It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crashing Flying Object

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 09:45 AM
link   
I saw this video the other day and was wondering if anyone knew what it was from. It says it happened in the Mexican desert, and the crash looks pretty spectacular. Sorry if this has been discussed, just curious to find out what it is/was.

www.metacafe.com...

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cosmocow
I saw this video the other day and was wondering if anyone knew what it was from. It says it happened in the Mexican desert, and the crash looks pretty spectacular. Sorry if this has been discussed, just curious to find out what it is/was.

www.metacafe.com...

Hi, Cosmocow!

I have seen this object crashing at least 2000 times:

it has been discussed so maaaany times here

www.abovetopsecret.com...

There's even an article here

and it has been discussed in a (IMHO) convincing way here :

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 10:31 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Google Tony or Anthony Craddock and look for any Rense links dealing with him. He is in some odd way associated with Greer and his herd of sheep. Rense claims this was given to him by Craddock. No one knows what it is and Craddock is apparently mute on it, I can find no comments from him about it.

Took me a few to find the LINK for this again. There are some real goofy associations hooked up in this video. Craddock is Tom Beardens webmaster, as well as Greers CSETI sites webmaster (or at least was), and runs Craddock Engineering, LLC (some kind of oil industry startup) out of what appears to be a rather nice house in the burbs of LaJolla CA. Dig deep enough and you will see these weird connections as well.

[edit on 26-10-2007 by Lost_Mind]

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Thaks for the links and interesting reading material. So no one really knows what this is in the crash huh. So thanks Issac, Lost Mind, & internos.

Also my local news in NH last night ran a story with a pretty long video of unexplained lights in, i think, South Dakota, and actually was asking the ublic for opinions. They sky appeared to be cloudy and looked like something was lighting up the clouds and traveling in one direction. It didn't say when it happened but must be recently. I have been unable to find any video regarding what i saw on chaneel 7 nightly news last night. But if it did happen yesterday i was wondering if it could be connected to our current space mission? Could these be some kind of experiments that we are doing? And if it did happen in SD, why would it happen there, havent there been numerous ufo sightings in SD? I wish i could find the video.

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Cosmocow

Hope the info helps ya. Here is another LINK that is a thread started here about Tom Bearden and his association with Craddock.

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Extremely interesting Lost_Mind, just started skimming through your latest link and it looks like it will be a fantastic read!

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Extremely interesting Lost_Mind, just started skimming through your latest link and it looks like it will be a fantastic read!

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I saw this years ago and it is a stunning clip.
For two reasons.
What do we have that is self luminous and that can take an impact like that and remain intact?
And why, upon explosion is there no fireball? The sparks baffle me.
Just thinking out loud.

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Alexander the o.k.

I have zero links to back this up, but I remember seeing a show on one of the Discovery networks programs years ago showing this as an experiment with a type of artillery/tank shell that was also rocket propelled and somewhat controllable once it left the barrel. It was also designed to withstand "skipping" along the ground, under any radar of say a defensive system like a Phalanx, toward the target as to prevent an enemy from triangulating the source of the shot. I think this video is a failure of one of these tests.

Take it for what its worth, its a memory so who knows, but I cant find anything verifiable about this video anywhere on the net and that in itself is fairly odd.

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 01:08 PM
link   
yeah, one of the links provided by interno ( the last one) also talk about the weaponry show on discovery and say it is some missle or shell like lost mind has stated. I guess it must not be perfected yet or still in development, maybe that is why we cannot find anything verfiable about the video...maybe??
And i have to agree when it makes contact with the ground, my intrigue grows!

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Lost_Mind

Well. This just tells me that I have to watch more TV!
Just kidding. Thanks for the reply.
I just don't see how that fits the facts of the video we are seeing.
Here's why:
If it is a new type of shell, why doesn't it explode in a huge fireball on the 1st, or final impact? Just sparks on the second one.
Also, how can something traveling at that speed, and that huge an angle, impact the ground, and pick up and keep flying? When it hits the ground I'm estimating an impact speed of of about 400-600 mph.
Any metal alloy we have should disintegrate at an angle of that magnitude!
Think of the force of the 'g' compression it withstood!
Yet it's airframe is not distorted enough to keep it from becoming airborne again! It picks up, and keeps going at probably 300-400 mph AFTER collision with the ground!
It is an astounding video.
I have seen no plausible explanation for it yet...
Also, what would be the purpose of a self luminous shell?
Totally baffling.

Thanks.

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 09:11 PM
link   
The consistent glow of the object throughout the footage is strange... but the subsequent blast does look similar to conventional high explosives...

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 08:40 PM
link   
first two posts after my original are the best. Than ks for being so condescending...you are truly gods on the web.....just dont treat others subserviantly it is really annoying

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cosmocow
Thaks for the links and interesting reading material. So no one really knows what this is in the crash huh. So thanks Issac, Lost Mind, & internos.

It seems that nobody told you what this object was or where the footage
was taken. All right I will tell you the story of this video. There was a
mexican researcher named Daniel Muñoz who back in the 90's watched
an old documentary about military aircraft and there was a segment
when they were talking about some tests in New Mexico taking down
some aircraft. A piece of footage with one of these crashes was shown
and Daniel Muñoz got impressed because it looked like a UFO (as Muñoz
later confessed on a radio show) and because he was videotaping the
documentary Muñoz extracted the crash footage and invented this was
a real UFO crash in New Mexico.

Daniel Muñoz made copies and gave one to the late british researcher
Graham Birdsall former editor of the british UFO Magazine who was at
the UFO Congress along with his partner Russel Callaghan, both were
also impressed. Daniel told them the UFO tale and from that day Birdsall
and Callaghan released the piece of footage everywhere as an authentic
UFO crash in New Mexico. Daniel Muñoz also gave one copy to Jaime
Maussan and told him the same tale. The rest is history.

This is the segment of the documentary showing the real story of the
footage.

video.google.es...

top topics

join