It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Al Franken knocks down Dean heckler.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 02:28 PM
link   

January 27, 2004 -- EXETER, N.H. - Wise-cracking funnyman Al Franken yesterday body-slammed a demonstrator
to the ground after the man tried to shout down Gov. Howard Dean.

Ok. I am not getting into the political mess, but I thought it was funny that Al Franken
was quoted as saying this about why he knocked the man down....

Franken said he's not backing Dean but merely wanted to protect the right of people to speak freely.

Does this sound politically correct to you?

nypost.com...

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Oops. Can a mod please put this in the Non-Mudpit Politics & Scandals section. The thought of funnyman Al Franken doing a flying body tackle just over-whelmed me for a second!!!

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 02:36 PM
link   
As long as you're saying something that is agreeable - you can have all the free speech you want, is'nt that PC?

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 03:11 PM
link   
how is knocking someone down protecting free speech?

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Hey dude where did Shawn Connery go!

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 03:15 PM
link   
from the school of FAUX NEWS/ENTERTAINMENT!

The right wing NY Post does not like Franken.For example, check out this gem:

www.nypost.com...

Now, the above article COULD be true,but considering the Post has a reputation as being very tabloid-esque,I question it.(however, if another news source reports the same thing, I'll give in give them some credit)but for now its just what it is "GOSSIP"

Heres the REAL article as posted by CNN.

www.cnn.com...

As you see, theres a difference in the reporting.The Post puts a little Dramatic flare into it. Matt Drudge is running the story + Newsmax(which I believe is competing with "The Onion")

heres the NEwsmax story:

www.newsmax.com...

I love their Dramatic title, 'Wildman Franken'.

Funny how NO ONE ELSE dares print this because AL is the type to make trouble for those who lie.

Like Bill O'Lielly w/his childish lawsuit(which actually helped Al sell more copies of his book than even AL imagined,.....Thanks Bill)this will only help AL.Can not wait til AL gets his radio show so he can call all these lairs head on & then make fun of them.

By the way, their reporting theres even video footage of what really happened.
SO, this story is all wrong.

It was actually a Larouche supporter disrupting a Dean event.(lie #1)

Al didn't tackle him (lie #2)

Al actually helped security remove him. Just watch, there will be no correction by the Post on this at all. They'll just pretend it never happened & that they didn't write about this. Typical!

By the way, wouldn't it be kind of embarassing to say you got your a$$ kicked by Staurt Smalley?

[Edited on 27-1-2004 by romantico]

top topics

join