It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Microsoft Conspiracies

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Hi there ATS'ers, I wanted to create a thread to discuss Microsoft Conspiracies. Anyone out there know anything about Microsoft? To start it out I wanted to note some strange things I've encountered but I would love if some one with some real expertise could help out the thread by adding their input.

Here's some thing's that I thought were odd:

For some reason I cannot name a file "con"

Also if you open up Microsoft Word and type:

=Rand(50,50) and then hit Enter, you get a rather strange result, my guess is that it's some type of macro.

Now I know these aren't exactly a Conspiracy that's why I wanted help from folks on ATS. Anyone know if there are any conspiracies regarding Microsoft?

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 05:29 PM
link   
I tryed naming a txt file con, this is very strange, it told me that a filename with the specific name already exists, then I tried with con.doc and con.html, same result.

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by cynical572
=Rand(50,50)

It repeats the following up to 30 Pages long over and over and over:
The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog.

I'll see if I can remember, there's another old trick with MSWord that takes you to a 3D world..... or maybe it's EXCEL... hm, but I remember running around or flying around or just being around in this area and off in the far distance was a pyramid or a wall - with the creators written on this. hmm

There called, EGGS, love Egg hunting

[edit on 25/10/2007 by wyldwylly]

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Seems like an easter egg type thing.

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 05:42 PM
link   
The =Rand() routine is a "pangram". It's a tool used by linguists and typists/keyboardists as a test. A Pangram is merely a string of words in a phrase or sentence that contain at least one of every alphabet character on the standard qwerty keyboard. The entire procedure is well documented. In fact, Microsoft itself describes this exercise quite thoroughly at Microsoft Help and Support. Microsoft definitely has some secrets, conspiracy material even - but this ain't it.

There are, though, a number of far more interesting things hidden in most Microsoft applications than this example. Some of them allow you to access hidden games, programmer credits, and other weird and wacky stuff. They're called "Easter Eggs" and they allow users to do all sorts of things - walk through walls or find hidden areas of games, launch cartoons in applications, unleash a bit of mischief upon coworkers (timed false messages, etc.), and way way more.

By the way, having worked with Microsoft "in the trenches" for many years, I've been made aware of a few juicy morsels - some of which are probably just rumors - some maybe not.

Put it this way: If you had billions upon billions of dollars of disposable income lying around, you'd find something interesting to do with it too, wouldn't you? I mean, sure you can give a bunch away, build a giant mansion, buy one of every gizmo and gadget in the world *yawn*. Then what?

Well...

[edit-fix link]

[edit on 10/25/2007 by Outrageo]

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Not sure if this is of any significance but this sentance contains every letter of the alphabet.

Edit: looks like I'm a little too slow, wow thanks to everyone for their feedback

[edit on 25-10-2007 by cynical572]

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Dear Outrageo, I think it would be really cool to know more about some of these "Easter Eggs" and other Microsoft conspiracies, if you ever get the time, could you add more details to this thread, the secret games and stuff is pretty interesting...thanks again

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 06:12 PM
link   
If you want to look for some of those Easter Eggs, just google microsoft easter eggs....

www.computerhope.com...
j-walk.com...

and, then I found this quickly, about XP and Vista

www.auditmypc.com...

A little search goes a long way.

A_L

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 06:13 PM
link   
microsof records data from the computers any way, my firewall is buzzing me all the time that componets of windows are trying to send out to microsoft data, any one tried out the con thing?

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by pepsi78

Just ried the "con" thing and it seems I cannot name anything "con" because it is a researved filename.

Yup, odd.

Cuhail

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 06:54 PM
link   
It won't let you use a "con" file name because it's reserved in MS-DOS. The command CON refers to the console command in DOS. You can't use ANY command that is reserved for use by the OS. You can't use LPT1, LPT2, etc either as a file name.

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
It won't let you use a "con" file name because it's reserved in MS-DOS. The command CON refers to the console command in DOS. You can't use ANY command that is reserved for use by the OS. You can't use LPT1, LPT2, etc either as a file name.

My age may be telling on me here, but CON is a reserved word. You can't name a file con at all.

The old command structure was something like this.

copy con > filename.txt

Not a conspiricy at all.

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 07:21 PM
link   
If by conspiracy you mean they have most of the market cornered, then yes!

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 12:42 PM
link   
when I typed =Rand(50,50) on MSWord the newest version whatever its called i got a thing on using the Insert tab and it coped it 75 pages worth, nothing that amazing, seems to be just a quick way to get to the instructions.

if you do this one: =rand(200,99) it does 505 pages

[edit on 10/26/2007 by PennKen2009]

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 12:45 PM
link   
simple:

The Xbox 360's Red Ring Of Death.
After 2, almost 3 years of owning my precious $500 piece of sensitive electronics, it gave me the sign that It took a nice, large dump somewhere inside the Box. After calling Cust Support, I get to wait 3-4 days for a postage paid coffin for it, and get to wait a month or so for it to be 'fixed' or replaced with a refurbished 360. *sigh*. I thought I was immune to the Red Ring Plague.

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Want some real conspiracies? Try these:

1. This Rense article about one Bill Gates.

A tax on all financial transactions is part of what Lucis Trust calls "The Plan." This begins with the proclamation of the "Maitreya," the New Age Messiah who they have been grooming for more than three decades.

According to Cumbey, who is a lawyer, the "Plan" also includes a new world government and religion under Maitreya, a universal credit card system; an authority that would control the food supply; a universal tax; and a universal draft.

2. An article about Gates and pharm industry: 100777.com...

3. Here's a three minute Youtube clip: www.youtube.com... Kinda hilarious how they get on MS about capitalizing words.

4. Here's another damning article on Gates and the NWO:
www.mega.nu:8080...

So, what we got is Gates "charity" vaccinating the poor/3rd world countries under the name, The Plan -- sounds like population control -- pocket change for that guy, "donation" is a far cry w/ some articles out there.

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Just thought I'd share...

reserved names: CON, PRN, AUX, NUL, COM1, COM2, COM3, COM4, COM5, COM6, COM7, COM8, COM9, LPT1, LPT2, LPT3, LPT4, LPT5, LPT6, LPT7, LPT8, and LPT9.

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by anhinga

I wouldnt trust "rense" as a source, they have been caught out a few times before apparently. I think they just make most of it up

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 10:26 PM
link   
woo my first post lol
attempted to name a file as con in office 2007 which comes up as "the file name 'con' is a reserved device name".
having done a search on my machine i cant find anything named as con, device, file or otherwise.

About MS, is it true that MS DOS was purchased off a third party for peanuts?
and is it true that the GUI was stolen by Bill from Steve Jobs?

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by rapturas

Yes, everything that Bill Gates marketed was stolen I think, and alot of ideas that are used today were used by other software eg lotus. None if it was his idea but he was just first to make it work properly

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join