It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Update on F/A-22 test flights in GA, TN, and AL

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 02:19 PM
link   
I heard back from some inquiries into the test flight schedule from F/A-22s out of Marietta, Georgia through Tennessee. They fly about twice a month, only on weekdays, and only during daylight hours. Their altitude is usually 40,000ft. The planes go super-sonic just south of Chattanooga, TN headed to Crossville, TN along the Tennessee River, then on to Scottsboro and Huntsville, Alabama. The 120 mile route through Tennesse takes just 4 minutes. If my math is right (a minor miracle) that's about 1800 miles per hour.

I better get a video camera if I want a picture of that bad boy. Wish me luck.

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Im in the region and am constantly hearing a low distant rumble only in daylight hours(for the past few days, maybe a week)...maybe I should be out looking

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 05:07 PM
link   
It'd be worth a look. I can only get down there on Mondays so my chances of catching a photo suck.

I'll remain hopeful and make do with seeing the F-15s that zoom around Watts Bar on the weekends. I see/hear those often when I am down in the Bowater Pocket park around Spring City, but now I'll pay more attention since they may be chase planes for a Raptor. -even if Lockheed says they don't do supersonic testing on weekends, they may still fly 'em.

join