It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Nostradamus Code - UFO's and Extraterrestrials

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 01:45 AM
link   

The Nostradamus Code

www.scribd.com...

4.12. Extraterrestrials shot by paranoid nation, bacteriological agents released

(Centurie II, Quatrain 91)

Extraterrestrials tried to contact us in the Siberia Tunguska explosion in the 0s. Similarly they will again visit the earth. The Russians are doing secret weapons research and have energy fields guarding northern approach corridors. Another spacecraft will arrive, paralleling this incident. When the extraterrestrial spacecraft enters the atmosphere the fields will cause it to malfunction and many of the crew are killed. 38 When they crash, soldiers will be on hand to capture or kill them. The ship will harbor microorganisms that will react in bizarre ways to the earth climate and cause plagues of unknown origin, which cannot be understood because of the extraterrestrial causative organism. The country will be at war or fixing to go to war and will have a paranoid mindset. Thinking the crash is a result of enemy weapons, the soldiers will shoot anything that moves.

4.13. Extraterrestrial probe of the Watchers discovered by scientists

(Centurie IV, Quatrain 28)

During the time of troubles, when the sun is between the earth and Venus, i.e. from the point of view of Earth Venus is hidden by the sun, the Watchers (extraterrestrials) will be exposed through the powers of observationand communication. Scientists involved with radiotelescopy and related disciplines will observe an anomaly, and as they focus on it they come to the realization that it is a strong indication of a real UFO. The readings are caused by an instrument sent by the Watchers to observe mankind.

The scientists and the populace will learn more about the probe and the Watchers. But internal dissension will be created by fundamentalists because the existence of extraterrestrials is not consistent with their worldview. This will take place in approximately 7 or 8. The Watchers are returning to mankind at this time because they are trying to help him through gentle prodding and increasing spiritual love. They have always kept an eye on us and have observed our growth and development. They're looking forward to the day we can join the universal community and help with their project in a way that's unique to us.

7.11. More open, frequent contact with extraterrestrials

(Centurie I, Quatrain 29)

After the time of troubles there will be much closer and open contact with extraterrestrials and UFOs. One extraterrestrial race will be heading for an undersea, seafloor base they have established but the craft will malfunction and be cast up on the shore. The people will perceive them as the enemy out of terror. Some of the "Others" are enemies, and some are not. There is more than one group of "Watchers". Some mean well for mankind and some have more selfish motives in mind.

8.3. Incidents

These are miscellaneous events predicted for our times.

-- Discovery of extraterrestrial meteorite/ore .

(Centurie I, Quatrain 21)

Somewhere in western North America a meteorite will be found by miners looking for ore. They think it might be radioactive but it is a useful new element on the periodical table.

8.4. Atlantis

Atlantean civilization existed and the people could work stone with energies the way modern man uses concrete or metal. Physical evidence of Atlantis is spread around the world; one site of the civilization was in the Atlantic on a now-submerged island. The civilization was destroyed when the earth plunged through an asteroid field, either through accident or the deliberate intent of extraterrestrials who felt "threatened" by advancing civilization.

(visit the link for the full document)

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 01:45 AM
link   
I dont know if this has been posted here before, if it has my apologies.

I came across this document surfing the web for the Lost book of Nostradamus. The full document is an interesting read but I highlighted the parts that touched on UFO's and Extraterrestrials.

So what does everyone think of this? A bunch of junk? A glimpes into the future?

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 02:07 AM
link   
thats actually a pretty interesting post, I had read earlier that Nostradamus had absolutely no 'predictions' on UFOs and ET's. I'll take a peek at the site you've pointed at and check it out more
Ty for posting this.

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 02:12 AM
link   
delete delete delete...wrong thread sorry my bad

[edit on 26-10-2007 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 02:36 AM
link   
That's really interesting. A lot of those predictions are pretty similar to what is being said nowadays.

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Hrmm, the official site of the book does not seem to have anything regarding extraterrestrials in the chapter contents.

www.nostradamusonline.com...

[edit on 26-10-2007 by GeeGee]

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 03:18 AM
link   
Very interesting reading i do wonder what he meant when he said time of troubles ? would that be now or another world war yet to happen ?

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by GeeGee
Hrmm, the official site of the book does not seem to have anything regarding extraterrestrials in the chapter contents.

www.nostradamusonline.com...

[edit on 26-10-2007 by GeeGee]

I think the table of contents on that website is only a sample listing of the book. Good find.

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grimbone
I think the table of contents on that website is only a sample listing of the book. Good find.

Ah, alright. This book is very interesting to say the least. Many have been talking about what he had predicted. Great find

cj6

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Grimbone

Man, I hope he's right!!! Great stuff Grimbone!

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Yeah, um, but I have a propblem with this. Nostradamus wrote in QUATRAINS - meaning 4 sentences or phrases that typically were riddled and encrypted. These consist of 6 or 5 or 7 sentences wriiten in paragraph form. So either a.) this is someone's rough interpretation (which I don't necessarily trust) or b.) a complete fabrication.

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by kozmo
Yeah, um, but I have a propblem with this. Nostradamus wrote in QUATRAINS - meaning 4 sentences or phrases that typically were riddled and encrypted. These consist of 6 or 5 or 7 sentences wriiten in paragraph form. So either a.) this is someone's rough interpretation (which I don't necessarily trust) or b.) a complete fabrication.

It's an interpretation. He just took what Nostradamus said and put it into modern lingo. Even if his interpretations are incorrect, it's very similar to what people are saying today.

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grimbone

4.12. Extraterrestrials shot by paranoid nation, bacteriological agents released

(Centurie II, Quatrain 91)

Extraterrestrials tried to contact us in the Siberia Tunguska explosion in the 0s. Similarly they will again visit the earth. The Russians are doing secret weapons research and have energy fields guarding northern approach corridors. Another spacecraft will arrive, paralleling this incident. When the extraterrestrial spacecraft enters the atmosphere the fields will cause it to malfunction and many of the crew are killed. 38 When they crash, soldiers will be on hand to capture or kill them. The ship will harbor microorganisms that will react in bizarre ways to the earth climate and cause plagues of unknown origin, which cannot be understood because of the extraterrestrial causative organism. The country will be at war or fixing to go to war and will have a paranoid mindset. Thinking the crash is a result of enemy weapons, the soldiers will shoot anything that moves.

Looking up that:

At sunrise one will see a great fire,
Noise and light extending towards Aquilon:
Within the circle death and one will hear cries,
Through steel, fire, famine, death awaiting them.

(www.crystalinks.com...)

Hm, I dont think I need to check into the rest. Whoever wrote the document is clearly about fiction with absolutely no relation to the actual quatrains.

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by merka

Thanks Merka... exactly as I suspected. It's easy to take such encrypted words and "Interpret" them however you wish. That being said, these interpretations are certainly Waaaaaaaaaaay out there.

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 04:08 PM
link   

reply to post by merka

Thanks Merka... exactly as I suspected. It's easy to take such encrypted words and "Interpret" them however you wish. That being said, these interpretations are certainly Waaaaaaaaaaay out there.

I was thinking the same thing as I read through the OP's material. What he provided looked nothing like what I've seen in the past from Nostradamus. Like you said, he used quatrains and his writings were extremely vague.

As far as what I've been able to read and watch on TV about Nostradamus, he has not really impressed me. His predictions were extremely vague. After several centuries go by, it's easy to take thousands of vague predictions and somehow interpret a few of them to events that actually took place. The closest Nostradamus prediction that I've personally read was the one that supporters claim predicts the rise and fall of Nazi Germany and Adolf Hitler. In it, he refers to a man as "Hissler" or something similar. People think it refers to Hitler not only because of the similarity to his name, but because the river that Hitler supposedly grew up near was once called Hissler, or something like that. It also said that he would rule over modern day Germany, I believe. I think there are also predictions that some claim refer to Napoleon.

I remember reading somewhere that Nostradamus made over 10,000 predictions in his lifetime. If all of them were as vague as the ones that I've seen, then surely one could interpret them to fit certain events as time goes by. The only problem is this: I have yet to see a single prediction from Nostradamus that came true AFTER it was brought to my attention. We only see predictions from Nostradamus that are matched after the fact. This may just be because his writings are written in quattrains and with code words because it was dangerous to do what he did during the time he lived. But it could also be that his predictions are completely bogus!

Anyway, the interpretations that were quoted by the OP are just plain rediculous. The very fact that he uses words like "radiotelescopy" which not only didn't exist during Nostradamus' time, but would be almost impossible to describe with the terms he used in a single quattrain alone, is absurd. I'm not even going to waste any time debunking the rest.

In closing, I hold no ill will towards the OP nor do I blame him for doing anything wrong. He had good intentions when he posted this stuff. Unfortunately, it's garbage. It reminds me of the mass e-mail that we all got around 9/11 saying that Nostradamus had predicted the attacks. Apparantly, it turned out that the quattrain in the e-mail was fabricated and that he never actually wrote it.

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rasputin13
Anyway, the interpretations that were quoted by the OP are just plain rediculous. The very fact that he uses words like "radiotelescopy" which not only didn't exist during Nostradamus' time, but would be almost impossible to describe with the terms he used in a single quattrain alone, is absurd. I'm not even going to waste any time debunking the rest.

From the official site:

"Dr. Michael Rathford has studied Quatrains of Nostradamus since 1975. He is the author of the best-selling book, The Nostradamus Code: World War III.

By combining traditional analysis techniques with state of the art data mining algorithms, he is able to search the equivalent of the entire library of congress in less than ten minutes.

With these tools, he was able to make the significant discoveries that resulted in the book The Nostradamus Code."

I highly doubt this man studied his quatrains since 1975 and just "made it up".

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Rasputin... agree with you 100%!!!

Sadly, Nostradamus became a "prophet" or a "Seer" when, in reality, he should have been a poet or an author... nothing more. He constructed very strange prose, nothing more.

And you are absolutely correct. NEVER has anyone ever taken one of his quatrains and used them to reveal an event that would occur in the future. Instead, they are always deconstructions fabricated to fit into an event that had already occurred... and usually at a fantastic stretch at that!

Finally, I'm not here to flame the OP either. S/he did nothing wrong. The pupose of these forums is to introduce thought provoking material to be investigated and debated; which was done. However, I think that it is safe to say that the consensus is that these interpretations are grossly misinterpreted.

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by GeeGee

Time out!!! This guy is a.) selling books and b.) full of it! I have been in computing for 20 years and there is no algorithm that could possibly do anything meaningful with the data contained in the library of congress in 10 minutes unless it simply scanned it!

Sorry, but that just sealed the deal for me. I want to see these alleged "Algorithms" and what they are designed to do.

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Time out!!! This guy is a.) selling books and b.) full of it! I have been in computing for 20 years and there is no algorithm that could possibly do anything meaningful with the data contained in the library of congress in 10 minutes unless it simply scanned it!

Sorry, but that just sealed the deal for me. I want to see these alleged "Algorithms" and what they are designed to do.

Hrmm, you actually might be right. I searched for his name, and no pictures or any other information has come up on this author.

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 07:07 PM
link   
I find this stuff so vague it can be made to fit anything. However, since I will be at the hospital Sunday night, I'll watch the History Channel where there is supposed to be "The Lost Book of Nostradamus" coming on.

I'm not expecting much, but it will be better than a lot of the other crap on TV.

<<   2  3 >>

join