It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.N. Delays Release of Iraqi Weapons Declaration

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2002 @ 06:23 PM
link   
UNITED NATI0NS/BAGHDAD (Reuters) - The United Nations will delay release for as much as a week Iraq's crucial weapons declaration until U.N. arms inspectors and nuclear experts have had a chance to screen the mammoth document....

www.reuters.com...;jsessionid=5WQQWSVVKG40SCRBAEKSFEY?type=topNews&storyID=1866540

posted on Dec, 8 2002 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Yes and the US is again placed in the position of addressing a problem related to the Eastern
Hemisphere. Personally I feel it is sickening, If the United States focussed all its recources on improving conditions in the Western Hemisphere. Life in this part of the world would actually be as enriching as it is to all Citizens of the US (maybe that is something to consider in relation to a conspiracy).

Alas the Eastern Hemisphere cannot feed itself. She does not have suffcient recources to provide employment for 75% of her population. Her countries have all armed themselves with nulcear, chemical and biological weapons and no one seems to want to get along. Personally, I do not want to see any more American soldiers die in the Eastern Hemisphere. Because of what seems as an inherent lack of respect for each other, in that part of the world (its been almost 100 years and that is enough).

My impression is this, if weapons of Mass destruction do exsit in Iraq. Rather than risk the lives of American soldiers, we should determine exactly how much C-4 (explosive) can fit into the hull of a C-5 Galaxy (our largest aircraft) and apply such a weapon tactically against whatever threat, can potentiually result in the death of several thousands of our troops. This type of weapon would be conventional in that there would be no radiation. But it is true that the resultant explosion would be equivalent to about 80 killotons (that is if the US does not have a more powerfull conventional explosive in its aresenal, than what is known as C4).

MM I recently had a conversation with Thomas Crown about "Army Algebra". Some may have been confused about what that exactly means. When a battle has ended and one side is the victor, it is there responsibility to identify there dead and takes them out of the battlefelid (first). This entails not only retreiving bodies but as well body parts. Phiscally you have to prepare separate piles (when it comes to body parts) One for our side one for the other side. You gotta get real close and personal you know. The Geneva Convention and all that cover all, Identifying differences in what is left of the uniform as well as physical differences are real important. One cannot help but do the very best to get it right so the next time around, one is chosen to make sure that the Job is preformed correctly. Suffice to say when understanding what war is all about this duty makes clear a potential definition (making sure the body parts are delivered to the right funeral).

For nearly100 years American troops have died as a result of the fact, that the Eastern Hemisphere cannot get their act together. It has been made apparent to me that dealing with their problems are necessary. As the radioactive cloud which would develop otherwise would affect this hemisphere environment (if I could find a way to avoid that, guess what would be my response to eastern hemispheric issues

Genin (is it really appropriate at this time to call you that) you changed your avatar from that of a soldier to that of a leader of men (that is what Ronins do). Perhaps it would be best to consider all options and draw a conclusion based on common ground.

To be honest young Ronin would like to hear your thoughts? Do not fear your conclusion will be taken to heart, as it is your first one.cool:

[Edited on 8-12-2002 by Toltec]

posted on Dec, 8 2002 @ 07:39 AM
link   
We have a situation in which the US is about to attack and invade Iraq.They are also being asked before hand to declare any weapons programs and any locations that may be of interest to the UN.In doing so they will be jepordising their ability to defend their own country against acts of agression.Is it really any wonder that the UN have decided to withhold the Iraqi declaration from public scrutiny?

Remember the UN is an international organisation and its main purpose is to resolve conflict around the world.It is not a branch of the US intelligence services with a duty to provide imformation to the US administration that could give it a decisive advantage when eventually Bush decides he can't be arsed to abide by international law any longer.

posted on Dec, 8 2002 @ 08:13 AM
link   
The UN won't even have the documents until Tuesday, maybe longer as they're trying to minimise any "media-splash" arrival and do it in discreet packets.
Then there's the tiny matter of translation..and before that, testing for anthrax, smallpox, depleted uranium, monosodium glutamate, unsaturated fats, asbestos, hidden HTML...blah...yawn....

posted on Dec, 8 2002 @ 08:14 AM
link   
I can be very sure that within hours of the Iraqi declaration to the UN, the US intelligence services would have obtained a copy.
It is only secret to the world public.

posted on Dec, 8 2002 @ 08:21 AM
link   
I'm sure Mad Sc. that MI5, the Russians, The Israelis, Uncle Tom Cobbleigh and all, will have had a "copy" (not necessarily all the same, of course, and no doubt Baghdad sent several) - how does that speed up the translation of 11,000-odd pages, the "sanitisation" and so forth
-and, if the western secret services insist that Iraq has WMD - why would a copy of a document, insisting that Iraq hadn't ,be of any use whatsoever?

posted on Dec, 8 2002 @ 06:55 PM
link   
the leader of an iraqi oppostion group in iran said he has "strong evidence" that saddam has WMD

posted on Dec, 9 2002 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Alas, F-16, my underlings in Baghdad inform me that leaders of Iraqi Opposition groups were not, in fact, invited to contribute towards the compilation of this catalogue. Indeed, they were - apparently -expressly excluded.
Which comes to the next stage of this diplomatic stud poker.
We can safely assume, I imagine, that there is not an Appendix to this catalogue entitled "Exact details of Hidden WMD": in short, that whatever is in this great heap of paper and CD's -there will nothing to implicatye Saddam.
Which leaves Saddam and Bush each asking the impossible of the other.
Just at this moment, I think Saddam has the better hand - he's shown you his: now you show him yours: Blair and Bush have been saying for months that they have conclusive evidence that they will reveal at the appropriate time.
Now would appear to be the appropriate time; but: either they have no such evidence, or -revealing such evidence could pose monumental risks for Intelligence operatives. In either case, they will be left loooking a little foolish, unless they manage to bluff convincingly: delays on "processing" the catalogue may help in this.

The next Bush/Blair move will help us decide who's actually going to fold, finally, on this Inspection business.

top topics

join