It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cell phone towers (aka DEATH TOWERS)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 04:01 AM
link   
www.whale.to...

These are 500,000 times the power necessary to send out a signal and are designed to cause disease and death, no surprise given the other well documented attempts www.whale.to...

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 04:28 AM
link   
Their diagrams are laughable, their claims are rubbish, and their copypasting of the popular high tension line photo shows they have at best a fundamental misunderstanding of power; more likely a desire to misinform others about power.

Those tubes aren’t lit, they’re just glowing. It takes a remarkably small amount of power to make a fluorescent tube glow like that.

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 12:54 AM
link   
I have worked on quite a few cell towers, often standing/hanging less than a foot from the front of the antennas. Shouldn't I be dead by now? Cell towers are not dangerous.

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Dont worry OP, i believe. Its not so much as the physical damage but the psychological damage. Its like microwaves, you dont know it till it happens.

educate-yourself.org...

I also created a thread about an event regarding cell towers:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I believe that the towers are nefarious and are here for a much more deeper purpose. I mean , their popping up everywhere! That sort of EMF isnt really healthy for humans. Sure we are around computers and stuff, but MP3 players and cellphones that are being packed with more and more techonoligical advances are bound to have negative side effects.

But all in all, its just IMHO.

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by adamneldonI have worked on quite a few cell towers, often standing/hanging less than a foot from the front of the antennas. Shouldn't I be dead by now? Cell towers are not dangerous.

presume they were on, you are the guinea pig, good luck. I guess you like sticking your head in microwave ovens too.

CAUTION: STAY CLEAR OF PCS CELL PHONE SITE ANTENNAS The radiation in an operational system is similar to that of a MICROWAVE OVEN! Avoid the main lobe when servicing your tower.

----Phillips Microtechnology Inc. is a Consultant & Manufacturer of Custom LNA and Filtering Equipment for Satcom & Terrestrial Microwave Receive Systems.

www.tvtower.com...

Medium sized microwave ovens are rated around 700W while the focussed power of a typical base-station main beam is likely to be at least 3,000W EIRP. from each antenna. (This EIRP measurement simply shows what an un-focussed antenna radiating in all directions would have to put out for the same beam strength). For one antenna the licence permits a maximum total power in 1800 MHz band of 24,000W EIRP. The lower typical power presently radiated is mainly because of technical limitations. [Stewart report 4.31-4.32]

tonysomers.50megs.com...

Mod Edit: No Quote/Plagiarism – Please Review This Link.

Mod Edit: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 28/10/2007 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 10:26 AM
link   
I have two questions for anyone who can answer;

Are these antennas radiating a oscillating magnetic field like a microwave oven? Could the water molecules in our bodies be gradually excited to the point of cooking (figuratively) our cells and DNA?

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by adamneldon
I have worked on quite a few cell towers, often standing/hanging less than a foot from the front of the antennas. Shouldn't I be dead by now? Cell towers are not dangerous.

I highly doubt the tower was active on the side you were working on. It's possible to receive RF burns from this type of exposure.

Darce and dolphin23, it's not like a microwave oven other than the frequencies used are similar. Comparing power levels of a microwave oven and a cell tower are apples and oranges. Ovens are built to concentrate the power within a confined space. The tower has large amounts of power but is broadcast outward. At a couple hundred feet, power levels are dramatically reduced as the area of coverage is greatly increased. Go several hundred feet and power is negligible in wattage.

Now for the kicker, I wouldn't worry one bit about the cell tower. It has far less power affecting you than the cell phone you hold next to your head. This is what only long term studies can tell us about exposure.

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 05:01 PM
link   
"Now for the kicker, I wouldn't worry one bit about the cell tower."

Yeah, go and live next to one then. I am sure there are thousands of people living under one who would be happy to swop.

I learned that in February 1996, Congress had passed a law prohibiting local governments from denying permits for cell phone antennae because of environmental concerns - so long as they comply with Federal Communications Commission (FCC) rules. I also learned that the FCC had just issued regulations setting public exposure limits for microwave radiation at levels at least ten thousand times higher than levels which, according to the Environmental Protection Agency, were causing reports of illness from all over the world. Levels that are at least ten thousand times higher than the levels that had forced me to leave behind my home, my family, and my friends, and to run for my life, never to be able to return home again. Electromagnetic Fields (EMF) Killing Fields --ARTHUR FIRSTENBERG

www.mindfully.org...

Mod Edit: No Quote/Plagiarism – Please Review This Link.

Mod Edit: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 28/10/2007 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 11:29 PM
link   
The anti-cell phone mast lobby make me laugh. They don't know the science and just blindly protest about their existence.
A cell phone mast uses a lot more power than a cell phone but is a lot further away, this is key. Due to the inverse square law the strength of signal dissipates very very quickly as you move away from the source of the signal in this case the cell phone tower. A mobile phone with 2 watts of output power has a much greater field strength at 2 inches from your head than a cell phone mast with 400 watts output power 150 feet away. If you don't believe me buy an RF field strength meter and stand 150 feet away from a cell phone mast and compare the reading to a cell phone making a call 2 inches away, you will soon discover that the it's the cell phone that gives you the much higher reading. Basically every time you double your distance from the source of the signal the energy you receive is quartered.

Explanation of the inverse square law:

en.wikipedia.org...

The intensity (or illuminance or irradiance) of light or other linear waves radiating from a point source (energy per unit of area perpendicular to the source) is inversely proportional to the square of the distance from the source; so an object (of the same size) twice as far away, receives only ¼ the energy (in the same time period).

[edit on 28/10/07 by Phil123]

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Darce
Are these antennas radiating a oscillating magnetic field like a microwave oven?

Yes. It either has to be an analog signal or a digital signal for information to be sent, and I'm seeing frequencies being referenced a lot, which would imply AC fields. That's how antennas have always worked traditionally.

Could the water molecules in our bodies be gradually excited to the point of cooking (figuratively) our cells and DNA?

No but surrounding your head in varying AC fields can produce various physiological changes in your brain, because you basically think with electricity, when your neurons send electrical impulses to each other.

Cell phones do the same thing, as the poster above points out. Any AC field can affect you, and there have been studies that have shown that heavy magnetic-field exposure causes an increase in aggression in primates, until they seem to get used to it. This was just for "dumb" DC fields and AC fields of a limited range of frequencies (ie, there was no intention to manipulate the monkeys with certain frequencies, or the knowledge or equipment).

[edit on 29-10-2007 by bsbray11]

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 12:46 PM
link   
why would anyone defend cell phone towers?

www.starweave.com...

"This seems to me to be rather excessive. Watts = Volts x Amps Therefore, 240 volts x's 800 amps = 192 Kilowatts per hour x's 3 phase = 576 KWH. Transmitters at microwave frequencies normal only require a max of 1.0 watt, not kilo watts. If this is true then there is covert agenda going on. This type of supply and fusing system will be mega expensive. I don't know what to say, except run for the hills. Power is a square law, i.e. Amps (squared) x's Resistance in ohms. So if you double the voltage you square the power. Nasty."--Electrical engineer

[edit on 29-10-2007 by dolphin23]

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by dolphin23
why would anyone defend cell phone towers?

www.starweave.com...

"This seems to me to be rather excessive. Watts = Volts x Amps Therefore, 240 volts x's 800 amps = 192 Kilowatts per hour x's 3 phase = 576 KWH. Transmitters at microwave frequencies normal only require a max of 1.0 watt, not kilo watts. If this is true then there is covert agenda going on. This type of supply and fusing system will be mega expensive. I don't know what to say, except run for the hills. Power is a square law, i.e. Amps (squared) x's Resistance in ohms. So if you double the voltage you square the power. Nasty."--Electrical engineer

[edit on 29-10-2007 by dolphin23]

Providing your figures are correct then you have to take into account that

1) Transmitters are only about 50% efficient, i.e to get 2 watts output they require 4 watts of input
2) Each phone call that's being made requires a separate transmission to that specific phone. So if the cell mast has 100 calls and needs 2 watts to reach each phone then it's 100 multiplied by 2 watts equalling 200 watts which is spread over different frequencies.
3) The most I've ever seen a cell mast licensed for at least in the UK is about 32dbw which is about 1600 watts output which as I say is spread over a number of frequencies to support many phone calls.
4) All phones that are turned on in a cell masts coverage area are being constantly pinged so that the network knows which mast to use to contact the phone should an incoming call come in for it.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 12:46 PM
link   
It seems that everyone supporting this idea of death towers has little or no understanding of basic electromagnetic principles or any scientific/engineering education.

I could point out the posts that contradict themselves and state misinformation about electricity and power as fact. But, those people have convinced themselves of something and refuse to follow any well documented scientific processes that have been repeated again and again. So much for an examined life and doing your own research...

By all standards, your actions and thought processes indicate a level of severe brain dysfunction, independent of 'death towers'

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darce
I have two questions for anyone who can answer;

Are these antennas radiating a oscillating magnetic field like a microwave oven? Could the water molecules in our bodies be gradually excited to the point of cooking (figuratively) our cells and DNA?

The only cooking you can do by exciting water molecules is LITERALLY cooking. Exciting atoms and molecules means causing them to move faster, which means increasing their temperature. It's the DEFINITION of heat. If you feel your body heating up, and your skin feels like it's burning, then you're probably in danger of being cooked. If you feel some abnormal heat, try not to get your genitalia in it's path; reproductive organs need to be kept in a specific temperature range.

Otherwise; no.

There's probably more cell towers all the time because there's more cell phone uses all the time, and they expect good service. No bars in the middle of a city is annoying, after all.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I wouldn't want to go near one of those bastard cell phone masts.
I've an electronics and sciences background. While I'm no engineer, I do know a thing or two about microwave radiation. Exposure to any radiation is a matter of duration, distance, and time. I don't trust big business and the cell phone craze has made me very much aware that there is a cover-up associated with microwaves and wireless technologies. People who use them excessively are developing tumors, getting cancer, and dying prematurely. You know why cell phones are "forbidden" in various places like hospitals and airports? They interfere with electronics. Why do they interfere with electronics? They receive focused microwaves which interfere; and human brain cells, and brainwaves incidentally are electro-chemical in nature. It's a proven fact that the phones interfere with brainwaves to a certain extent, most especially with young children with thinner skulls and very much still-developing little brains. Maybe this is why there are so many short-tempered, hyperactive brats running around these days? How about a serious study on what microwaves do to a man's Reasoning Capabilities, and especially upon Hyperactivity, Short-Temperedness? Mental Maturity?
Regardless, something else which has been proven about cell phone microwave exposure is that it breaks down a thing called the Blood Brain Barrier. It is a protective wall of tissue which insulates the brain from poisons in the bloodsteam which would otherwise travel throughout the brain. Mere minutes of exposure to cell phone level microwaves punctures this natural insulation system, allowing whatever toxins we have in our system to enter our brain cells. That much is a fact which has been scientifically proven--but the cell companies naturally never mention it, but then again nobody Asks about it specifically. Everyone is concerned about microwaves causing cancer--a direct, head-on question which cannot be directly answered head-on (specifically for short-duration phone usage). Actually, it can be answered asit doesn't Cause cancer but Promotes cancer, since we are all Born With Cancer but the disease remains Dormant until activated, so to speak. Essentially it's the same thing though. Statistics are nicely being shuffled about by big business to confuse and muddy the issue. The scientists who make the reports are on their payrolls. They know perfectly well that they're killing us, but money-money-money is more important. Remember cigarettes? It's the same thing, except our lungs are our guide and always were for smoke inhalation. They make you cough. Brain cells, on the other hand, contain no nerves whatsoever. They could be slowly cooked by microwaves before anyone has the faintest hint that something is going wrong with the wetware upstairs! It's the old example of the frog in the pot: throw a frog in a boiling pot of water on the stove and he'll jump right out, but put a frog in a cool pot of water on the stove and slowly bring it up to boil and he'll slowly cook. There's an experiment going around which some say is a hoax, regarding the cooking of an ordinary chicken egg. Two cell phones are placed against it and kept active for an hour or so, the egg is opened and found to be fully cooked inside. I don't know if there is any truth to this one, but I would not doubt it if proven for it's quite plausible. Every now and then you'll read about how it's been proven that wireless is safe--but then it will be countered by company-paid jerks who'll shoo it all off. One of the morning news programs even brought up how a cell phone's radiation can be a "jolt" in the morning and compared it to a cup of coffee. Oh, how the newswomen laughed and giggled that one away! As more and more cell phones are sold, more and more of those god-awful Masts are constructed, to radiate microwaves to all those needy boxes. More and more pollution of the airwaves you could say. Scientists have wondered why, for example, the bees have been dying out. A simple experiment was performed by placing a cell phone in or near a bee hive. They go nuts. They can't live with it. Nature can't live with it. If one little species like the buzzing bees die out, it could disrupt the whole foodchain. One thing leads to another. Of course, again, this little fact is not going to be widely circulated because Big Business Knows Better And Knows What's Best For YOU! Follow the leader, kids. Buy-buy-buy!

new topics

top topics

join