It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something i will allways remember, help me find out what it was..

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Hey guys, this is my first post here, and this looks like a great forum. Anyways, i really want to find out what this creature i saw was. IT was about 3 years ago when i was 12 year old, when this event happened. It was in deep Louisiana back woods, real near a huge military bombing/testing area. It was "mount carmel" or something to that sorts. Anyways, we lived around 80 miles away from anyone. It was just me, my dad, and my grandmother. One day, i went out a mile or two into the woods on a hike. Out of no where, i heard something jumping through the brush. I panicked, and realized my dad and grandma were about 50 miles away getting food. I turned, and about 5 feet in front of me was something i will never forget. Around 8 feet tall, completely furry, the legs of one of those jack rabit type things. A face of a wolf, with huge teeth. Huge eyes. I # myself basically and turn and ran as fast as a i could away. I heard breathing behind me, And what sounded like it running away. This event will always haunt me, and scare me. I know it was real, 100 percent. No one has ever belived me though.

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Chupacabra or a suckubus.....or the offspring from a wolf having sex with a jackrabbit and then a bigfoot humped it.

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Possibly a chupacabra, not sure the size of those things though, could even have been a werewolf. Sounds a mystery to me though, could you possibly draw a picture of something from your description, it would help greatfully.

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 10:05 AM
link   
@ Opulisum
I don't have a scanner, and i suck at paint.
haha

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Slaveofthebeast

Lol ok, doesnt matter, do some research on the chupacabra and werewolfs, find pictures and try and find the similarites and then you can be sure of what you saw.

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 02:45 PM
link   

That sort of looks like it.

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Hey slave.

That looks like a really bad drawing of one of the ripley aliens*, if you want me to be frank - although granted i can imagine things much worse than a mere hive warrior.

P.S: Welcome to ATS, btw.

EDIT: *Oh wait, i can zoom in.

N/m about the ripley stuff, i'd suggest doing some research on werewolves, but don't take it too seriously.

[edit on 27-10-2007 by Throbber]

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Like i said before slave, that really looks like a werewolf.

Off topic: Hey throb, you live in north east england, where abouts?

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Could it be your imagination at 12 or 15? I would imagine at 12, you're quite small and may appear "frail" to a carnivorous animal, such as the one depicted (to a t) in your picture. I would imagine a lone wolf even consider taking you out, hungry or not. I can't see any natural explanation for why this beast didn't take you out. It's upright body at 8 feet tall, completely muscular, and living in a hill region would indicate it has a high energy consumption. You would make an easy catch.

If this story isn't a fabricated hoax, I hope you find some closure.

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 02:49 PM
link   
@ DeadFlagBlues

I know it wasnt my imagination, i don't remember the incident that well. And everyone thinks i made it up for attention.

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 03:13 PM
link   

People don't believe you for a reason. It's called "probability." There are also some holes in your story, and you're grammar/syntax is amazing at 15. We have a lot of people coming in here and telling us things that may have not happened to get attnention or a spike in points. You wouldn't be one of those people would you? If not, you should probably eleborate on your story a little bit.

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 03:19 PM
link   
If you live 80 miles away from anyone (and that is really the middle of nowhere), then its possible that the land has never been researched. Its possible that there is some sort of animal species living there that has not been discovered. 80 miles from anyone?!?! how the hell do you live like that?!?

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 04:42 PM
link   
very intresting experience

i agree that there might be a new species of animal or possibly a new cryptid that you saw it sounds like even though it was 8 ft tall it still was some what frightened of u which is very weird. It might have had sensitive ears and was scared when you screamed since this animal lives in the middle of nowhere it might not be used to loud noises.

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeadFlagBlues

People don't believe you for a reason. It's called "probability." There are also some holes in your story, and you're grammar/syntax is amazing at 15. We have a lot of people coming in here and telling us things that may have not happened to get attnention or a spike in points. You wouldn't be one of those people would you? If not, you should probably eleborate on your story a little bit.

I take that as a complement, i may be only 15 but I've gone through and experienced much more in my life than the average 15 year old, and i consider myself much more mature than the average 15 year old. I personally think everyone should use good spelling, using bad spelling just makes you look bad. Alright, back to the story. I was probably exaggerating when i said 80 miles, it felt like it. A more reasonable distance, would be around 20 miles? It was in the middle of no where, and at 12, it seemed far away. Let me show you a picture.

What more should i elaborate on?

[edit on 28-10-2007 by Slaveofthebeast]

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I think you probably saw a bigfoot. Being 12 it probably scared the hell out of you and that is why you posted the angry picture you did.
Bigfoot is commonly believed to be mostly vegetarian and if true, that's why he didn't eat you. In the winter when food is scarce bigfoot might kill an occasional deer. But from stories I've heard, he only eats certain organs and not the whole deer. He probably doesn't like meat very much and only eats it to survive.
Total speculation on my part, but it does come from years of research.

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I didn't know bigfoot lived in Louisiana?

[edit on 29-10-2007 by Slaveofthebeast]

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 03:40 PM
link   
That illustration is a Garou in Crinos form from the White Wolf game Werewolf: The Apocalypse.

They don't really exist. Nice try though.

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by MajorMalfunction
That illustration is a Garou in Crinos form from the White Wolf game Werewolf: The Apocalypse.

They don't really exist. Nice try though.

I was just saying it vaugly resembled what i saw.

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 05:17 PM
link   
but Santa is real though...

there might be some weird stff living in the back woods of LA, if the xfiles have taught us anything at all is that the truth is out there.

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by ghostryder21
if the xfiles have taught us anything at all is that the truth is out there.

X-files -- also fiction.

Not intended to be a one liner, but it is all I have to say.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join