It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possesed By a Demon

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vipassana
reply to post by chicscribe

I'm not denying the existence of absolute evil, rather the existence of demons. And if its not bi-polar disorder, it could be a host of other psychological issues. Exorcisms are placebos. No entity can evolve to the point of being able to take over someone without being good intentioned in the first place. They can not and will not affect you negatively. You are in control of your own spirit and body.

Exorcism should never be used until everything else has been exhausted, and in this precise situation more psychological analysis is needed. If you do not believe in Demons or Angels or even God that is fine, I am sure though you could agreeably come to the conclusion that if these individuals that are suffering cannot be remedied with any known methods, why not try the placebo if that is what they constantly bemoan. If it is mental skulduggery then they will be satisfied and if there are really demons(God Forbid) then they will be expelled, if another of the myriad of conditions was misdiagnosed then an Exorcism will not help one bit and more testing would be imperative. I must say though you are seemingly correct in the assumption of Bi-polar disorder in this instance. On other things I will respectfully disagree but with a hearty emphasis on respectfully, have a pleasant night .

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 08:08 PM
link   
For some reason, I was told stories as a kid that humans with black eyes are possessed, and that once the demon leaves their body their eyes turn back to whatever color they were born with.

I personally have not witnessed a possession, but since I was forced to go to a christian school growing up, I was told these stories during chapel, either to scare the poopnuts out of us or what I do not know.

I was also told that demons can be summoned by anything that might have an inherently evil symbol drawn or designed into it. For example, the story went that this kid bought a squirt gun with a pentagram [and yes, this is just from this christian perspective assuming that the pagan symbol IS evil, despite the contrary] on it, and every night after, the kid saw a dark red glowing figure in his doorway. Once he threw the gun away, the apparition vanished.

Personally, I think religion wanted to explain unknown spastic behaviors, and since demons existed in their views, it made perfect sense.

I have more proof by medical science's definition of mood disorders and what not, but there is not definitive proof for or against the validity of genuine demonic possessions.

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Well assuming whether or not demons are real will persuade my answer. So i feel obligated not to respond.

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Thank you all for the input to my original question. There has been a lot of great information presented here that have enlightnened my thoughts on demons. I didn't want to get to personal here but I fell there is some good feedback here that may be beneficial to me.

My reason for asking about the demons goes a long way back to a point in time which I can not shake from my memory. During a particular instance we were engaged in an activity that mildly altered our state of mind. During this episode the person swore that there were demons trying to get her. This seemed to pass fairly quickly as I instictively prayed for her. Now I have never experianced anyhting like this to my being but also consider myself of fairly strong faith and feel that I may being protected for some greater purpose. From reading this post and also from my limited knowledge on the subject demons tend to prey on the weak or those that may have some sort of issue to begin with.

The behavior I speak about, happened before the above incident and has continued to this very day. It has weakened my soul and sucked the life out of me. My dreams were always of someone that would be by my side and be a part of my being as we share and grow together. Instead I now have a person that I can not communicate with, and in my opinion is verbally abusive. Maybe I'm wrong and maybe this is normal behavior for someone that is upset but I just don't see any point nor can I see any logic in a mood swing from a sweet caring person into a monster that flys off the handle for something she does not agree with or want. I am tired of being cussed and especially tired of being called names and having derogatory statements made at my person. I have been doing a little research on abusive behaviors and see this as some sort of control factor. The other interesting point is that I have also seen this behavior demonstrated by both her adoptive mother and grandmother and I am beginning to see it manifest itself in our children. From my perspective it appears that if she doesn't get what she wants or doesn't like a recent action or what was said she manifests this behavior as yelling, screaming, cussing, and name calling until she either gets what she wants. Another thing I see in her is that she tends to block out things that are uncomfortable for her and she refuses to accept life for what it is, or possibly it's because she is so materialistic and wants to be the preverbial rich mans wife that does not have to work, has a cleaning lady and a credit card with no limit.

Then again perhaps I am all wrong about her behavior and I deserve everything I get because I am a constant diddapointment to her.

I'm Tired! I feel like a slave to her and no matter what I do I just can't seem to make her happy. I am beyond the point of expressing how I feel because it gets thrown up in my face, I can not have a conversation with her without the fear I will say something to set her off. I love her to death and especially love my children but I just don't know what to do anymore. We have tried counselling on two ocassions one ended up that the therapist wouldn't see us together until she was able to work with my wife alone for a while. That lasted a month or two. Then again after a short seperation that ended up in choas.

Just looking for some feedback, anybody else been in a similar situation? For the record I am a christian and I am a bit torn by the divorce issue but equally torn by the following passages

Proverbs 21:19 states, "It is better to live in a desert land Than with a contentious and vexing woman."

Proverbs 27:15 states, "A constant dripping on a day of steady rain And a contentious woman are alike;" (compare with Proverbs 19:13)

Thanks for your help

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by photobug

To respond to your inquiry on the series of Proverbs on contentious women first. You must think about it from the writer's point of view. The writings are attributed to King Solomon who had a vast menagerie of wives, I am quite steadfast in believing that there may have been some quarrelsome wives mixed in there, and even in dealing with Hundreds (Yes that is Hundreds or precisely 700 wives and 300 concubines) of wives one would weary of the constant nagging. It must be stated though that nagging is not the right word because if Hundreds of people asked you the same question one time it would seem much like nagging without it being so in the traditional sense.

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 12:32 PM
link   

If I may be so bold as to ask a few questions.

Has the person in Question had any psychological history besides the aforementioned therapy?

What were you doing that was altering your state of mind at the time? Example: Marijuana, '___' or any sort of drug but specific drugs please.

Did all of the trouble begin after this one experience of which she claims to have seen the Demon?

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Doctor Schlock

Just a little marijuana. Havn't touched it since. Problems have been during the entire course of our relationship. The only other Pshcological problems I am aware of is abuse as a child.

[edit on 28-10-2007 by photobug]

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 07:55 PM
link   

If I may speak frankly, she sounds like a supercilious toad. The children may be learning this from her, as it is tolling on all to be around someone such as this. The demon? Well she sounds like a real devil of a friend
. Her past abuse may still haunt her but that may be all that is. And since Marijuana was involved, the vision may have just been a hallucination. Sorry I do not mean to rationalize away things such as this and I have always held a certain contempt for those who have, but tangible explanations must be consulted before the demonic is considered. Although I doubt demons may be dynamic in this, I am sorry for your situation with her, I hope someday you both can be reconciled. Just keep praying, God can redeem even the most egregious individual.

I am off for tonight have a good night and be strong, not in yourself but with God.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 08:36 PM
link   
this sounds like a mental disorder of some sort. first, its important to try and understand the issues involved and see it as a psychological and emotional probelm, which can be better understood through the use of good therapist and someone skilled in helping people to understand what may be causing a mental ilness.
However, in some cases evil spirits can attach themselves to and excacerbate mental ilness. Especially if the person has claimed to bea chrisitan at some point. as for possession, which is rare, there is a good test to find out if this is the case. ask the person to pray out loud in front of you, that jesus would help to reveal and heal the mind and heart of that person and any ilness which needs to be adressed. if the person cannot and will not do this or reacts strongly against this, then you may be dealing with a demonic influence. the wrod jesus is the key. and remember if true possession is suspected, then get the help of preist who is knowledgeable in these things.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 11:12 PM
link   
I really feel for you, you're obviously really suffering. I have had one experience of demonic possession, but that doesn't appear to be the case here.

I agree with the previous posters that suggest some kind of mental illness. If so the abuse is a very likely cause - especially if the adoptive mother and grandmother had similar symptoms as this would indicate that perhaps they were abused too. You didn't mention who the abuser was.

The reason that your children are copying the behaviour of your wife is that their respect for you is being undermined by them witnessing your wife's constant bullying of you. I chose the word bullying deliberately!
You are now suffering from a loss of self esteem as a result. This became apparent when you questioned whether you yourself is to blame.

This of course doesn't help you! If she is mentally ill as a result of being abused, then it's only going to add to your sense of guilt when you consider leaving and as you say, you love your children.

The questions you need to ask yourself are:

How long can you cope with the current situation?

Is witnessing your wifes treatment of you healthy for your children?(Remember they learn how to behave in a relationship from the example their parent's set).

Would it be better for your children if you left?

Would it be better for you?

From your description it sounds as if you're an abused husband - abuse doesn't have to be physical. You question whether you're to blame, abused women always blame themselves for making their partner angry before he beats seven shades of s### out of them!

Obviously the ideal situation would be for your wife to have treatment or councilling and for it to be successful. If this is not possible, you have to consider what is best for you and your children.

I am not a councillor, or any kind of relationship expert, I'm just a married man with two kids. So treat what I've said with the appropriate amount of caution. But the current situation is not healthy for you, your wife or your children.

Good luck!

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Doctor Schlock

You sound knowledgeble and well-read on the topic of possessions/demons etc. I have been looking around on the internet trying to find information/characterstics/traits of possible spirit or demonic possessions in children. I normally would scoff at this, and truly believe that psychological disorders need to be identified first, however, one someone disturbing thing is the child in question is only five, and reacted very strongly to an ancient (sanskrit? hebrew?) name for God....threw a fit, and demaned to know where that word was heard, and to never use it again.
I'm just doing some base research to see how to approach a potential issue...any information, or direction to look would be greatly appreciated. I'm not the best in internet searches

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 11:52 AM
link   

It can also be Borderline Personality.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   
I just wanted to post an update to this thread for anyone that may be interested or anyone that is having similar difficulties in their lives.

Over the past year I have been seeing a counselor regarding this issues. She was able to help me identify and cope with the fact that yes as a man I had been suffering at the hands of an abusive woman. I had already sensed that but my counselor was able to help me deal with the issue that yes man can be abused as well as a woman simply for the fact that a man will go above and beyond in trying to please a woman. This is compounded by the fact that abusers will place insucurities into your mind and use that against use to keep control. They do that by trying to instill into you that their behaviors are your fault. Everybody has faults and everybody has insecurities and you soon realize that no matter what you do you will never be able to please or make this person happy becasue quite frankly they are not happy with themselves.

I remember my counselors words during a conversation when I was trying to understand why and how people can behave this way she said "you can't understand it or comprehend it becasue there brains do not function normally" With that being said I don't have to understand it nor do I care to understand it my only goal is to prevent the same thing from happening to my children.

To further state my story The question in my mind arose how do you prove in a court of law that a person is manipulative and controlling when the the definition of that type of person is manipulation and control while maintaining a perfect personification to the world? The answer is quite simple really you must record the behavior.

So I did I recorded telephone calls as well as ambient recordings of the every day going ons in the house. Low and behold what did I find? The same behaviors were being manifested to my children in the form of verbal and emotional abuse. I can not tell you how I cried and almost lost in when I heard the first tapes of her screaming profanities at my two beautiful little girls. Calling them fraking brats, banshess, etc etc. I also learned through taped telephone calls that my wife was an excessive shoplifter and hearing conversations between a friend of hers they were planning a shoplifting trip in the ATlanta Ga area. Well I hired a PI to follow her around on that trip and what happened. The PI watched them shoplift all day long with my children and at the end of the day she got caught and arrested.

My point here is that what started as an undrlying problem of emotional, verbal, and financial abuses turned into an assortment of many other problems. They include not only emotional and verbal type abuses but also kleptomaniac behaviors, problems self medicating with prescription drugs, lying, cheating, and a varieyt of other moral and social issues.

I filed for divorce shortly after she returned from jail. I have been fighting for custody of my children ever since then. It is an uphill battle especially for a man. One of the main problems has been that the powers to be do not recognize abuse unless the children are physiccally harmed and show signs of bruises, cuts, burns, etc. However any psychiatrist will tell you that emotional scars are far worst than physical ones.

The other issue I am facing is that it is basically illegal for tape recording even in the privacy of your home. I risk being prosecuted for taping in my own home. There also is no method in which a private citizen may obtain the authority or a warrant to tape record in his or her own home to be able to prove abuse such as what my family has had to endure.

My court date is in two weeks. I am soliting your prayers so that the court may accuratley see the truth in my case and my children may be protected from this behavior.

I am also looking for information or otehr similar cases in order that I may begin working on correcting this law so that a normal citizen can obtain a warrant to do audio surveillance in their own home. Immediatley upon learning of the legalities involved in teh recordings I actively sought a method by which I could do this legally. There is no avenue for this and an exception to the law must be made and put into place. So If you have any advice, contact or information regarding how one would change the law I would appreciate your advice.

In the meantime thank you for your comments I still beleive that my soon to be Ex may indeed have some sort of possesion as that often manifests itself as a form of mental illness. I am also aware that there is a definate possibility that she may be borderline personality as well.

Thank you for your time

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackProjects

As a christian it is our belief that once a person accepts Jesus Christ as savior -the Holy Spirit comes into our heart. Being more powerful than demons they cannot therefore take up residence.

I tend to differ; I've experienced many things over the past two years that I can't explain except to accept that there is a superspiritual world that co-exists around us only not seen by many... I am a believer in Christ.

I am also a believer who wandered away and is finding my way back but through my own experiences, and things seen (such as images as angels a few times and twice demons) I do believe that we can become weak due to our own decisions, choices, etc and allow Satan an door into our lives to maybe not 'posses' us but to alter us, confuse us, further drag us into the 'pit'.

I've read many books looking for logical or spiritual explanations of what has transpired, the things I've seen or heard or felt and again from what I've read, we can 'weaken' ourselves to those demons. We don't lose our salvation but we sure can mess up our lives here on earth.

I think things like mental illness (bi-polar) or abuse or severe trauma further give demons a stronghold into our lives.

I could very well be wrong and maybe you're correct that we can't be possessed if we confess Christ as our Savior but Christians can open up even bigger cans of worms to the darkness that surrounds us. Even bigger cans than those who don't believe - nothing gives Satan a bigger thrill than watching one of Christ's children fall. That said, nothing makes Satan more angry that watching God reach down to one of his fallen, pick them up and "anoint them" with His love and grace either, reminding him (Satan, his demons and his legions) that there is no love greater than his.

I rambled there - just wanted to voice that I don't believe Christians are immune to possession.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 08:02 PM
link   
It's funny how so many refuse to believe demons exist.

A lot of our world leaders are possessed by them, due to their occult practices. If demons don't exist, then why do the elite engage in these rituals, while keeping the masses in the dark about the spirit world?

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by wlfbreeze71

I believe you are correct in your thought process as I have been doing a lot of study on spiritual warfare lately. I firmly believe that a demon can make life miserable for a christian as it is Satans way of destrying our testimony, and although he may not be able to capture our soul he very well be able to capture anothers soul by our actions words etc. It's like a war by destroying A member of God's army it increases his stronghold in the world.

I also agree with the other poster in that many of the world leaders are possesed. During my trials and tribulations of my divorce and going through differant forms of abuse God has truely opened my heart and given me wisdome and insight into how Satan operates. It becomes very clear and I can apply the same lies, deceptions, financial, verbal, emotional, and sexual abuses that occur between an abuser and his/her victim to that of the world and how Satan uses these exact same methods to control and abuse the world.

WHen I used to teach Mangaers how to train mangers one of the things I alwasy taught was that managment was alwasy the same only the products differed. It is the same way with Satan. You can clearly see how he uses "abuse" as a method to control the world but when he inhabits an individual that individual uses the same tactics. Whether it is a husband beating the crap out of his wife or a Dictator invoking mass genocide on his people, it is the same thing.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 09:22 AM
link   
It was once explained to me, that the true signs of demonic haunting or possession require the entity to attack both the mind and the body. Meaning, this thing would attack your train of thought, dreams, visions, blackouts with lost of time, and emotions. It would also mess with your physical being as well, which can include physical attacks, voices, things being moved in your house. The sighting of apparitions. Basically, demonic haunting different from ghostly ones, because ghostly one won't attack your mind, just your body. Not to say it can't be a mix up two, From what I heard some more powerful demonic forces can control spirits and ghosts to do their bidding as well. There was a reference to this before I forgot what its called. Anyways, There are ways to fight back if this is demonic in nature. The best one being able to call upon angels for protective services, arch angel Micheal. There are prayers that you can learn to help.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Please note the below link and brief description for very rapid (hourly cycling of moods) which is fairly rare.

www.dbsalliance.org...

"Rapid Cycling and its Treatment
What is bipolar disorder?
Bipolar disorder, also known as manic depression, is a treatable illness involving extreme changes in mood, thought, energy, and behavior. A person with bipolar disorder has moods that usually alternate between mania, or extremely “up” mood, and depression, or extremely “down” mood. This change or “mood swing” can last for hours, days, weeks, or even months. Typically, someone with bipolar disorder experiences one or two cycles a year, with manic episodes generally occurring in the spring or fall. ...

If there are four mood episodes within a month, it is called ultra-rapid cycling, and when several mood switches occur within a day, on several days during one week, it is called ultra-ultra-rapid, or ultradian cycling. ..."

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Now,

having posted the previous mental disorder post.

Here is a tip... not the easiest to do.

To record crazy behavior of the mother of your children in a valid legal way. Have a scene at a place of business that has a decent camera. Or for that matter, have someone with a small recorder. Tick her off on whatever is her pet peeve. If she follows with her typical behavior then you have recorded 'public' tape of her abusive behavior. Then if you have it done at say at some corner store, you should be able to subpeona for the tape or even just request it from the store (sometimes they are helpful if you appeal for the children's sake). It must be documented in a public arena. Now, if you are really good, it's even better if you get her to go off in the courthouse with tons of judges, clerks, cops, attorneys who can vouch and give an "upstanding" testimony of they scene they witnessed. The hard part is to word your comments so that they seem very calm and "NORMAL" in comparison to her screaming meme..

Good luck. The only other recourse is if one of your children state mommy does this to a sympathetic school counselor. Not that you TELL them to say it EVER. Maybe set it up so that the children are talking to the counselor on regular basis. That kind of child response will usually has the children services on it like likity split.

[edit on 24-3-2009 by mhinsey]

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Being a grumpy jackass doesn't mean you're possessed by demons.

[edit on 2009/3/24 by Aeons]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join