It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the end of time date predetermined?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Hello all. I am new here so I would like to say hello. If this is the wrong place to post this please move it. I am trying to learn the ropes so to speak.
Here is my question: If there is a higher power that created all life, and an end of time date will come to pass. Do you believe it is a predetermined date or do you think our actions could expedite the day.
I was thinking lately and I got to wondering about this. If there is a higher power that created all life, could we as a human race do something so offensive that this higher power would look down and say "I've had enough " and come back to pass judgement.
I believe there is God who created all of this but I also believe we have free will. I believe there will be an end of time but how it will end will be determined by our actions. (nuclear war,global warming etc.)
I also know people are actively trying to clone people and things. If we as a species master cloning (the creation of life) do you think God might say " SO you think you can create life, watch this" . Or do you think we could do anything so extremely offensive it would merit the wrath of God so to speak. I got to thinking about the flood, Sodom and Gomorrah, Jericho etc. It's not like we haven't ticked him off before. I look forward to your responses. Thanks Jane

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 05:57 PM
link   
God is not separate from us. There is no man in the sky that casts judgements onto the peoples of earth. God is a singularity, existing in a perpetual state, and we are a part of that. The future is changeable because the nature of God is creation.

If the end of time comes, it will be because we created it.

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Hi seeJanerun,

Hope this information helps you, God gave man exactly six thousand years to rule himself, we are about four years away from the end of this time hence the escalation of crazy bleep in the world.
God will not give up on his children.

Good luck.

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 06:05 PM
link   
i suppose that the implied 'time allowed for mankind to rule'
of six-thousand years is not an exact end date...

And according to the Hebrew calendar it is year ~ 5768

so earthlings have another 232 years before the year 6,000
of recorded Jewish tradition (which is when their G-D
takes over the planet Earth),
and this Judo-Christian time line is probably what your thinking about.

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Thank you for your responses. I also believe that the end will come in my lifetime (as have many others, I know) but I was wondering if there was anything anyone could forsee that would cause this to happen sooner than the 6,000 yrs. This is the first I have heard of 6,000 yrs. Where does that come from ? Jane

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 06:21 PM
link   
i thought the aztecs calander was giving us till 2011, but maybe we should go with the hebrews numbers....
im in no rush myself....

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 06:25 PM
link   
No one knows the exact date or hour of the end. Some here may even argue that God does not exist, not me though. As for 2011,2012 no one knows for sure what lies ahead. It could be death/destruction or it could be a new life on new planets. I try not to think about it.

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by seejanerun
Thank you for your responses. I also believe that the end will come in my lifetime (as have many others, I know) but I was wondering if there was anything anyone could forsee that would cause this to happen sooner than the 6,000 yrs. This is the first I have heard of 6,000 yrs. Where does that come from ? Jane

All Christians that have lived also believe this, some of there shepherds have even gone as far as putting dates on when this day world come, only to see the date come and go, they all throughout history felt they were living in the end times. Is this anyway to live?

If the Christian God is real, only he knows the hour. It does seem the the Christian Dominated world is attempting to make prophecy come true, i.e. forming the state of Israel after WWII, attempting to form one world governments, endless war in the Middle East.

People live and die everyday, it's the nature of things. Don't dwell on if the end is neigh, because as a mortal being, the bell tolls for thee, and you could be gone tomorrow, so live your life as there is no tomorrow.

Welcome to ATS, the BBQ is great, the wine is sweet, but watch out for the women they are known for whacking people with sticks.

LDF

[edit on 25-10-2007 by LDragonFire]

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Somehow what I am wanting to know and what I conveyed are two different things. I'm sorry. In order to answer what I want to know you have to moderately believe that there is a higher power and at some point in time life as we know it wiill end. Having said that my question is do you believe that day, whatever date it may be is all ready written in the stars or do you believe we could do something so bad in the eyes of this higher power that our action would cause the end. If you think our actions could cause it to happen sooner than the predetermined date (if there is one) what act (s) do you think might cause that to happen. Thaks Jane

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by seejanerun

What is meant by your understanding of the "end"? The extinction of humanity?

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 06:53 PM
link   
The end could be whatever a person believes it will be. I haven't a clue how it will end it could be by the extinction of humanity,it could be the dawning of a new age or armegedden or what ever a person personally believes will bring about the end of life as we know it. I'm just curious if people believe the date is all ready known to God or if it is to be determined by our actions.
God has demonstrated in the past that He will destroy people places and things if He is ticked off enough. So what do you think we as a people could do that would cause something like that to happen again, or even if you think we could?
I hope I explained this right. Thanks again Jane

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by seejanerun

I'm just curious if people believe the date is all ready known to God
or if it is to be determined by our actions.

If 'TEOTWAWKI', is date driven, then i must add that theologians and religious scholars in reading the Christian Bible have determined that the world started in 4004 BC........ and now its 2007,
thaty means man has been in charge for 6011 years aleady..
then if we add the 5 years until 2012 (the Maya calander date)
that would mean that man has had 6016 years of free will,
which would fall into the 'window' of 6,000 years in the Judeo-Christian Bible.

Now, i'm one for 'event' determination rather than 'time' determination of any prophecy.
recall that the world needed a massive genocide/dieoff because 99.9999% (everyone but Noah's familys) was cut-off from G-d....
recall that the destruction of Sodom & Gomorrah wasn't date driven either, it was event, or condition driven.
most of the other terrors that the tribal G-d of the Isrealites' did was more for the establishing their empire, rather than for punishing mankind for
not accepting that El/Ya/YHWH as their singular supreme God.

As for humanity having the hubris and arrogance of fashioning hybrid and engineered humans/clones/designer children, yes i think that would
be enough to set off a 'event' determined series of plagues/wraths/bowls/trumpet judgements upon humanity. If that were a truth & reality or something like a Karmic consequence.

nice Questions there Jane

[edit on 25-10-2007 by St Udio]

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 07:28 PM
link   
St Udio, thank you so much. You answered my questions. That is what I was asking.
Jane

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by seejanerun

Hi Jane,

Four thousand years up till the time Jesus died on the cross, then another two thousand years from said date.
People get confused with genesis because they believe it talks of the beginning of earth and the universe, this is simply wrong as the presence of dinosaur bones/fossils prove the earth is older than six thousand.
The figure for the six thousand years is measured by cycles of the sun and moon, off the top of my head I cant remember how exactly but I can find out for you (it does not state six thousand but once you understand the cycles it is easier then to work out how much time God gave man) but because man has changed how we keep time it has been lost to us i.e. Sunday is start of week not Monday and in genesis God tells us exactly how to keep the time hence sunset is end of day and sunrise is beginning of day, simple but beautiful.

Mr. Armstrong explained the
significance of 100 time-cycles. He explained how God set the
earth, sun and moon in their orbits to mark off divisions of time on
the earth. One revolution of the earth is a day. One revolution of the
moon around the earth is a lunar month (according to God’s sacred
calendar). One revolution of the earth around the sun is a solar year.
But the earth, the sun and the moon come into almost exact
conjunction only once in 19 years. Thus, 19 years make one
complete time-cycle!

God gave us a set amount of time to rule ourselves, then after revelation has taken place we will have one thousand years (revelation 20) of Gods rule, equalling seven thousand years for seven days of the week, seven thunders, seven trumpets and seven seals. This one thousand is to show how good life can be when everyone sticks to Gods teachings, like an example so that we can look back at the six thousand and realise what a mess we made of our time.

God is precise in everything that he does hence how beautiful the universe ticks over, revelation can not be changed because man is too arrogant in his thinking, it would take every person on earth to have a change of heart, religions cant even agree on which one is right, only one can be, hence the course we are on cannot not be altered.

Sorry took so long, I don’t like posting when I don’t have the full answer,
7 days in a week set in stone by God in genesis.
1 day represents 1000 years in Gods plan.
6 days for mans work = 6000 years of mans self-rule.
7th day for Gods Sabbath/holy day = 1000 years under Gods rule (rev20).
It sounds too simple to be true but like everything God has laid out man comes along after and over complicates matters.

I hope this makes sense to you.

P.S. Revelation does not signal the end of the world like most believe, just the end of mans self-rule, mans goverments, our six thousand years will be over and it will be Gods turn.

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 06:36 PM
link   
The end is set like an alarm of a watch. Certain actions meet certain truths as set by our higher self. The truth will be made clear as to who you each truely are of. The future of Christ shall rise and reveal great signs and wonders from heaven. The end fades out as the beginning fades in.

top topics

join