It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Third World War

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Well its coming soon to a town near all of us so how are we going to prepare for it and more importantly survive it, Idea's please.

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 03:12 PM
link   
It is, that's news to me, why are you so certain?

What exactly do you feel we will have to survive?

Luckily I'm a multi multi millionaire with a custom built
nuclear proof bunker underneath my mansion which has aircon, a jacuzzi, high speed internet access, a giant widescreen TV, two bedrooms and enough food to last for ages so I'm really not bothered.

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by magicmushroom
Well its coming soon to a town near all of us so how are we going to prepare for it and more importantly survive it, Idea's please.

I think we should all dress in Road Warrior-type costumes, with ratty cloth and fur on top of football padding. That seems to be the best way to go, as the padding is very helpful, whether you're being attacked by crazed mutants who want to eat your brains or by outlaw bandits who want your precious gasoline. Sawed-off shotgun will be your best friend.

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Ya know people are always mentioning guns as a form of protection and all but the way I see it they will be practically useless with the forms of weapons and advanced technology that has been slowly eased into place while we all try to figure how what in the world is going on,.

Accousical weapons
Lazers mounted on airplanes
Biological weapons
Low functioning due to harmful foods, additives, etc
Drones, cloaking, wormholes, dragonfly looking spy gear.
SWAT teams
Undead Armies of zombies (lol)

The list could go on and on if my memory was any better.

Point is would a gun really do much to protect a person and thier loved ones beyond a one on one encounter with another person?

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 03:31 PM
link   
PMEX, if you dont believe war is coming what have you got a nuke bunker for then, heavy rain?

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 03:35 PM
link   

PMEX, if you dont believe war is coming what have you got a nuke bunker for then, heavy rain?

Oh my word.

Please go here for an explanation:

dictionary.reference.com...

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by pmexplorer

You linked the definition of Sarcasm
—Synonyms 1. sardonicism, bitterness, ridicule. See irony1. 2. jeer.

Ridicule, Jeer

I didn't really think that is what makes ATS great.

Why bother saying anything if it is just to be sarcastic?

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 03:38 PM
link   
PMEX how would I know that is sarcasm, there are plenty of people with nuke bunkers you know.

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 03:48 PM
link   

PMEX how would I know that is sarcasm, there are plenty of people with nuke bunkers you know.

I thought the whole 'multi multi millionaire' bit would have been outlandish enough to have done the trick.

Maybe I'm losing my touch

Anyways, back on topic, I'm sorry for making fun, sometimes
it's hard to resist, but the thread title is a bit too 'doomsdayish' for my liking.

I do wonder why you are so certain WWWIII is so imminent or what information / evidence etc you have to support your theory.

Thanks.

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I must be totally paranoid, but I have to agree with you. I too feel like I need a plan should anything happen, not just war. I think about it every day. :O(

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by interestedalways

Hey you forgot one! Active Denial System. A Directed Energy Weapon used for large scale crowd control. Nice. Sorry don't have time to link so maybe you can just scroogle it.

As for WWIII. Pray.

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Pmex, what do I have to support my theory, how about the last 2k years of history of mans inhumanity against his fellow man.

Remember wars are fought for 3 reasons, natural resources, religion or the belief of superiority over others. We are still in the materialistic, religeous, supremacy trap so therefore wars will still occur. As with the current wars being waged over natural resources and religion.

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Pmex, what do I have to support my theory, how about the last 2k years of history of mans inhumanity against his fellow man.

Remember wars are fought for 3 reasons, natural resources, religion or the belief of superiority over others. We are still in the materialistic, religeous, supremacy trap so therefore wars will still occur. As with the current wars being waged over natural resources and religion.

Good post mm,
for a war of such scale to occur it would mean that the leaders of all the current economic and political superpowers were involved and of the incidents which have occurred in the last decade it has been a superpower like the USA involved in conflict with a nation of lesser size, political power and armed forces.

(Edit: Message understood folks)

[edit on 25-10-2007 by pmexplorer]

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Like I said in some other thread, the Iraq invasion could be considered to be the start of World War 3, much like history books say Hitler going into Poland was the start of World War 2.

We wont know until afterwards what historians will say started it.

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Why I'm suprised at so little response, obviously the reality of war is not as important as talking about your gun stash or fighting ghosts.

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack

Hey you forgot one! Active Denial System. A Directed Energy Weapon used for large scale crowd control. Nice. Sorry don't have time to link so maybe you can just scroogle it.

I thought you were kidding about a weapon called Active Denial System.. It sounded like a term describing the results of mass sheeple programming but then I did the "scroogle" and found it to be very real.

It is becoming such that the only real hope is that courage and spirit that allowed for a "David and Goliath" type of occurance will kick in and save the day, cause it ain't lookin to good from here.

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 10:42 PM
link   
I have been thinking about this for many years, i started by doing some military service (Infantry). for a couple of reasons. 1. they teach you all the basic and advanced survival techniques (they do in the New Zealand army anyways). 2. you also learn combat survival. and you get used to what its like to survive in a war zone by actually being in one whether that be exercise or deployment.

When world war 3 comes around i'll be ready.

Heard a good line the other day, "You never know when you need to be fighting fit" So best to stay at your peak as much as possible yeah? hence why i still try to train twice a day.

best bit of advice i can give to anybody who wants an edge, is to be as fit as you can and get out doors. learn to sustain yourself. you can read all you want - but at the end of the day its going to come down to who has got their time in the wilderness up.

p.s we're all asuming there will be no draft... chances are we'll all be on the front line or facing prison anyways. damn sure if my country calls on me for world war 3 i'll be there. just like my father and my grand father etc etc. not that war is a nice thing but sooner or later everybody has to make a choice. are you with 'em or against 'em.

Blurry

top topics

join