It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NWO Weighed Out. Good vs. Bad

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I just thought of our seemingly inevitable New World Order, and with so many threads about it being good or bad, I thought I might try to weigh out the good and the bad that I've come across.

Any additions would be greatly appreciated.

GOOD:
World Peace
Unity
Greater advancements in knowledge
Greater advancements in technology
Better health/healthcare
Further advancement towards Utopia

BAD:
Billions potentially die (12 out of every 13 people)
Lack of freedom/choices/liberty
Possible slavery?
Lack of cultural variety

These are the things which people are arguing about here in regards to a NWO. Can anyone here weigh it out very easily? I sure can't. Would a NWO be overall good or bad? The good sounds REALLY good, and the bad could be REALLY bad.

Like I said, if I've missed anything, let me know.

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 01:40 PM
link   
GOOD: Become less of a threat to other space-going races, therefore perhaps opening up negotiations.

BAD: Become MORE of a threat to other space-going races, therefore perhaps exterminating us.

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigbert81
I just thought of our seemingly inevitable New World Order, and with so many threads about it being good or bad, I thought I might try to weigh out the good and the bad that I've come across.

Any additions would be greatly appreciated.

GOOD:
World Peace
Unity
Better health/healthcare

BAD:
Billions potentially die (12 out of every 13 people)
Lack of freedom/choices/liberty
Possible slavery?
Lack of cultural variety

These are the things which people are arguing about here in regards to a NWO. Can anyone here weigh it out very easily? I sure can't. Would a NWO be overall good or bad? The good sounds REALLY good, and the bad could be REALLY bad.

Like I said, if I've missed anything, let me know.

Good Points...However IMO
All the positives you've picked out can go on the good list of a non new world order list as well. Except the utopia part, if you call a dictatorship utopia then I guess you could call it so. After the new world order we will be turned into nothing but hard drives......oh yea IMO I don't think there will be any positives from the NWO.

[edit on 25-10-2007 by LostInSpaceTime]

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Even the speculated "bad" aspect would be of our own doing and lack of action to obvious responsibilities. It's within the people's power of any republic to sway the course in which his or her government takes. Although death is an ugly thing, nobody likes to discuss, it's a fact of life. We've overpopulated this earth to such an extent where we have people discussing and even considering implementing eugenics programs. If you weren't a selfish person, you would see that death is a part of life and would need to happen in abundance in order for future generations to survive and coexist peacefully with one another and nature.

And as we've seen in places like West Europe, when the lines of borders mend, that doesn't take away from "culture." We have more to fear from big business sucking the life out of culture, more so than taking any invinsible borders off all countries. Nationalism and culture are two completely different things.

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 01:58 PM
link   
And we get posts like above... It seems so ludacris to me, people talking about these irrelevant issues like a "matrix" and "galactic federations."

We're human. I think, feel, touch, see, hear.. This is my reality as a human. We're far from the last sci-fi flick you've all seen and with what rationale, I will never know, seem to think this has come to pass for reality. We're still primitive animals from an evolutionary standpoint. As a species, we've failed to this day to dis-connect from our inherent nature to out our competition, rather than coexist peacefully.

A global republic is the next step in social dynamics. For better or worse, it is our responsibility to control it from it's inception.

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by DeadFlagBlues

Hmmm, I see what you're saying and you make a good point.

If you weren't a selfish person, you would see that death is a part of life and would need to happen in abundance in order for future generations to survive and coexist peacefully with one another and nature

If population reduction really is part of the NWO's plot, I just cannot advocate the extermination of so many people. We would HAVE to find another way. Period. Even though I believe that we could accomplish so much for future generations if we DID almost start with a "clean slate".

And I do know the difference between Nationalism and Culture, and I meant culture. If we lost so many people, how much of it would be lost? I think quite a bit.

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Im all for the NWO.
(after the population control,microchip,3rd world war,etc bit)

Without sounding too right wing but alot of people do need to be culled.

Travis Bickle had the right idea.
"Thank God for the rain,to wash the trash off the sidewalk"

But Im all for family and religioun so its swings and roundabouts really.

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Kilgour

I feel that people have the responsibility to educate themselves and learn how to take care of themselves. I feel that "culling" would be natural if we all had the freedom to make our own decisions.

Do you think that we actually need people to exterminate others when it would most likely happen so easily on it's own? Should we have our freedoms of course.

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigbert81

GOOD:
World Peace
Unity
Better health/healthcare

That list is laughable. There is no way of knowing how a future under the NWO will look like. Healthcare?
Sure. Utopia? Laughably optimistic.

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Unplugged

You could say the same with the Bad. Sounds like your believing only the bad.

And yes, the list was built off of pure speculation. Any one of the things I listed could be wrong, as I have no proof about what a NWO would be like. I put that together after reading through several other members' views on the subject.

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 03:53 AM
link   
In my studies, I've come across something very familiar. I study a lot about astrology and philosophy, and other times read about conspiracies or watch out for current events, but mainly the former two. It just intrigues me to see so many parallels between our universe and the one out there. Know what I'm saying?

But let me cut to the chase. I just wanted to say that the reason why we are mostly confused and scared about where the world is going is because we are stuck in the midst of two different ages. I believe that in these times, the ages are overlapping one another. As we are trying to rid ourselves of the age of Pisces, the age of Aquarius is ramming in, and we hardly have enough time to settle down. If what my studies reveal is true, then there will inevitably be a one world government, and of course inevitably, there will be a realization and revolution, or one against that world government--utopia.

We are very close to becoming Utopians, but once across that barrier, we would be far from becoming individualists again.

Now, to the point (again), the age we are currently in and have been in since (estimate) 0 A.D. is the age of Pisces. This age is characterized (much like the zodiac personality) by the battle between success and failure. There are things that will be hidden from public view in every one of us, as if there is some sort of fear in our hearts and minds. Also, we are confronted with karma, or fate as you might have it. It is an age of constant striving for answers, and those answers may never be answered. But for the answers that we do discover, will they allow us to transform or to be reborn? On the darker side of things, however, this age is also characterized by gloom, doom, secret enemies, and clandestine affairs.

On the other hand, the age of Aquarius is pushing its way forth into our lives. We have computers, the internet, high-definition televisions, special movie effects, and other gadgets to make our lives that much easier and more entertaining. The age of Aquarius is composed of science, invention, freedom, and individualism. It is an age of freedom, straightly put. This is also a time of groups, organizations, and clubs for individuals to be involved in. Strength in numbers is an important factor in this age!

So, how does this effect things now? Well, I believe that these old men, and whoever the invisible powers behind this world are, are holding onto the age of Pisces, slowly letting Aquarius in (just as we are) only to preoccupy us from the true and real agenda. I only know that that agenda is a one world government, or in other words, a utopia.

Perfect vs. Imperfect these days, and I'd rather be imperfect.

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Godknown

I'm not quite sure if I believe in all this Astrology stuff; however, I do agree with you that our world is going through some pretty intense changes right now. Anything can happen.

Also, as someone pointed out to me, a one world gov't doesn't necessarily equate to a utopia. It depends on how the one world gov't is run. If it's run like described in the Georgia Guidestones, I think it could definitely be a utopia; however, if it's more for power and slavery, obviously it wouldn't be anywhere close.

Nothing on the list above can obviously be proven. It's built from other's speculations. Anything on there could be wrong.

Thanks for the input.

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by bigbert81

No, thank you. Points well taken.

top topics

join