It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bomb Iran? U.S. Requests Bunker-Buster Bombs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Bush's Request for Stealth combers sparks IRAN freas..

www.abcnews.go.com

The item: $88 million to modify B-2 stealth bombers so they can carry a newly developed 30,000-pound bomb called the massive ordnance penetrator, or, in military-speak, the MOP.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 25-10-2007 by Thirst]

Mod Edit - Headline: Please use the original story headline from your source.

[edit on 10/25/2007 by Gools]

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Looks like America is gearing up for war once again. Im amazed this has only just come to light, almost as if America has so much money to chuck at the war that they don’t really care anymore. God forbid they do attack Iran war will make its way to our homelands.

www.abcnews.go.com

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Well that might be a hint or a show of force but it we're still working on updating the stealth bombers they're not going to be active for several months at least. In another 12 months maybe.

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 12:34 PM
link   
It seems like there is no way for us to avoid this war with Iran. It is scary if you ask me. I am not so sure that this makes us any closer then we already are however. The path that this whole thing has taken is just a little too convenient I think. What if Iran was the plan the whole time? We all thought we were in Iraq for the oil, but what if we were actually there so we could establish a base to attack Iran out of?

As selfish and superficial as this might sound, I am really glad we are fighting there instead of here. I know that is sick, but I can't help it. I don't want my daughter to have to worry about a bomb blowing up in her grade school, or Halloween getting canceled because the city is on lock down due to insurgent activities. I can't imagine what living in a war would feel like. I don't pray, but they are truly in my heart.

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by sputniksteve

I echo your sentiments.

It's amazing how much money is being spent on the war machine. Imagine what that money could do for the world if it was spent in a positive light.

People in power make me sick. It truly corrupts.

I'm starting to reach the point where I'm thinking that there is nothing we can do to stop any of this. People are just too apathetic these days.

Think I'll just go for a beer while I still can.

It sucks.

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 01:55 PM
link   
If it comes to war I hope we bomb the crap out of them so that we don't get attacked on our own land.

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 07:22 AM
link   
This is seriously frightening that THIS was included in the last request from Druggie Jr.

Pelosi is such waste garbage, she'll deceive the country until Apocalypse.

'Revolution in Military Affairs' is what *they* threatened w/ the Project/New American Century writings. Here it is, complete w/ TRAITORS to Congress and the House of Reps. Rep? Who's being represented, not the people I know.

And to that last poster -- are you that dense and believe everything you read? That's a really crude, offensive post and I imagine a lot of INNOCENT people out there think the same should they happen to be in said country. "They" right? Like you know any of 'them' -- it's bordering on a racist comment.

[edit on 26-10-2007 by anhinga]

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 07:37 AM
link   
I think these new bombs will be for Hilarys wars,not Bushes next one.
I reckon that all the ordnance required for the Iran plan is either already in theatre,or is being shipped their as we speak.

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 07:42 AM
link   
This article thinks they're headed over w/ this war $$ request:

The huge and controversial $196.4 billion emergency war supplemental spending request, released by the White House on Monday, contains an $88 million item designated to provide for the modification of B-2 stealth bombers so they may carry a newly developed 30,000-pound bomb, called a MOP (massive ordinance penetrator) or "bunker-buster."

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 07:48 AM
link   
It must take a bit of time to modify the planes to carry such a weapon-at least a year or so I would have thought.
Must be a big job,but maybe they have finished it by now in which case they could send these bombs to the middle east in time for Iran.

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by blowfishdl
If it comes to war I hope we bomb the crap out of them so that we don't get attacked on our own land.

you really think your
invincible?

you thinking by bombing the crap of a country half way across the globe and kill countless Innocent women and children will make you and your family sleep easy?

whats the size of the US boarder including (Sea and land)

How many nukes could be brought in and detonated next to and in cities or next to nuclear installations?

if the US (your county) did what you are suggesting then the Iranians will be fully justified in returning the favor.

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Sorry for the short post, but are nukes ever justified?I think to not and suggest otherwise is ridiculous. Sorry.

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by bodrul

Awesome post.

Is this two lines?

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 10:20 AM
link   
No, but I think it is justified.

The minimum post rule is fair enough but in some situations I think the blunt straightforwardness of a sentence or so is entirely justifiable.

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 10:23 AM
link   
As the article points out, what would these 30,000 lb. bunker-buster bombs be used for in Iraq or Afghanistan? Why would the U.S. need B2 bombers to drop these bombs in either of these countries when the U.S. controls the airspace in both countries and can fly at will to perform any action that they please?

The obvious answer, the only possible scenario, is that the U.S. wants to fit the B2 Stealth Bomber to carry these bombs for use in hostile territory. That's what the B2 Bomber was made for. Injecting itself into hostile territory with little fear of detection. There could be 10 of these flying into Iran's airspace and the only clue they would have would be when the bombs went off.

On the other side of the issue, why would the Whitehouse leak this information in a public budget vote unless they were wanting to send a message to Iran. A message that the U.S. is ready to hit their underground nuclear facilities if necessary.

Other news that ties closely to this is that Pres. Bush and Putin seem to have reached a deal on the U.S. extending force into Iran. The U.S. will delay the deployment of it's missile sheild in Europe and Russia will look the other way when Iran is attacked. Of course it's not written out exactly like that but it is odd that Pres. Bush would dangle the missile shield keys to Russia in this fashion.

President Bush said yesterday that a missile defense system is urgently needed in Europe to guard against a possible attack on U.S. allies by Iran, while Defense Secretary Robert M. Gates suggested that the United States could delay activating such a system until there is "definitive proof" of such a threat.
Washington Post

If Iran is attacked perhaps the need for a missile shield would disappear. It's an obvious Quid Pro Quo

abcnews.go.com

[edit on 26-10-2007 by dbates]

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 10:33 AM
link   
The day nuclear weapons are used to `solve a problem` is the day pandora`s box is well and truely thrown open

kashmir? Pakistan and India nuke each other and glasses the entire of kashmir

Chechnya? Russia glass the country from one side to the other - all in the name of the `war on terrorism` of course.

Falkland Islands? UK flatten Buenas Aires

the list goes on and on.

the use of WMD`s is a line which shouldn`t be crossed - just because the US etc have nukes , its only 1 out of 3 types on WMD`s - russia are the world leaders in the other 2 - and are decades ahead in bio weapons - what if ebola-pox is dropped in the midwest and spread via the winds across mainland usa? within a few days you have a pandemic of dying people

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 10:56 AM
link   
At the age of 18 I was checking the local news for names of friends killed in Viet Nam.

Now I'm checking for children of friends killed in Iraq. We could have won the Viet Nam Conflict and we could win the Iraq war. War is HELL people. It never was intended to be a picnic.

We stopped WW2 with 2 bombs. We can stop this war. But ours and other countries don't want to kill the cash cow.

I feel we should warn the people to get out and then level half of Iraq and make it our military stand. From that point we will be able to better defend Israel and other countries.

We are prolonging the inevitable and loosing lives and money by playing war.

If innocent people would loose their lives in a complete takeover what was happening before we went to Iraq? I believe women were marched out to the sports field and killed. Women and children were not allowed an education. I could go on and on but do your reserch and see the atrocities suffered upon the people of Iraq.

Everytime I've made a wish upon a star, wished when I blew out birthday candls or prayed...it was for world peace.

If we don't continue to build out military power we could easily be taken over by another government. It is a necessary evil. We can't even stop fighting each other in our country.

Peace, Love and Bigger Bombs,
Dizzie

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I think the EMP bomb is a super effective weapon that we would use before considering nukes.

new topics

top topics

join