It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Suntan lotion

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 12:51 PM
link   
anyone herd stuff on suntan lotion, like if thats a conspiracy too? Any stories? To me the sun i life and its god for you i think suntan lotion blocks the good stuff from the sun.

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 12:59 PM
link   
The only benefit to sun light for the human body is Vitamin D (absorbed through skin), and darker skin if your into that stuff. Suntan lotions try to block the negatives of sunlight.

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 02:00 PM
link   
The only real "conspiracy" that I heard of involving sunscreen is that it actually can help create more dangerous, deadly skin cancers than it protects against. This is because the sunscreen blocks the relatively mild UVs that give you a sunburn, while it encourages you to stay too long in the sun and be exposed to the nasty UV rays that get down deep into your skin and cause cancer.

Turns out sunburn is a very good warning system for overexposure to the sun, and when you try to circumvent it, you're asking for trouble.

Obviously sunscreen makers would rather you use their product, rather than relying on your own protection mechanisms, so you don't hear much about the dangers. That's a kind of conspiracy, I guess.

[edit on 25-10-2007 by Nohup]

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Nohup

Not necessarily. I'm pretty sure there's broad-spectrum sunscreens out there that block out everything.

top topics

join