It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Human race will 'split into two different species'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 05:27 AM
link   

"The human race will one day split into two separate species, an attractive, intelligent ruling elite and an underclass of dim-witted, ugly goblin-like creatures, according to a top scientist.

100,000 years into the future, sexual selection will mean that two distinct breeds of human will have developed.

The alarming prediction comes from evolutionary theorist Oliver Curry from the London School of Economics, who says that the human race will have reached its physical peak by the year 3000. "

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Well at least they are honest over at the London school of economics...
This is all a bit HG Wells isn't it?
Which will your great great great grandchildren be?

Goblin under class,or super elite?

------------------------------------
Replaced quote with 'ex' tags

[edit on 26/10/07 by masqua]

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 05:59 AM
link   
The major flaw with this theory is that it's his definition of what Attractive is.

Everyone has a different opinion on what makes an attractive partner...

Therefore I severely doubt that all future humans will be 7 Ft tall.
As a lot of people don't find excessive height an attractive feature, regardless of what the modeling industry thinks.

I do believe that the lines between Blacks/Whites/Asians will blur considerably... however I also believe that the same will happen with 'ugly' and 'pretty' people,

Also Biology isn't terribly interested in what looks good, it's more interested in staying alive in its surrounding environment. For women to develop completely hairless bodies would be impractical, as their skin would have no temperature regulation. Also 'pert breasts' is another opinion of his. As we all know different guys like different kind of boobs.

The Scientist is assuming that everyone follows the same pattern of what is attractive and unattractive.

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 06:07 AM
link   

100,000 years into the future, sexual selection will mean that two distinct breeds of human will have developed.

the human race will have reached its physical peak by the year 3000.

The time frame seems way off to me, in 100 years time mankind probably will have mastered genetic engineering. This means that they will be able make themselves as good looking and smart as they want.

Genetic engineering will probably be expensive though, so only the wealthy will be able to afford the really good enhancements. So I guess you'll end up with normal humans and a genetic master race.

Depending on genetic modification restrictions, the master race may itself branch of into millions of master races. Some may choose to have four arms, some super intelligence and others will be 50 feet tall.

I guess one of the challenges for the future will be to regulate human modification.

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Good points Cthulwho,
I imagine the regulation will only apply to the masses,while the elite will as usual be unregulated.
I think your timeframe of 100 years is more realistic too.

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Evolution has been found to be false.

Link to thread with evidence that evolution is all wrong

We may still be interbreeding with other species of human that are so closely related that only certain tests being run would tell us that we are not all the same species. But that would be the only explaination that would make any sense now.

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I predict the human species will be divided into 4 groups!
If I am wrong and so is this guy we will apologise in the 10,000 years it will take for this process to have taken hold.

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 03:30 AM
link   
exitmundi.nl...

an interesting theory, but a little stereo typical to me. what you are talking about somewhat resembles that of the movie "the Time Machine", well the new one at least, i haven't seen the original.

humanity may well evolve but whether it separates into sub species is questionable. it has happened in the past, the Homo Neanderthalis most recently evolved when the ice age came about. in this case it was to adapt to the new climatic conditions (becoming shorter with stubbier limbs and fingers, essentially to reduce heat loss.). this species was lost, due to the disappearance of the ice age. From what i can gather, from a big archaeological find in Portugal, the Neanderthals were not killed or evolved away into nothing, but rather they were combined with the new Homo Sapians which arrived from the south, namely Africa and the Mediterranean area.

the point i am trying to get to here is that humans wont undergo a major evolutionary change due to social environments, small changes maybe (such as the evolution of blue eyes and blond hair, but that again could be linked to survival of the species).

if anything we would evolve to, maybe once again to a form resembling the Intuit, as my opinion of the future is that there will be another ice age. however if it were to be a continuation of global warming, for whatever reason, we would evolve to be comparable to that of maybe an African or Middle Eastern form, or South/Central American (the Aztec/Maya/Inca Americans, not Hispanic)

now to follow up that link i added up there, that is a fictional rendition of what could be us in the future. this will be relative to what becomes of us in terms of our societies and civilizations (they could fall apart, and we could evolve back in to the original Homo Sapian (Sapian) stone age man, or as it was said earlier we could just as easily spice our selves up into some kind of genetically engineered form.

essentially there is no telling what may happen, unless you can read the future that is.

top topics

join