping to back him.
Being a tough guy is cool and all, but, there's a line he's approaching with his own people and I'm not sure they want him to cross it.

Cuhail

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Cuhail

i was watching a video from the BBC
where they were talking to Iranians and a institute

the iranians are saying they have gone through this before and they are more united and they can survive with the US sanctions and it will just be normal day for them.

also looks like Russia and china don't want to play game with the US on this

news.bbc.co.uk...

US Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice says the measures are to "confront the threatening behaviour of the Iranians".

But both China and Russia criticised the sanctions. Russian President Vladimir Putin likened the US move to "mad people wielding razor blades".

Earlier, US Assistant Secretary of State Nicholas Burns criticised Russia for selling weapons to Iran and China for investing in the country.

also watch the video on the right

[edit on 26-10-2007 by bodrul]

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Let's not forget the support of Russia and China that Iran has. It makes it easier for them to "poke the bear".

That being said, this is Iranian propaganda, meant for the Iranian people, just as we and every other country on the planet do to win mass support and confidence. It's "Ruling 101".

Peace

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr Love

That being said, this is Iranian propaganda, meant for the Iranian people, just as we and every other country on the planet do to win mass support and confidence. It's "Ruling 101".

Very true, my good doctor! I agree wholeheartedly. But I don't think we can discount what's being said to the Iranian people.

The Chinese and Russian support is what makes me believe that we'll never take it to a level of airstrikes. The sanctions are going to be relied on for now.

Good link Bodrul!
Thanks Doctor!

Cuhail

new topics

top topics

join