It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange, Ominous Black Cloud!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
cj6

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I'm not really sure how to explain this, but I'll try. Earlier this morning, as always on my daily routine, I arrived at the train station and waited for the usual 25 minutes for the train to come. It was dark as always, pretty normal for the early desert morning. Of course I go and stand at my "spot", a concrete ramp just in front of an awning with a couple of benches. There's usually a few people sitting at the benches waiting as well, but today...no one was there. So I was just standing there alone for a few minutes when I got this eerie feeling, like the feeling you get when someone's watching you. Only the feeling seemed to be coming from above me, and after a few seconds I felt this really odd "pressure" on my head, it's extremely difficult to explain but that's the best way I can describe it. The air above me felt really "heavy" and thick, and almost like it was pressing down on me. I immediately looked up and all I could see was black, complete blackness covering the sky above me. What was strange though, the blackness only seemed to cover a large area above me, as I could clearly see stars off in the distance to the right. It was like a really huge black cloud, again that's the best way I can describe it. But clouds are easy to recognize in the sky, even when it's dark. But this "cloud" looked nothing like a normal cloud, I mean there was nothing to it, it was like looking into a black hole in the sky. The pressure I felt got worse, but I actually started to feel fear, like really horrible agonizing fear! I've never felt anything like it in my whole life, I can still feel it now!
It got so bad I actually hopped the railing on the concrete ramp and got as far under the awning as I could! I just waited there with my hands over my face, I was terrified, and I really dont know why!?! The "pressure" was gone, but I could still "feel" whatever it was, I knew it was still there.
After awhile of almost pissin my pants in fear, the train came! And I know it must have looked really odd to everyone on the train to watch me run and jump so fast on that train, like someone was chasing me. As the train pulled away the fear settled a bit, but like I said, I can still feel it! I was just so glad to get away from there.

I'm not really sure what it was, I'm sure most people here will probably say it was all in my head, but I know it wasnt! I felt it!!!! Whatever was there above me, I was able to feel it, and it honestly scared the hell out of me!

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I just have to ask: where there many lights nearby?

Cities are usually "blacked out" at night due to light pollution.

Seems like a scary experience though.

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 01:41 PM
link   
this is really weird, around 5 pm yesterday my friend and i were playing basket ball and we saw this strange dark cloud. every other cloud was white but this one was almost pure black.

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 02:00 PM
link   
That sounds really wierd. Pity you didn't get a photo. Was it a perfect circle? Maybe it was something electrical? Have you checked the weather for that time, it could be an area of very, very low pressure or high pressure, or something to do with ions thatmade you feel unwell? Bizarre none-the-less.I've seen a few real wierd clouds myself. Once I saw a huge cumulous that was exactly like an x-rayed egg. It was egg shaped and you could see a jet black, dense, "yolk" inside it. It was genuinely bizarre. I got it all on film, then rewound the tape to have a look, then got distracted and filmed my cat over the top of it. Another, "one that got away" incident in my life.

[edit on 25-10-2007 by wigit]

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 03:23 PM
link   
That is just freaky. Did it happen yesterday? Last night I had a strange occurance. I was putting my son to bed, and saw a bright, I mean birght orange light outside his bedroom window. It looked like a firecracker, but it was shooting downward. It was an orange ball that seemed to flare up to a bright light, then almost dissapear, then flare up again. I really felt sick afterwards. I said nothing about it till my trip into work this morning and mentioned it to the guys. In a truck of 5 two others saw the same thing, olny we were all in complety different places.
It seemed to "fall" just a block from my house by a church, but the other guys were up to 60 kilometers away and saw the saw light.

I know this had nothing to do with a cloud, but I do understand the feeling you got from yours... I still feel sick today.

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by cj6

Ok, I'll ask the obvious question: where was this?

Other details you can fill in might help. Was there really no one else at all on the platform?

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I remember reading about some kind of Tesla technology that was being housed on the side of a mountain somewhere.

It could generate balls of energy and *throw* the colored ball of energy a very long way and it would appear at the targeted destination and release the energy at that point,.

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 03:53 PM
link   
A Few years back a friend and I were watching a thunder storm in VA. We watched what looked like a funnel cloud form over head, then we felt a large pressure increase, and both ducked at the same time as if something above us pushed down. Im sure it was just a large barometric pressure increase, but it really had an odd effect on us and things around us.

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Here is a NUFORC report from 2006 of a strange black cloud:

www.nuforc.org...

[edit on 25-10-2007 by disownedsky]

cj6

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by disownedsky
reply to post by cj6

Ok, I'll ask the obvious question: where was this?

Other details you can fill in might help. Was there really no one else at all on the platform?

This was in Palmdale, CA. And yes, there was no one else around, which I said was very strange because every morning there's always at least 4 or 5 people on the benches also waiting for the train. This has been the case for about 6 months, so the fact that no one was around at this *peticular* time was very strange to me!

As far as any other details I can think of, the shape was a little hard to see, I just know there was a certain point where you could see the actual sky with stars and everything that comes with it! It was very large, but it was obvious that it only covered a certain area above me. I think I said this before, but it looked nothing like a normal cloud, it was just blackness...like there was a large hole in the sky above me.

cj6

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by disownedsky

Thats interesting, good find!!!

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Im sure it was not smoke.. but arnt you just north of one of the major fires out there? I used to live in Palmdale, Lake LA, and Lancaster my self.

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Some clouds are white and some are "black" due to two chief reasons:

1) optical thickness and

2) viewpoint and/or background (contrast).

Concerning optical thickness: it is a technical term that just means that a thicker cloud has more droplets of water for the light to scatter off of. This can be due to either the physical thickness of the cloud or the density of the droplets, or both. For a sufficiently thick cloud (that has sufficient optical thickness) a bunch of the light is scattered back in the general direction from which it came as well as sideways and forwards, to there's just not as much light getting "through" the cloud to the ground. Up in the sky, thin clouds (like cirrus clouds) usually look white, but not thick clouds. The thicker ones look dark, but they are really just darker than the sky. It is the contrast that makes them look "black".

This optical thickness is different than saying that an optical component like a lens is thick. The optical thickness that I am talking about here refers only to those media that scatter light incoherently.

Concerning viewpoint: have you ever seen a smoke column (like from a burning pile of leaves) that looks light blue when it has a dark background (such as trees) but then it looks dark reddish if it has the sky behind it? It is the same "cloud", but the lighting is different. I have also seen water vapor columns (like from air conditioners or heat pumps) that look bright with a dark background but the very same column looks darker against a bright background (such as sky). It is like that with thick clouds, too. Even a very thick cloud has some light getting through, so if the whole sky is covered with this very thick cloud it looks gray, not black. The very same cloud looks very very white from up above (if you were in a jet plane, for instance).

You can see the same thing if you can walk around a column of water vapor. In the spring or fall you can see "mixing clouds" rising from ponds or lakes if the air temperature is very cool and the water is warm. If you can find such a "cloud", look at it with the sun at your back and it will look bright, but if you walk around it and view it more or less between you and the sun (or a bright sky) the "cloud" will look dark. It is a matter of contrast.

cj6

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 04:32 PM
link   
There are no fires near by, in fact, the rest of the sky(on the horizon as well) were pretty clear! On another note, I would know it was smoke if I saw it, it was definitely not smoke! Unless smoke can someone manifest out of nowhere in the middle of the sky, then sure...maybe it was smoke! =/

So this is very clear, there are no fires nearby!!!

cj6

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Tomis_Nexis

That's an intelligent response, maybe you've nailed it...maybe not, who knows?!

Very nice!

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Thank you.

Try it out with a cigarette. Hold it up to a dark wall or object and watch the smoke, then hold it up at the sky and compare the contrast. That's the simplest test I can think of.

cj6

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Either way, I seriously doubt clouds would induce so much fear in me! Like I said before, whatever it was, I could feel it!

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by cj6
Either way, I seriously doubt clouds would induce so much fear in me! Like I said before, whatever it was, I could feel it!

"We fear what we don't understand." I don't know who said that but they're right.

Btw, was that the only cloud in the area?

cj6

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Btw, was that the only cloud in the area?

Yes, that was the only "cloud" in the area! I've said before, as far as I could see the rest of the sky was clear!

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Interesting story you have there. I have also had an experience of my own with a jet black cloud.. I think i posted a thread on it a while back. Anyways I hope you find answers for this.

(also)

are you sure it was a cloud? or are you just describing it as one since you have not encountered anything similar before? You stated earlier that it was almost like a black hole. Did it have a shape? did it have any characteristics of a cloud besides being very dark?

[edit on 25-10-2007 by captinofcats]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join