It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1999 Total Destuction Of Earth (almost)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 09:51 AM
link   
We nearly escaped the Total Destruction of Earth

WE LEARN AFTER THE FACT ABOUT THE FIRST PLANET "X" NEAR MISS

23rd of SEPT. 1999 was a MAJOR "D" DAY...

just 99 days late-- this Comet-- Comet 17P/Holmes railroaded in right in onto our orbital ring-path (after taking probably thousands of years to come in) and would have ended all life on this planet...

Yes-- there is a God.

Comet 17P/Holmes intersected Earth's orbital path on January 1st 2000!

It is now moving away from us. See orbit:

www.astroarts.com...

Type 17P/Holmes and hit the 'Show Orbit' button...

Set date controls (rewind)

It came in to the solar system in 1989...

Somebody knew!?!

Must've scared them #less for a while there... : )

~

[edit on 25-10-2007 by Scienceguy]

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 10:03 AM
link   
It was about 1.4 AU at it's closest. That's nearly 1.5 times further away than the sun is from Earth. Hardly a near miss compared to many other objects out there.

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Dude, as the Eminent Mr Bates proposed, said comet missed Terra by a huge margin...

Nothing to get too upset about...Especially since said event is well in the past...Now...If you can show me an iceball or rock that will pass WELL inside us and Luna anytime soon, I'm all ears

Peace

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Rilence

Chances are, they aren't talking about such an object if there is one. One of the things that the powers that be have a tremendous fear of, for whatever reason, is mass panic. I'd be willing to bet that there could be an asteroid or comet within spitting distance of our planet, and we'd never know anything about it until our lungs filled with dirt and our skin began to melt.

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by SpeakerofTruth

Yep...Agreed SOT...The powers that be could well pull the wool over our collective eyes until we have one day to deal with said threat as best we can...

HOWEVER...

There is and has been a MASSIVE professional/amateur group of people monitoring NEO's for several years now and that is only going to grow as far as the number of people/resources/and scopes involved goes...

NOW...

If you are talking about the powers that be deliberately trying to stop said info leaking into the public domain weeks, months or more before it was about to happen...

I hear you..I truly do...Despite said event could make the extinction of the dinosaurs look like a NYE fireworks display...

I can honestly see how some sickos in roles where we trust these people to protect us day after day honestly get off over everyone getting wiped out in such a situation thru inaction...

If this is what you are alluding to, I would wonder why the powers that be would hide this ?

Surely their survival is tied in with the survival of some of us, no matter how underground they survive...?

I mean, not having sufficient genetic stock to breed from could delay restoration of the human race anywhere from 10's of thousands to 100's of thousand years...

Its in the powers that be interests that as many of those outside govt shelter survive such an event if only for diversity in the future gene pool

Peace

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Hi,

LOOK AGAIN @ THE CHART--

JAN 1st 2000

1 AU

Earth is @ 1 AU.

It was DEAD ON...

Chart:

www.astroarts.com...

Type 17P/Holmes and hit the 'Show Orbit' button...

Set date controls (rewind)

It came in to the solar system in 1989...

Somebody knew!?!

Must've scared them ****less for a while there... : )

~

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 10:29 AM
link   
1 AU is the distance from the Earth to the Sun. That's about 93,000,000 miles. You have to drop down several decimal places for it to be considered close. A close call would look like .0008 AU.

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by dbates
1 AU is the distance from the Earth to the Sun. That's about 93,000,000 miles.

That's approximately the same distance as our sun... Isn't it?

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 10:34 AM
link   
1 AU = 93 million miles.

It would be 372 times more likely that the moon would crash into the earth.

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 10:36 AM
link   
That's what 1 AU means. 1 Astronomical Unit which is the distance to the sun from the Earth. That's how things are usually measured inside of our solar system.

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Scienceguy

Quite a find Scienceguy. This has lead me to search for other candidates that may/may not hit the Earth later this century.

1 February, 2019

Researchers estimate that on 1 February, 2019, its impact velocity on the Earth would be 28 km a second - enough to wipe out a continent and cause global climate changes.

Has anyone found an update to this story from 2002?

news.bbc.co.uk...

March 21, 2014

TOn impact, it could have the effect of 20 million Hiroshima atomic bombs, a spokesman for the British government's Near Earth Object Information Centre told BBC radio.

This one looks like less of a threat according to the story, but who knows.

www.cnn.com...

April 13 2029

Apophis had been intermittently tracked since its discovery in June last year but, in December, it started causing serious concern. Projecting the orbit of the asteroid into the future, astronomers had calculated that the odds of it hitting the Earth in 2029 were alarming. As more observations came in, the odds got higher.

It's my understanding from this story that we will know a little more about it's path in 2013.

www.guardian.co.uk...

I don't know what the current odds of the big one hitting Earth are. It's just with each new find the odds are getting a little closer to 1-1. The truth is never going to come out except if it leaked. Why panic all of us with news that the end is near and their is not much anyone can do about it.

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Thank you, dbates, I thought that was how far the earth was from the sun, but I wasn't sure. I've heard other figures, but 93 million miles is what I remember from school.

[edit on 25-10-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 10:44 AM
link   

1 AU is the distance from the Earth to the Sun. That's about 93,000,000 miles. You have to drop down several decimal places for it to be considered close. A close call would look like .0008 AU.

Hi, people here depend upon my credibility-- so please forgive as I must not just cower--

With all due respect,

there is a measurement in science and it is called one to one 1:1

A near miss would have included the 1 and then decimal places as required.

So you concede that your earlier statement that my distance was somehow 'way' 'way' "off"--

was actually incorrect--

Yes...

But you then seek to say-- I was surely--

-- and somehow had to be--

"still wrong" and said it was off by a few decimal places

O.K. --

Let's drop down a few decimal places...

It is so dead on on that date that they didn't include the additional decimal places until two days later when it was calculated as:

" Sun Distance 1.001 AU "

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I don't think you understand. 1 AU is equal to the distance from the Sun to the Earth. Saying it was 1.01 AU means it was further away from us than the sun is. 1.000000000000000008 is still further away than 1.

I'm not trying to be disrespectful, but I think you're missing a basic mathematic concept. A near miss would need to be much lower than 1. It would look like 0.0008 or something of that nature.

One other point you are missing is that crossing earth's orbit is not all that's needed for a near miss. Space is 4 dimensional. For a near miss you would have to be at the correct X Y Z coordinates at the proper time.

[edit on 25-10-2007 by dbates]

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 11:05 AM
link   

I don't think you understand. 1 AU is equal to the distance from the Sun to the Earth. Saying it was 1.01 AU means it was further away from us than the sun is. 1.000000000000000008 is still further away than 1.

I'm not trying to be disrespectful, but I think you're missing a basic mathematic concept. A near miss would need to be much lower than 1. It would look like 0.0008 or something of that nature.

One other point you are missing is that crossing earth's orbit is not all that's needed for a near miss. Space is 4 dimensional. For a near miss you would have to be at the correct X Y Z coordinates at the proper time.

[edit on 25-10-2007 by dbates]

My capacity in my employment requires me to solve problems when no one else can.

This means that I am sometimes under massive duress to solve such things with no one else to turn to, and the time factor is often so critical because so much time had passed before I was brought in and it has become an emergency matter.

I understand that I did my research and that research was not in error on this specific matter : )

on January 1st it was not greater or less than 1 AU --

It was Exactly 1 AU as stated on the chart.

In fact it had zoned into 1 AU on the 31st and stayed there through the 2nd.

I do understand that the chart is subject to some margin of course but all these are dead on and these are after-the-fact rather than predictions, which give the data a bit more credibility.

If we stop to really consider the actual implications-- even a cometary 'near miss' is widely viewed by the astrosciences as an extinction level event as creating untold disturbances on the surface of such a nearby planet as ours...

Peace

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Scienceguy
on January 1st it was not greater or less than 1 AU --

It was Exactly 1 AU as stated on the chart.

In fact it had zone into 1 AU on the 31st and stayed there through the 2nd.

That's still 93,000,000 miles away from the earth. Hardly a near miss in anyone's book. Claiming that was a near miss is like saying a man in New York was almost ran over by a bus in China. The distance is too great for anyone to take notice.

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Wow, this is Amazing!!!

When I was still in Highschool (class of 99') I was reading a lot of Nostradamus' work relating to the new millenia. What I came to discover is that Nostradamus Predicted a Comet on Sept. 23rd, 1999... I tried to warn people that i cared about about the coming callamity... Then Sept 23rd (the 3rd Thursday in the 9th month) came and went and nothing happened at all. I looked like a fool, because I honestly thought I had cracked some kind of Nostradamus Code.

Now I find out, 8 years later, that I was almost right.

This is amazing.

Note: Nostradamus also predicted 9-11, and Huricane Katrina.

[edit on 25-10-2007 by Where2Hide2006]

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 11:15 AM
link   
dbates, perhaps it is a "near miss" in regards to astronomical objects...

[edit on 25-10-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 11:25 AM
link   
All this scientific jargon is actually not all that hard to get a handle on if we take a step back and actually see the forest for the trees...

The Earth travels this orbital ring @ 93,000,000 miles from the Sun.

The chart shows that this comet came in like merging traffic and was for three days actually on the same path that Earth was --

--and in the very same space as Earth was some 99 days earlier --

Comet was exactly at a 1:1 Earth distance from the Sun when it came through.

According to the posted data on the JPL Chart, the miss factor was one of time only.

It was an extinction level event that we apparently escaped by a factor of time only... showing all your naysaying relatives-- that it can happen... and that you are Not Nuts for considering the possibility! : )

PEACE

Q: Like some more mind-benders?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Mod Edit: please stop using the bold feature for whole posts.

[edit on 27-10-2007 by chissler]

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Where2Hide2006
Wow, this is Amazing!!!

When I was still in Highschool (class of 99') I was reading a lot of Nostradamus' work relating to the new millenia. What I came to discover is that Nostradamus Predicted a Comet on Sept. 23rd, 1999... I tried to warn people that i cared about about the coming callamity... Then Sept 23rd (the 3rd Thursday in the 9th month) came and went and nothing happened at all. I looked like a fool, because I honestly thought I had cracked some kind of Nostradamus Code.

Now I find out, 8 years later, that I was almost right.

This is amazing.

Note: Nostradamus also predicted 9-11, and Huricane Katrina.

[edit on 25-10-2007 by Where2Hide2006]

Hi,

I would like to have a look at those prediciton passages-- as would others here...

Please pull them up and post.

: )

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join