It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chandler Wobble cause of Global Catastrophies?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Here is the Wikipedia page for the Chandler Wobble. It has some wording that makes me wonder if it could possibly be the reason for all of the recent tornadoes, extreme high winds,volcanoes, floods, hurricanes and earthquakes? Take a look and see what you think.

en.wikipedia.org...

This is a multidisciplinary group that is comprised of several different organizations that attempt to compile data relating to the flow and changes of the inner and outer core as observable from earth as well as space. It is called The Special Bureau for the Core. Or SBC

www.astro.oma.be...

You can click around on this site and check out the different forms of data.
Interesting site although I was not able to produce much in real time and current information data. Just have a hunch here, what do you know or think?

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Didn't the earth stop wobbling few days After the Boxer Day MegaQuake and Tsunami. When was that again? 2003 or 2004 or 2005??? I dont recall.

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Where2Hide2006

Thankyou for your question, there is very little I know about the Chandler wobble and even less understood, yet its doubtful I am alone.

The wobble has always fluxuated. It was assumed it would eventually come to a complete stop. Wouldnt it be possible for it to be operating on the same principal as a childs swing in that it would eventually come to an apparent stop before changing direction?

The wobble's diameter has varied since discovery, reaching its most extreme range recorded to date in 1910. The cause is unknown: barring any external force, the wobble should have eventually subsided. Originally it was believed that the wobble was caused by seasonal weather fluctuations causing shifts in atmospheric mass distribution, or possible geophysical movement beneath Earth's crust. On 18 July 2000, however, the Jet Propulsion Laboratory announced that "the principal cause of the Chandler wobble is fluctuating pressure on the bottom of the ocean, caused by temperature and salinity changes and wind-driven changes in the circulation of the oceans."

Interesting thought, yet wouldnt it make more sense if it was from an external force at the point of origination such as when the planet was first bound by the laws of its gravitational forces? How does this come into play while considering the hollow earth theory? Any ideas?

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   
I am bringing this thread back up based on this thread I just saw today.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I would love to hear from some of you from the scientific areas that may shed some light on this possibility.

top topics

join