It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Signs of the end from the bible coming?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 11:08 PM
link   
hmm it's pretty amazing that the return of "the lord" is coming at the same time which channeled sources, much like dream and prophetic visions of the bible, have predicted aliens are approaching earth on a cosmic wave which will cause destruction for those who are not prepared to transcend into the 4th density where reality is quite different, much like those who are "good people" get to go to "heaven" in the bible, sadly what the majority of people think of as god is far from what is needed. Some entity took an ancient message and messed it up.

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by JuanBond
well, hop in line...and no cutting in please...

Remember, people have been pointing to the "signs" for at least 2 thousand years.

What's to say that the "end" is gonna happen anytime soon. What's to say that the people who belived this 2000 years ago didn't already experience the "end". we could very well have "missed the boat" on this one.

Personally, I think the "good book" is anything but clear here, despite what Jack Van Impe would have us to belive.

*Wars and rumors of wars. Shyt, these have been around since primordial man first learned to bash things with a club.

*Disease, do any need reminded of the plague. The end times could've happened in the dark ages. We're just oblivious to the fact.

*False prophets - well, I'd like to know how you'd pick the fake ones out from the real ones. That'd be a great party trick. Watch sunday morning "evangel-a-toons", and pick out satan's followers. I could make a lot of cash that way.

Plus the fact that the entire book of revelations is written in metaphor and similie. If we were susposed to use this crap as a guide, then "John" would've said something like "the European Union is the seat of the antichrist", rather than talk about multi-headed dragons like he was on some horrific trip.

And if something else is pointed to as the "mark of the beast" (crashing music, etherial laughter), I think I'm gonna scream.

sorry if this turned into a rant, guys.

Yes, this is so true. People have been claiming the end for so long. There has always been wars and rumors of war. There has always been earthquakes. There has always been famine. Nothing new here although these are increasing.

But how about all of the paranormal activity increasing in the world? The alien abduction phenomenon, Crop Circles, UFO's, etc.
We can't forget the ancient archeology either in terms of encoded timelines in the great pyramids.
Then there's the Mayan calandar which ends/starts over in 2012.
There's also timewave zero which is encoded in the I Ching which also ends in 2012.
Of course no end times prophecy would be complete without the predicitions from the current phophets of the modern age: Edgar Cayce, Gordon Michael Scallion and David Wilcock all predicting that the end has come of this age and the beginning of the new age.

The bible mentions days of darkness... (nuclear winter?, or yellowstone supervolcano erupting?)

The mark of the beast: implantable microchips in a cashless society. We're almost there.

For those who follow the path of the self (e.g. selfish, self-centered, ego-centric, evil-doers) it IS the end times.
For those who follow the path of Unity (e.g. GOD, Christ, Buddha) and serve other's to ease suffering, it IS soon to be the BEGINNING!

Which path are YOU following?
Think about it

Peace to ALL,

+Jammer

posted on Jan, 29 2004 @ 09:35 AM
link   
the mark of the beast is the recieving of the mark in your forhead or hand. Thereby either doing the work of the beast (one world politial gov) and/or believing its propoganda.

the dragon that gives his authority to the beast is simply stating that satan will use this one world political system to rule the world.

Slightly off topic, The book series "the wheel of time" by robert jordan, the main point is the dragon reborn trying to unite the world to fight off the dark one. A slight twist. Seanchan could represent america,whitecloaks the vatican, but im not familiar enough anymore to make similarities to certain groups with the rest of the book series.

posted on Jan, 29 2004 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Genesis 11 says what the bible thinks of unity

posted on Jan, 29 2004 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Isn't there a prophecy that talks of animal sacrifices resuming in Jerusalem?
Could the mass slaughter of cows (or other domesticated livestock) suffering from BSE be construed as animal sacrifice?

posted on Jan, 29 2004 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by banjoechef
hmm it's pretty amazing that the return of "the lord" is coming at the same time which channeled sources, much like dream and prophetic visions of the bible, have predicted aliens are approaching earth on a cosmic wave which will cause destruction for those who are not prepared to transcend into the 4th density where reality is quite different, much like those who are "good people" get to go to "heaven" in the bible, sadly what the majority of people think of as god is far from what is needed. Some entity took an ancient message and messed it up.

This is all baffling information and it's very interesting to read and wonder if it could actually happen or if it was perhaps a misinterpretation by the bible and the people that wrote it but when most of the things they talk about come true you can't help but to wonder

posted on Jan, 29 2004 @ 01:05 PM
link   
*my last post got chewed up*

concerning End Times Prophecy
I focus on the book of Daniel

why?

Because the Rabbi Jesus (order of Nazorean Essenes)
who was a well versed Authority of Scripture, knew &
Memorized all the Books of the Hebrews...
including the end-times writings contained in Daniel....
((aka, Old Testament & the Torah Scroll))

#2. because the surviving Apostles did a lotta in-fighting to control the direction of Christianity...
you had Thomas vs Paul vs John, etc...all wanting
to direct the new faith religion

#3. John the Divine Revealator, and possibly others,
didn't finish writing Revelations umtil 90-150 AD, on the
Isle of Patmos....which makes me think:
i'm disinclined to think it was God Inspired rather
than Man Conspired

->But since, i'm not Christian, there is maybe a Bias??
* we tend to remember the 'hits' & forget the misses
* the same bloodlines, past & present, ie;elite dominate
...............both these * mentioned earlier

posted on Jan, 29 2004 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I'm really not a religious person so I couldn't be must use in details about everything that was explained to me in my first post in this thread but I'm going to look up some more details and see if I can find anything else interesting.

posted on Jan, 30 2004 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Morrison
One of my teachers last semester was also the Bible History teacher and he explained how the bible explained of signs that would happen toward "the end".

He said some of these signs explained in the bible was the temple of Jerusalem being reconstructed, currency changing completely to plastic, being credit cards, europe changing to one currency which has already started and/or happened with the euro dollar, and he knew of many other signs that have already happened in part.

The temple of Jerusalem he spoke of had reconstruction plans approved already, and from listening to everything he had to say, it is very strange how many things are happening that were written and how many things that are very possible to happen.

Does anyone else feel this way about these signs coming true or have any fears of what could happen or do any of you think it's nonsense or cooincidence?
I would love to know where he saw the euro currency and plastic mentioned in the bible...

The temple is true.. the rest of it he is making up... it is not in there.

posted on Jan, 30 2004 @ 02:39 PM
link   

I would love to know where he saw the euro currency and plastic mentioned in the bible...

The temple is true.. the rest of it he is making up... it is not in there.

no you're taking it literally and I did hear this a while back but he said something about all of europe's currency uniting, a wider statement than "euro dollar" because that would be ridiculous to say it came out of the bible, and I forget how he worded the plastic currency comment but he IS a bible history teacher so however he worded it, it should be true

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Don't you dare call David Koresh a false prophet. That denotes that he was evil. The Branch Davidians were massacred by the ATF and the FBI. I don't care what anyone says. You are all quoting things that were spoon fed to the press by the FBI. The press weren't allowed anywhere near that thing. Twenty-four children burned to death in that building. Probably not before they were suffocating, vomiting and going into comas becaus of the CS gas/MethylChloride mixture you were told was just "tear" gas. Anyone running out of the back was shot to death by the "agents" on the scene. That was a sign that we have our heads to far into a literal interpretation of the bible for our own entertainment that we neglect any sort of spiritual or communal life whatsoever and the freedoms we take for granted our being ratcheted away from us by "...principalities, ...powers, ...rulers of the darkness of this world".

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join