It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

List Of American and European Made Toys

page: 1
2

log in

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 09:44 AM
link   
"Dear Santa,

Please don't bring me any toys that will kill me or make me sick..."

With a new toy re-call virtually everyday, obviously many parents are rethinking their Christmas lists this year. Here are some ideas and links detailing American and European made toy products. For the most part, these companies have more direct oversight in the manufacturing process which, hopefully, will result in safer toys. There are some well-known names on the list such as K'Nex, Imagiplay, Lego, Playmobil and Melissa and Doug. Don't forget BOOKS!

Others:
www.foxnews.com...

• Battleship
• Bicycle Playing Cards
• Boggle Jr.
• Candyland
• Chutes and Ladders
• Clue
• Connect Four
• Crayola Crayons *
• Life
• Louisville Slugger
• Monopoly
• Mouse Trap
• Operation
• Parcheesi
• Play-Doh *
• Pop-O-Matic Trouble
• Radio Flyer Discovery Wagon
• Scrabble
• Sorry
• Stratego
• Tri-ominos
• Trivial Pursuit
• Yahtzee
• Melissa and Doug U.S.A. Floor Puzzle (Most puzzles are made in the USA!)

www.backtobasicstoys.com...@NorthAmericaEurope/txt/Items%20made%20in%20North%20America%20and%20Europe/?source=PDGOG 07

childparenting.about.com...

www.thedailygreen.com...

www.fatbraintoys.com...


Please feel free to add any other specific American or European made toys or manufacturers to this list.




posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Thanks for starting this list.

With the holidays drawing near it would probably be a good idea to know in advance what types of toys to look for when shopping instead of looking at boxes and trying to see where the toys were manufactured.

I will do some checking around and see if I can add to your list of manufacturers.



posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 10:24 AM
link   
I can't speak for other countries but here in Canada, only 51% of the product including packaging has to be made here to include the label"MADE IN CANADA". The other 49% can come from anywhere and the product, and this does include toys doesn't have to specify where the rest of the materials came from. Since all these recalls began, Parliament is looking into changing these criteria but as of yet, nothing has happened.



posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by GAOTU789
 


That's always tough when pieces and parts can be from elsewhere and after assembly it can be labelled without reference to the pieces parts deal.

A little deceptive

The main thing here is safety for the children

The laws should reflect the concern for the welfare of the children

Not hide origins of components, to help companies make money.



posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Sorry kosmik, but I need to see proof that these are made in USA, and I mean every single component. Too many times, 1 ingredient comes from the outside and then it should read assembeld in USA. Did you know that Toyota and Honda trucks and cars are allowed to be labeled made in the USA? They are assembled here with 100% Japanese parts. Parts either assembeld in Japan or made from Japanese goods. I have done a lot of business in the area, as currently I am managing risk for a MAJOR JAPANESE COMPANY. I know......the traderonwallst name. But as in other posts, I have told you I no longer work on Wallstreet, but in Midtown.

If 1 ingredient is not made in America, then it is not made in America. I wish I could find AMERICAN only products. Would love to exclusivley buy American this year.



posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by traderonwallst
 


Come on now Trader, I can't do ALL the work for you!

BTW, what are you getting your kids for Christmas this year, underwear and savings bonds?



posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Actually think about going long the $US at this level.

But I can do that by buying bonds now, couldn't I? Appreciation of bond, appreciation of the currency.



posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack
 


Not asking you to do any work, just asking you to becareful of what gets labeled made in America. Thins should be labeled Assembeled in America to be more correct.



new topics

top topics



 
2

log in

join